Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NSC - how long for approval after adjuncation?

NSC - how long for approval after adjuncation?

Old Apr 15th 2003, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

soleil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSC - how long for approval after adjudication?

Hey Everybody,

Can you please share your experience with me on how long it took to get an approval out of NSC after you found it had been adjunced?

My brother's case (goya0002) was adjunced last Monday. It's been 9 days now..

Any idea how long it should take?

Thanks,
Sunny

Last edited by soleil; Apr 15th 2003 at 5:22 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:10 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NSC - how long for approval after adjuncation?

Sunny,

"adjunced" Definition, please. This word isn't in any English dictionary I've checked.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by soleil
Hey Everybody,

Can you please share your experience with me on how long it took to get an approval out of NSC after you found it had been adjunced?

My brother's case (goya0002) was adjunced last Monday. It's been 9 days now..

Any idea how long it should take?

Thanks,
Sunny
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Sunny,

"adjunced" Definition, please. This word isn't in any English dictionary I've checked.

Regards, JEff
aghh.. I meant to say "adjudicated" - not adjuncted..
ugh

anyway, adjudicated means "to hear or settle a case by judicial procedure".

In NSC's meaning it means your case is on an agent's desk. Sometime after that it actually comes right in front of them and they process it.

- Sunny
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:35 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunny,

One would have to assume that there is some complex mathmatical formula to answer this question. In such a formula, one would need to know the following info:

How many cases the particular inspector took on....

The rate of which he/she processes them, (An average would do)

The total hours per day in which he/she works, deducting the coffee breaks, moments of self reflection, etc.

Such statistics seem few and far between, but have faith as it is our turn

e=mc2

Scott
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:53 pm
Ron

Doh, adjudicated.

"jeffreyhy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Sunny,
    > "adjunced" Definition, please. This word isn't in any English
    > dictionary I've checked.
    > Regards, JEff
    > Originally posted by soleil
    > > Hey Everybody,
    > >
    > > Can you please share your experience with me on how long it took to
    > > get an approval out of NSC after you found it had been adjunced?
    > >
    > > My brother's case (goya0002) was adjunced last Monday. It's been 9
    > > days now..
    > >
    > > Any idea how long it should take?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > Sunny
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:05 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Sunny,

Exactly. So - if the case has been (as opposed to 'is being') adjudicated it has been decided. One should receive the notice telling them what that decision is (aka NOA #2) in 1-2 weeks of the date the decision was made, allowing time for the mail room to do their thing and the USPS to do theirs.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by soleil
aghh.. I meant to say "adjudicated" - not adjuncted..
ugh

anyway, adjudicated means "to hear or settle a case by judicial procedure".

In NSC's meaning it means your case is on an agent's desk. Sometime after that it actually comes right in front of them and they process it.

- Sunny
Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

brian09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSC adjudication

And don't forget annual leave time.

If you look at the number of days it currently takes to get a noa2 at nsc, you will see they are all over the map, plus or minus thirty days or so.

Either they are taking them completely out of order or they are sitting on an adjudicator's desk in a pile while he/she is in training, annual leave, sick days, etc.

The approvals don't even match nsc's bi-monthy report of processing time. Thats why its so hard to get a handle on how long it will take for approval once they get to an adjudication officer or what the total number of days from noa1 to noa2 will be.

Last edited by brian09; Apr 15th 2003 at 6:24 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:17 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

brian09,

Good points....

Scott
Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input everybody. I guess the bottom line is - can't say for sure. probably 1-2 weeks.. if the agent doesn't go on vacation or something.

Thanks and good luck!
Sunny
Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say I'm getting very depressed at this point. Its been over a week now since I found out that my application was at an officer's desk.

I wish that it would come through fast. I don't know how much longer I can handle this.

The wait is just killing me now. I guess this is how JeffB felt when he had been told it was with an officer and that it would be done any day now. But in his case, it was done in something like 6 business days.

One whole week and still waiting .... :-(
Old Apr 15th 2003, 7:24 pm
STB
Just Joined

STB is an unknown quantity at this point

You are not alone Goya! Remember our case? We were told our petition was being assigned and we waited for 3.5 weeks!!! to learn that thery made a mistake. They gave us the wrong date. We know the waiting is hard but it too shall pass. We are waiting to "congratulate" you =)

Smile!
Old Apr 15th 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by STB
You are not alone Goya! Remember our case? We were told our petition was being assigned and we waited for 3.5 weeks!!! to learn that thery made a mistake. They gave us the wrong date. We know the waiting is hard but it too shall pass. We are waiting to "congratulate" you =)

Smile!
Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. I know that most of the people on this board have suffered equally or much worse. That is why its a comfort to share on this board and have all you good people respond.

Its just that sometimes I run out of things to tell myself - to keep myself from going insane. And I'm in one of those moods again...where I've run out of excuses on behalf of NSC to make to myself.

I so wish that I had lived in the VSC area...

Rohit
Old Apr 16th 2003, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Rohit my compadre, you know that's right, I know how you are feeling, how we all are feeling or have felt. The waiting sucks, but it feels better now that I am continuing to see movement. I am still watching all my fellow NSC Waiting Alumni and praying we are all united permanently with our Loved ones very soon.
Hang in, ALL OF US!
Old Apr 16th 2003, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by JeffB
Hey Rohit my compadre, you know that's right, I know how you are feeling, how we all are feeling or have felt. The waiting sucks, but it feels better now that I am continuing to see movement. I am still watching all my fellow NSC Waiting Alumni and praying we are all united permanently with our Loved ones very soon.
Hang in, ALL OF US!
You said it Jeff. All of us deserve to be with our loved ones very soon and forever. But as long as I'm not done with this first step...its the first thing on my mind in the morning and the last before I fall asleep.

God help us all.
Rohit