Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NVC filing updates for US Embassy in London?

NVC filing updates for US Embassy in London?

Old Jul 9th 2020, 9:16 pm
T3G
Just Joined

T3G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NVC filing updates for US Embassy in London?

Hi all,
I'm a long time lurker on this site so firstly I must thank you all, as I have found it invaluable in guiding us through the spousal visa route.

Husband is a USC and I am UKC, awaiting visa so I can move to US to be with him. We submitted our I-130 through NVC in July last year, had approval, received case number etc and in January 2020 paid fees and submitted police clearance and birth certificate docs etc. On March 31st 2020 (after lockdown commenced in both the USA and UK) we received notification that all docs and fees had been received and accepted and NVC would work with the US Embassy in London to schedule my interview. Obviously the COVID situation and lockdown disrupted normal processing but I have seen on other threads that they have resumed interviews at the US Embassy in London. We've not heard anything since March 31st so essentially this is a fishing expedition to see whether anyone else who filed with NVC and was pending interview had heard anything, or those who had interviews cancelled have had them rescheduled yet so that I can try to see what our goal posts might look like!

Grateful for any responses!

TT
Old Jul 9th 2020, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVC filing updates for US Embassy in London?

Originally Posted by T3G
Hi all,
I'm a long time lurker on this site so firstly I must thank you all, as I have found it invaluable in guiding us through the spousal visa route.

Husband is a USC and I am UKC, awaiting visa so I can move to US to be with him. We submitted our I-130 through NVC in July last year, had approval, received case number etc and in January 2020 paid fees and submitted police clearance and birth certificate docs etc. On March 31st 2020 (after lockdown commenced in both the USA and UK) we received notification that all docs and fees had been received and accepted and NVC would work with the US Embassy in London to schedule my interview. Obviously the COVID situation and lockdown disrupted normal processing but I have seen on other threads that they have resumed interviews at the US Embassy in London. We've not heard anything since March 31st so essentially this is a fishing expedition to see whether anyone else who filed with NVC and was pending interview had heard anything, or those who had interviews cancelled have had them rescheduled yet so that I can try to see what our goal posts might look like!

Grateful for any responses!

TT
Hello and welcome. It looks like all NVC-filers who have been DQed since March are currently at an impasse and have not heard anything further regarding interviews at the US Embassy in London. If you take a look at the following thread on the VisaJourney forums, it looks like there are quite a few people in the same boat as you: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/t...e/10/#comments
Old Jul 9th 2020, 10:30 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I would not be expecting anything yet. The backlog is no doubt considerable.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 11:12 pm
T3G
Just Joined

Thank you - I hadn't seen that forum, appreciate the direct!
Old Jul 9th 2020, 11:18 pm
T3G
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
I would not be expecting anything yet. The backlog is no doubt considerable.
No doubt. Just wanted to see if there was any way to gauge what we might be looking at - how long is a piece of string, I know! The link os306 posted has been helpful to at least get a feel of where things are (or aren't haha).
Old Aug 6th 2020, 1:15 pm
T3G
Just Joined

In case anyone here isn't on the VJ forum, the DQ's from March and April appear to have gone out. Got my interview for September 3rd happy days!