NYC roll call

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about
Default NYC roll call

Just wanted to see what is up with NYC---we filed in August 2003 and no interview date set yet. Did get a notice with appointment date to update fingerprints for next month.

Who else is out there from 2003?
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYC roll call

We also filed in

* August 2003
* Have gone thru 2 AP's & EAD's going to apply for the 3rd now
* June 8 2005 got notice to come in and update the expired fingerprints

Originally Posted by grouchy
Just wanted to see what is up with NYC---we filed in August 2003 and no interview date set yet. Did get a notice with appointment date to update fingerprints for next month.

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 4:13 pm
JSC
Forum Regular

JSC is a jewel in the roughJSC is a jewel in the roughJSC is a jewel in the roughJSC is a jewel in the rough

We filed in NYC in October 2003. We had the interview in Garden City in April 2005, and received the green card later that month. Good luck.

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

See my time line below. I filed in June 2003. AOS interview was on St Patricks Day this year but still no approval yet due to "administrative error".

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

almoya is on a distinguished road

Hi -- I filed Sep 2003, have gone through 2 EAD's, 2 AP's, 2 fingerprint sessions. Received appointment letter earlier this month for a September interview (will be 2 years and 5 days to the original receipt date)

Alberto
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 12:00 am
consumer62000

How does your pic look on the card? Color/B/w

JSC wrote:
    > > Just wanted to see what is up with NYC---we filed in August 2003 and
    > > no interview date set yet. Did get a notice with appointment date to
    > > update fingerprints for next month.
    > >
    > >
    > > Who else is out there from 2003?
    > We filed in NYC in October 2003. We had the interview in Garden City in
    > April 2005, and received the green card later that month. Good luck.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Filed in December 2003, on 2nd EAD/AP. No appointment letter yet.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:05 pm
Dr Epstein

"grouchy" <member10718@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Just wanted to see what is up with NYC---we filed in August 2003 and no
    > interview date set yet. Did get a notice with appointment date to
    > update fingerprints for next month.
    > Who else is out there from 2003?

We filed in November of 2002 and are still waiting for an interview.
There are many people in this sitaution.

Old Jun 25th 2005, 1:45 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Filed in October 2002

Interview set for August 8th.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

sharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to all

Filed in January of 2003. Still waiting for any signs of an interview...

Glad to hear we are not alone
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about

Well, since our 2nd anniversary is coming up in a month, I was thinking about contacting a congressperson/senator's office to inquire once our 2nd anniversary is here (so that we would get the 10 yr card). Got the AOS biometrics renewal appointment notice, but don't know if that means anything. Anyone have any idea whether congressperson might help move things along?

Originally Posted by sharmilashah
Filed in January of 2003. Still waiting for any signs of an interview...

Glad to hear we are not alone
Old Jul 5th 2005, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have any idea whether congressperson might help move things along?
I'm simply amazed at the number of people who go to great lengths to squirm their way out of spending $200. The responsibility is to file the I-751 within 90 days of the second anniversary of becoming a PR. Unless there are specific grounds for refusal, it will be successfully adjudicated. A CPR and LPR have the exact same status, and even if the card itself expires the status doesn't. Further, being a CPR does not affect the ability to file for naturalization 90 days prior to the 3rd anniversary of becoming a PR.

Ian
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

I don't understand your post. I want to get a green card interview for my husband, and could care less about spending $200 or not. I am 7 months pregnant and would really like to have the interview done. I merely mentioned the 2 years because several people on this forum mentioned getting interview letters for dates a couple dates or weeks before their 2nd anniversary which frustrated them.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm simply amazed at the number of people who go to great lengths to squirm their way out of spending $200. The responsibility is to file the I-751 within 90 days of the second anniversary of becoming a PR. Unless there are specific grounds for refusal, it will be successfully adjudicated. A CPR and LPR have the exact same status, and even if the card itself expires the status doesn't. Further, being a CPR does not affect the ability to file for naturalization 90 days prior to the 3rd anniversary of becoming a PR.

Ian
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

sharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to all

Huh? I don't get what Ian is saying...
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Phurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the rough

Well, since our 2nd anniversary is coming up in a month, I was thinking about contacting a congressperson/senator's office to inquire once our 2nd anniversary is here (so that we would get the 10 yr card).
Got the Greencard after 2nd anniversary [2 year + 1 month]. It is 2 year conditional card.
Made an Appointment to Federal Plaza. Waste of time. In NYC K1 applicants don't get 10 year card. Local rule interpreted that way.
Applied for I-90 [to replace to 10 year card] to national service center bypassing Local Office. Will see if it helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.