Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NYC Naturalization Interview Coming Up

NYC Naturalization Interview Coming Up

Old Nov 16th 2003, 4:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default NYC Naturalization Interview Coming Up

Well 18 days from today, Jim will have his appointment for the naturalization interview and test. We are prepared for all events. The last document was received yesterday. We had sent for the DMV report on Jim's driving record. As he had noted on the N-400 that he had received a moving violation we wanted to have more than just the record on the small slip of paper that the court gave him at the time of conviction. The DMV record shows:

1. Date of Violation
2. Date of Conviction
3. Conviction (55 in 40 mph zone)
4. Penalty - $50 fine and 3 points on license

For good morale character he is taking photocopies of the medals he received after September 11 and a personal letter from Governor Pataki for his active service in New York State during the aftermat of 9/11 and a letter from his Commander for his unit (G-1).

For proof of the validity of our continued marriage, we are taking bank account information/statements, employment letters submitted for removal of conditions (which has not been adjudicated), cards, letters, envelopes, photos, lease agreement, auto insurance, tax transcripts for 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, etc.

We are prepared for both the adjudication of the I-751 and the naturalization as I noted above the conditions have not been removed as yet.

He has studied for the test and scored 97% on the questions and answers suggested by the USCIS site and now knows the answers to the three questions he got wrong.

If anyone who has been through this can give us any other hints, please feel free to post your recommendations.

Rete
Old Nov 16th 2003, 5:00 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYC Naturalization Interview Coming Up

Originally posted by Rete
For good morale character he is taking photocopies of the medals he received after September 11 and a personal letter from Governor Pataki for his active service in New York State during the aftermat of 9/11 and a letter from his Commander for his unit (G-1).
I can't help at all with anything! But he gets a big sloppy kiss from me for his work!
Old Nov 16th 2003, 5:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
I can't help at all with anything! But he gets a big sloppy kiss from me for his work!
hehehehe I will gladly act as your proxy.

Rete
Old Nov 16th 2003, 5:31 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Well 18 days from today, Jim will have his appointment for the naturalization interview and test. We are prepared for all events. The last document was received yesterday. We had sent for the DMV report on Jim's driving record. As he had noted on the N-400 that he had received a moving violation we wanted to have more than just the record on the small slip of paper that the court gave him at the time of conviction. The DMV record shows:

1. Date of Violation
2. Date of Conviction

For proof of the validity of our continued marriage, we are taking bank account information/statements, employment letters submitted for removal of conditions (which has not been adjudicated), cards, letters, envelopes, photos, lease agreement, auto insurance, tax transcripts for 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, etc.

We are prepared for both the adjudication of the I-751 and the naturalization as I noted above the conditions have not been removed as yet.

He has studied for the test and scored 97% on the questions and answers suggested by the USCIS site and now knows the answers to the three questions he got wrong.

If anyone who has been through this can give us any other hints, please feel free to post your recommendations.

Rete

Hey there Rete!
How are you doing today? Good? I hope so
I can't help you at all, but like Sibsie say.. tell him thanks for his work!, He is a hero.
Wish him luck from me , and let us know how it goes!!
Take care!
Old Nov 17th 2003, 12:18 am
Lkish

Rete

The only thing Chris and I could add is break a leg and good luck. We'll let
you know if the I-751 we have pending through VSC comes through before your
date - so you can judge receipt times (we are about a monh ahead of you). Still
no sign of N-400 interview at Newark for Chris.

Linda and Chris
Fellow Can-Am Class of 1998

Old Nov 17th 2003, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Rita - I'm confident things will go well for Jim on The Big Day.

Be sure to keep us posted!
Old Nov 17th 2003, 3:25 am
Concierge

Thanks Linda, Angel and Tweeky.

Linda, don't know how or why Jim's interview date was so fast. Almost wish that they had slowed down a little and let the rest of the process continue and finalize before giving him the appointment. I'm going to the NYC Office with him that day with the hope that, as Mr. Folinskyinla as mentioned before, we might get an examiner that can do both the I-751 and naturalization together. But I know from experience that if the original file is not there, nothing can or will be done and the interview will be naught.

So on a wing and prayer we will tough it out and of course, let you all know the outcome.

Rete

Originally posted by Lkish
Rete

The only thing Chris and I could add is break a leg and good luck. We'll let
you know if the I-751 we have pending through VSC comes through before your
date - so you can judge receipt times (we are about a monh ahead of you). Still
no sign of N-400 interview at Newark for Chris.

Linda and Chris
Fellow Can-Am Class of 1998
Old Nov 17th 2003, 5:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well 18 days from today, Jim will have his appointment for the naturalization interview and test.
WooHoo! Go, Citizen Jim!
Old Nov 17th 2003, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

I want to wish him good luck and thank you for continuing to post your experiences for the benefit of those who are coming after you.
Old Nov 17th 2003, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for Monday, we'll be rooting for you both!
Old Nov 17th 2003, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Quyrah_RV is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Rete

Sorry to hear that hubby hasn't received his I-751 conditions removed yet. How strange can things get. I'm glad his interview is so close. I just got letter for acceptance of removal of conditions last week and next Monday am headed to Memphis to get the stamp then the card to follow. Although I'll be going the N-400 route in Jan. I'm following what you bring so that I can be sure that if anything is missed (pray not) then I'll be sure to bring what you missed. I'm routing for your hubby. I'm happy for you guys to get this all done. It's amazing the knowledge we accumulate with all of this process.
Let us know how the interview goes and what to expect.
Hugs

Quyrah (formerly Mtl, now TN)
RV (formerly TX, now TN)

QUOTE]Originally posted by Rete

1. Date of Violation
2. Date of Conviction

Rete [/QUOTE]
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:43 am
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Rete,
Wishing you & Jim the best of luck at the interview. What a great man you married! You must be so proud of him

Prayers & hugs,
Clare
Old Nov 18th 2003, 11:07 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Peter Newton
All the best for Monday, we'll be rooting for you both!

Wishing you the same amount of luck as the amount of help you have given here to the NG!! That should be enough for two or three entire processes, !!!!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Date of Violation
2. Date of Conviction

Rete
eeeeeek I forgot in all the excitement of finally hearing from Cleveland I have to start collecting stuff ......agaaaaaaaaaiiinnnnnnn. (They requested we bring in certified copies of my divorce decree, birth certificate and marriage license.......what do they do with the other's we send in I wonder?)

All the best to Jim, so happy that in just a few weeks you'll both be in the home stretch just a wait on the oath ceremony left after the interview!

Lisa
Old Nov 18th 2003, 4:18 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

That's so great Rete! I cna't wait to tell you guys "congrats" once it's over with. You will have to tell us all about it. Hopefully it will help us in the so very distant future...that is if they haven't completely changed things by then. *L* Best of luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.