Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Okay, so NOW what are they doing?

Okay, so NOW what are they doing?

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough
Default Okay, so NOW what are they doing?

I sent an e-mail inquiry to the consulate in Moscow and here is what I got back:

We have received your wife and daughter's I-129f petition and their case number is MOS2003XXXXXX. However, due to recent changes in processing requirements, we are required to perform additional administrative processing on this case before the interview. In the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks against New York, Washington, DC and Pennsylvania, visa applications are subject to greater scrutiny. Please be assured that the case is being attended to and that we hope to resolve it in the near future. Your wife will be notified as soon as we have received clearances and are able to schedule an appointment.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Unit
Consular Section
U.S Embassy, Moscow

So my question now is, what are they doing now and how long is it likely to take for them to set an appointment for an interview. What "additional administrative processing" are they doing in Moscow these days?

We are rapidly approaching a time when it will not be possible for Elena and Ann to be here by Christmas. They are currently setting appointments for the second week in December.

Richard III
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Okay, so NOW what are they doing?

Originally posted by Richard III
I sent an e-mail inquiry to the consulate in Moscow and here is what I got back:

We have received your wife and daughter's I-129f petition and their case number is MOS2003XXXXXX. However, due to recent changes in processing requirements, we are required to perform additional administrative processing on this case before the interview. In the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks against New York, Washington, DC and Pennsylvania, visa applications are subject to greater scrutiny. Please be assured that the case is being attended to and that we hope to resolve it in the near future. Your wife will be notified as soon as we have received clearances and are able to schedule an appointment.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Unit
Consular Section
U.S Embassy, Moscow

So my question now is, what are they doing now and how long is it likely to take for them to set an appointment for an interview. What "additional administrative processing" are they doing in Moscow these days?

We are rapidly approaching a time when it will not be possible for Elena and Ann to be here by Christmas. They are currently setting appointments for the second week in December.

Richard III
Hi Richard

I'm sorry to hear the disappointing news and further delays. I hope they complete whatever processing needs to be done and get them over here asap!

Rene
Old Oct 24th 2003, 1:23 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Richard III

Sincerely,

Customer Service Unit
Consular Section
U.S Embassy, Moscow

Richard III

Poor Richard. I feel awful for you, after all that you've waited through already. Hopefully it won't be as dreadful as it sounds and you'll your dearies here soon. Are there any members here who have gone through the same consulate? I do remember something recently about Putin blasting Bush about US immigration policy. Maybe this isn't something new.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Rene -

I know, it's like, WHAT'S THE DEAL, MAAAAAAAAN????? Thanks for the note. I know that things are tough for you, too. I am just tired of hearing about; "well, ya know, since that 9/11 thing.....EVERYTHING IS HOSED UP, ya know!!!"

That excuse for everything really is starting to wear a little thin. How long are we going to accept that as an excuse for not putting modern methods into practice and poor management? It's a mess.

All the best of everthing to you and yours, Rene -

Richard III

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Richard

I'm sorry to hear the disappointing news and further delays. I hope they complete whatever processing needs to be done and get them over here asap!

Rene
Old Oct 24th 2003, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Heba -

Anytime Mr. Bush is involved, it's political. Anyway, I am just a little bummed over the length of time it takes for even routine petitions. I know that the consulate in Moscow is busy, they claim to be processing 1400-1800 visa applications a week, but I don't know if that is for all consulates or just Moscow. Elena thinks that 1400-1800 would HAVE to be all consulates. She is in a better position to know than I am.

I hope things are going well for you and you are together again soon. All the best of everything to you.

Richard III

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Poor Richard. I feel awful for you, after all that you've waited through already. Hopefully it won't be as dreadful as it sounds and you'll your dearies here soon. Are there any members here who have gone through the same consulate? I do remember something recently about Putin blasting Bush about US immigration policy. Maybe this isn't something new.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 2:36 am
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

hi Richard, I am really sorry about delays in the case of you and your wife. I just wanted to tell you my wishes to have the fastest process, because waiting is hard.... but then wow... you will enjoy each other

Olenka
Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Olenka -

Thanks for writing, it's nice to hear from you. Everything is going to be fine, but my patience is growing and growing, I'm not even sure it is healthy to be this darn patient. I hope things are going well for you. Haven't we had the most beautiful autumn here in Colorado? I think this is the most pleasant fall in my lifetime here. I'm glad you got here in time to enjoy the beautiful weather. Stay in touch, we'll have a small celebration when Elena and Ann move here. All the best to you and yours,

Richard III

Originally posted by OlenkaKyiv
hi Richard, I am really sorry about delays in the case of you and your wife. I just wanted to tell you my wishes to have the fastest process, because waiting is hard.... but then wow... you will enjoy each other

Olenka