Oklahoma City - AOS

Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:31 pm
Isabelle's Mommy

AndysGirl will become famous soon enough
Default Oklahoma City - AOS

Hi all, Andrew & I had our AOS interview on 02/12/2004 and we thought that you might like to share our experience.

Our interview was scheduled for 8.45am and Diane, our immigration officer, called us in at 9.00am so only a fifteen minute wait. She then made us keep standing and raise our right hand to swear that everything we are saying is the truth.

She then proceeded to fingerprint and have Andrew sign this card (Im guessing this is his green card).

Here are the things she wanted to see:

Andrews passport, my birth certificate wasnt in our file (don't know where that went?!?), luckily I had my original with me for her to copy, proof of finances-health insurance cards, joint bank account, joint credit card statements, apartment lease, dental insurance, life insurance policies. Then she asked for photos. We brought our wedding album and about 10-15 other pics. I asked her if those were okay, she said they were good. She said as long as you're not wearing the same clothes in different locations, they are fine

Then she said the words 'chicken pox', I had no clue what she was saying. Well, Andrew didnt have indicated on either the medical report from London or from his own doctors medical reports that he had the chicken pox as a child or had the vaccine.
The people at the US Embassy in London never told him to get this. They told him to get other vaccinations, MMR.TD etc but not the varicella shot. So basically he could not get his stamp in his passport without one. The lady knew Andrew wasnt working right now, so she said :"If you get the shot and have one of the civil surgeons do the job and return with the signed form and come back on Friday (the next day), I have no interviews and you could get in and we will take care of this." So thats exactly what we did, after freaking out a little, and $120!! later we had the signed supplemental vaccine form.

Friday morning Andrew went in, gave her the form and got his stamp....which he is SO proud of. Like a kid in a candy store!

During the interview, the immigration officer never asked for our correspondence, letter of affidavits, and the INS forms he has accumulated.

We were prepared except for the chicken pox vaccination. Which, if we had known, we would have taken care of ALONG time ago.

So that was our interview. We get a nice little break now before the removal of conditions.

Hope this info helps!

Robin
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oklahoma City - AOS

Congratulations......
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:59 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Congratulations......

Many congrats!!!! Sounds like a fairly painless experience.

I think I'm in trouble, then. I had chickenpox when I was two, and although I have a scar on my nose, I have no written evidence on my records. I checked the copies of my records from my GP, but there's nothing about chickenpox.

Anyway, many congrats again!!!

Kate. xxxx
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Many congrats!!!! Sounds like a fairly painless experience.

I think I'm in trouble, then. I had chickenpox when I was two, and although I have a scar on my nose, I have no written evidence on my records. I checked the copies of my records from my GP, but there's nothing about chickenpox.

Anyway, many congrats again!!!

Kate. xxxx

Go to you physician and have the antibody test done. Take the results with you to the interview and/or physician for the supplemental form to be completed.

Rete
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:43 pm
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

How does Andy like living in Okla?

Congrats to you two!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:03 am
Isabelle's Mommy

Andrew likes Oklahoma in general but the extreme weather took some getting used to. He experienced his 1st tornado siren warning during his birthday last year. He misses going to watch his soccer team play and hates the fact that the nearest bar that shows the England national team games is in Dallas !!! at $20 a head.
He likes the pace of life, being busy but not big city busy but thinks the standard of driving is terrible!!

Robin
Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:22 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by AndysGirl
Andrew likes Oklahoma in general but the extreme weather took some getting used to. He experienced his 1st tornado siren warning during his birthday last year. He misses going to watch his soccer team play and hates the fact that the nearest bar that shows the England national team games is in Dallas !!! at $20 a head.
He likes the pace of life, being busy but not big city busy but thinks the standard of driving is terrible!!

Robin
Angelika is already an OU fan, and looks forward to watching some US football here..
Take Andy to Norman this fall, he may like what he sees..

Angelika likes the way we drive here, compared to the German Autobahn.. she says you guys drive nice and slow.. she likes the slower pace here!

Last edited by SidAngelika; Feb 20th 2004 at 3:24 am.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:18 pm
Isabelle's Mommy

I'm an OSU alumni, so we would only go to Norman if it was a bedlam game!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 5:17 pm
won't be long now!

Originally posted by AndysGirl
I'm an OSU alumni, so we would only go to Norman if it was a bedlam game!
Well I wont get into any discussions about which school is best! The big thing about Oklahoma is football for sure.. If you move to Oklahoma, and dont know anything about US football, hang around cause you will! lol..
best of luck to you two!