Old Feb 6th 2003, 8:32 pm
Walt Davenport

Default A.O.S./ Problem with I-693 Vaccination Supplement

Our A.O.S. went without a hitch but wasn't approved because we did not
produce the I-693 Vaccination Supplement. The problem is that my spouse had
all of the required vaccinations provided during the fiancee medical exam in
Kiev and I believe the Supplement is included in the "Sealed Brown
Envelope". Now we have no records whatsoever, and the civil surgeon says she
will have to have all of the shots over again.....WHAT! She is pregnant!

Any one know how to get ahold of the supplement in the Sealed Brown Envelope
that they took from us at the port of entry?

Any suggestions as to how to get the civil surgeon to surrender?

Best regards to all.
W.D.

Old Feb 6th 2003, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point

When you guys visit the civil surgeon he/she will give her a waiver because she is pregnant. There are waivers on the form so you don´t have to worry about that. The I-693 is not on the sealed brown envelope, it is a new form that you need to get from an authorize civil surgeon based on your wife´s records. If you do not have records you can have blood test to prove she has antibodies or talk to a doctor.

I will paste my experience in case it is useful. There is also a link about how this supplemet looks like if you want to see it. Everything I say here is just my experience but I hope I help:

So I filled AOS from K-1 one week ago. I figured out I needed the supplement reading the instructions of the AOS sent to me by INS by mail. One paper said:

“A medical examination is necessary as part of your AOS application. For some INS locations the I-693 is not required to be submitted until your interview for adjustment of status has been set. If you received the form I-693 with this packet you need to schedule a medical appointment as soon as possible. You will have to choose from a list of doctors or clinics in your area that have been approved by the INS service for this examination. These doctors are also referred to as civil surgeons. You must pay for this examination. When you are ready to select a doctor you can obtain names and addresses of an approved doctor or clinic in you area calling 1-800-375-52-83�

We though that I DID NOT need the medical because I came on a k-1 so we went to the I-485 form and there it is said that:
“Fiance(e): if you are a k-1 or k-2 dependent who had a medical exam within the past year as required for the non immigrant fiance(e) visa you ONLY need to submit a vaccination supplement not the entire medical report. You have to include the vaccination supplement with your AOS application�

So we called 1-800 and got three doctors in the area. Only one knew about the supplement: I-693S form. He told me that for my age (27) I only need written proof of had MMR vaccine, TD vaccine and Varicella vaccine or the disease. I did after a while and he signed for 50$…. he also gave me a copy that I plan to scan asap.
It is the exact one the civil surgeon filled for me and for everyone else it has to be filled by a civil surgeon too. This is the link:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/cs_va_1.pdf

Then all the info the INS gives to civil surgeons about appropiate ages and vaccines is here:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil.htm

on Part 2.pdf

best,

groovy