Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

omg someone please help me with my husband's friggin crazy thoughts

Wikiposts

omg someone please help me with my husband's friggin crazy thoughts

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about
Default omg someone please help me with my husband's friggin crazy thoughts

hi all,

my husband is driving me friggin nuts. he thinks that if he doesnt have his greencard, of which his AOS was approved, and has only the stamp in his passport, which we will be going to indy to get next thursday, his country of origin, morocco, will not let him board the plane when we return from our trip in aug.

would someone please tell me if what he says is true or just him enjoying getting my dander up.

thank you,
linda
Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:47 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: omg someone please help me with my husband's friggin crazy thoughts

Originally Posted by lfaridi
my husband is driving me friggin nuts. he thinks that if he doesnt have his greencard, of which his AOS was approved, and has only the stamp in his passport, which we will be going to indy to get next thursday, his country of origin, morocco, will not let him board the plane when we return from our trip in aug.
Well, Morocco might not let him board the plane... but that reason won't be related to his not having a GC.

Ian
Old Jun 24th 2005, 3:42 am
Eric S.

The stamp in the passport serves as a "temporary green card" until the real
one arrives in the mail. It has all same rights of travel and employment
authorization. In other words, you no longer need AP or EAD once you have
the stamp.

- Eric S.

"lfaridi" <member10543@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > hi all,
    > my husband is driving me friggin nuts. he thinks that if he doesnt have
    > his greencard, of which his AOS was approved, and has only the stamp in
    > his passport, which we will be going to indy to get next thursday, his
    > country of origin, morocco, will not let him board the plane when we
    > return from our trip in aug.
    > would someone please tell me if what he says is true or just him
    > enjoying getting my dander up.
    > thank you,
    > linda
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Well, Morocco might not let him board the plane... but that reason won't be related to his not having a GC.

Ian

lmao ian,

i think the men in white coats will be waiting for him as he disembarks the plane.

linda
Old Jun 24th 2005, 11:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lmao ian,

i think the men in white coats will be waiting for him as he disembarks the plane.

linda
Sounds like they might be there for you, linda! <g>
Old Jun 24th 2005, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Eric S.]The stamp in the passport serves as a "temporary green card" until the real
one arrives in the mail. It has all same rights of travel and employment
authorization. In other words, you no longer need AP or EAD once you have
the stamp.

- Eric S.

thanks eric,
i know this to be true, but with someone coming from a very oppressed society grows up thinking that their country of origin will get their grips into a returning national even if that national has a legal status in another country.

linda
Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Sounds like they might be there for you, linda! <g>
yeah i should have referred to myself. in my husband's lang. they have a funny word for madhouse. grwawa with a rolling R. we nicknamed my kids grandmother grwawa,she's been waaaaaaayyyy off the deep end for a while, but soon it should be mine. i'm getting awfully close to the edge

linda
Old Jun 24th 2005, 6:09 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

would someone please tell me if what he says is true or just him enjoying getting my dander up.

thank you,
linda
We recently went to Canada for a visit and they let my husband (from Pakistan) back into the U.S. with only his I-551 stamp with no questions asked. It was way easy and they didnt even do a strip search, call out the dogs, or draw any weapons! Just passed us on thru!

Marnee
Old Jun 25th 2005, 1:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
It was way easy and they didnt even do a strip search...
This reminds me of the last time I had fingerprints done... at the office in Charleston ,WV. There was an armed guard at the front desk who asked why I was there, wanted to see my appointment letter, and asked that I sign the log book and show him some photo ID. I gave him my GC and as he looked at it, he said - with an absolutely straight face - that I was lucky I came on a Tuesday and not a Monday because on Monday's they do a complete full-body cavity search! Of course, as soon as he was finished he burst out laughing - more, I think because of the look on my face!

Ian