Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

OK Booger, here's what it feels like . . .

Wikiposts

OK Booger, here's what it feels like . . .

Old May 3rd 2003, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

I was planning on taking :-

a copy of my mortgage agreement
a bank statement from April showing I am still paying it
Telephone Bill
Return Plane Ticket and receipt for parking showing the car is at heathrow (who WOULD leave it there with that it costs!!)

And my line of argument if I got stopped was going to be why would I stay legally when we have completed the K-1 paperwork and paid the fee and risk the legal status there?
I was also going to mention if they asked that I was visiting my fiancee to help make the wedding arrangements.. is this a good move? and is that evidence sufficient?
Old May 3rd 2003, 1:46 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by leebarton
I was planning on taking :-

a copy of my mortgage agreement
a bank statement from April showing I am still paying it
Telephone Bill
Return Plane Ticket and receipt for parking showing the car is at heathrow (who WOULD leave it there with that it costs!!)

And my line of argument if I got stopped was going to be why would I stay legally when we have completed the K-1 paperwork and paid the fee and risk the legal status there?
I was also going to mention if they asked that I was visiting my fiancee to help make the wedding arrangements.. is this a good move? and is that evidence sufficient?
Well I am no expert, but it sounds like you have all your bases covered! And I am completely jealous, work commitments mean I can't go and visit Kurt until I go for good! How wonderful that sounds

Debbie
Old May 3rd 2003, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

bobzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leebarton
I am still in the very early stages but missing my fiancee sooooooo bad it hurts... I hope it gets easier as things start to get closer... please tell me it does!
In our situation, I don't think the missing each other part got any different for either of us - no better, no worser. But this is probably because we are both busy with our jobs and each scarred from failed marriages, and so we can have the attitude that life just goes on while we wait.

But I WAS getting depressed. First TSC wasn't processing ANYTHING whatsoever for months, then it looked like they had suddenly processed months of petitions during a few days in March, then it looked like the ONLY petitions that they had actually processed were of people who had publicly posted identifying information on these forums or petition numbers given by "ring leaders" on the phone, then it looked like their official timeline was actually starting to move ahead, then it looked like thier official timeline had stopped, then people were reporting January NOAs when TSC was officially reporting that they were just startig to approach November NOAs . . .

I am happy to be approved, but I STILL want to investigate to find out what fu&^ing jack@ss has been managing that place since TSC went down the tubes last Fall. Lawmakers might set priorities that are out of the control of the individual service centers, but lawmakers don't tell the service centers to process petitions so grossly out of order as a way to keep people from protesting.

Anyhow -- we were certain that we woud get an RFE because the divorce translations that I sent were done by Zhengyu herself and were not signed. She went through a lot of work and spent a lot of money to get translations that were official by Chinese standards: bound and with an endless supply of local government stamps all over them, all ready for that expected RFE. I'm not complaining that we never needed them on this first round of scrutiny!

When I started to worry about this at the beginning of December, the local "expert" on another forum said that our petition had a good chance of being outright rejected. I just about had kittens. I posted the question here, and Rete said to not worry and just wait and see. I'm so thankful for that calming reply to my first question on this forum!
Old May 3rd 2003, 6:13 pm
Booger

"leebarton" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I figured it would get harder every day.. it does after each of my
    > visits to her too. It is 4 weeks since I last saw her, and it feels
    > like 4 years already =( ... but I have a trip out in 3 weeks to see her
    > again.. and that will be the last one I can do until I am approved and
    > there to stay.. I just hope we dont get RFE'd or hit any issues
    > We talk 5 or 6 times a day on the phone, but it still doesnt help with
    > the missing each other.

Lee you are so lucky that you can visit! Janette is in Davao, southern
Philippines and I get no more vacation time until October so we are stuck
apart for the entire process. We talk about twice per week though. Every day
would be just too expensive.

Booger

Old May 3rd 2003, 6:13 pm
Booger

"dbark" wrote in message

> Lee,
    > I think your wait will be over a lot sooner, seeing as you are going
    > through Vermont. Let's hope so! The other thing I was going to mention

On Dave Hollis' list today there is a Vermont petition approved in 15 days.
SICKENING! Hoe can this be the SAME agency that makes some of us wait 180?

Old May 8th 2003, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Booger
"dbark" wrote in message

> Lee,
    > I think your wait will be over a lot sooner, seeing as you are going
    > through Vermont. Let's hope so! The other thing I was going to mention

On Dave Hollis' list today there is a Vermont petition approved in 15 days.
SICKENING! Hoe can this be the SAME agency that makes some of us wait 180?
Even more frustrating is to see that some people can go from start to finish - send the petition and have the visa in hand, *the whole shebang* - all in a fraction of the 175 days that we waited just for TSC.

And now seeing that couples with a fiance in certain countries are getting blackholed in a new pothole at NVC means that the wait for some of us is still never-ending. And then there is the total chaos at some consulates, such Guangzhou in our case . . .
Old May 8th 2003, 8:10 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Booger....

As far as what it feels like... today I felt like I woke up to a whole new world. It is really strange to see so many people that I have gotten to know so well, like Rohit, Mvstolar, Special 40k, Nevanna, and others get approved this and last week. It seems like the past 142 days have been spend wondering and worring about time, RFE's and problems. Did I send enough paperwork, will an IBIS hit slow me down, are there problems with my petition? I am sure that we all thought about it for at least a little while during or stay at NSC Federal Penitentary. Although there are still a few more hurdles to overcome with NVC and the embassy, it just feels great to have that NOA2.

For those still waiting, just have faith. Of all the things on this forum that I found inspiring was from Mikkitango... The simple statement that, "It has to be". It has to happen sooner or later. One thing that got me by was knowing that this phase of my life is only going to last months and not years. I choose to turn my frustrations with the system into day dreams of what the future will be like, (As well as a lot of beer).

Here are a few things that I learned along the way:

Calling NSC is pointless. The operators are contract workers and contradict each other. Some are very nice and some are really mean. Some will make you feel important and some will make you feel like you a a lepar. Only real important thing that you will ever hear from them is that your case has gone to an inspector.

Do not worry about IBIS hits. I am sure that I got one and I have been a bad boy. It only held me up maybe two or three days as compared to others that had NOA1's on same date as mine.

Don't Bitch - Here or to the BCIS it will only make things worse. Not much you can do other than what Soliel and TSC people did and organize a protest. Use the power of a vote and share your opinion with people that can make a differnce.

Hold hands and look both ways before you cross the street, and relax, it will happen, "it has to"...

Scott
Old May 8th 2003, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
It is really strange to see so many people that I have gotten to know so well, like Rohit, Mvstolar, Special 40k, Nevanna, and others get approved this and last week.
I haven't counted, but it sure feels like there have been an unusually high number of approvals posted here in the past ten days or so. It might only be that I am noticing them because ours got approved -- kinda like when you buy a green 1970 Fiat 850 Spider, you notice that everyone else on the road is driving one exactly like it. Is it just my imagination?