Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Originally Posted by ILM
... does it have to be sent recorded/signed for etc? as it will contain alot of original documents and which postal service do you recommend?
Never send originals! Photocopies of everything will be fine, including the divorce decree. The only originals are the I-751 forms.

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:26 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
Thanks again.
I just now have to type a letter explaining why I couldnt resolve the marriage then I will be all set.
Should be about thursday or friday I will send it all off.

Just a quick question , how do I send it?, does it have to be sent recorded/signed for etc? as it will contain alot of original documents and which postal service do you recommend?

Ian
CYA signed for and return receipt always with everything to USCIS.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
Just a quick question , how do I send it?, does it have to be sent recorded/signed for etc? as it will contain alot of original documents and which postal service do you recommend?

Ian

Just a few tidbits:

1. Send it any type of traceable mail, i.e. certified-return receipt requested, overnight; etc.;

2. Send only copies of all documents and be sure that all registration marks are clearly shown; and

3. Make up to sets of everything; originals for yourself in the same exact order as the copy set for USCIS.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:55 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Never send originals! Photocopies of everything will be fine, including the divorce decree. The only originals are the I-751 forms.

Ian

It does ask for originals or court certified copies especially for the court deals re my arrest and dismissal, are you saying that copies will be ok there too?

ILM
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
It does ask for originals or court certified copies especially for the court deals re my arrest and dismissal, are you saying that copies will be ok there too?

ILM

Yes, copies are what should be sent. There is an addendum that states that all evidence should be copies, not originals. They just haven't changed the requirement on the forms.

You will bring the original to the interview.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:40 am
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice

Ian
I have now rearranged everything and have all copies except for the certified copies of the dispositions, were only $5 each anyways..

I printed off a PDF copy of the I-751 Form which makes 2 separate pages completed on the computer, Is this ok??

I also read the criminal history part again and it reads:- An original or court certified copy of the complete arrest record and/or disposition of each incident.

so I have only enclosed certified copies of the 2 dispositions, instead of the full paperwork.

check out the new list i have filed.

1....I-751 form completed
2....Cheque for $545.00
3....Copy of residency card
4....2 passport photos
5....Addresses in NY

Evidence of relationship

1....Letter to immigration
2....Joint Bank statement HSBC
3....Joint Registration for 06 Aveo car
4....Niagara Falls photos,Dated from attractions.
5....Postmarked envelopes to both of us.
6....Christmas card from parents to us both
7....Birthday card from Laura to me
8....Laura's dedication to me from her journal
9....Insurance ID card
10...Insurance summary
11...Aveo retail certificate of sale to us both
12...Affidavits of support X3 2 notarized

1....Complaint filed for Divorce
2....Referee's Report
3....Judgment of Divorce Granted

Criminal History

1...1st page
2....Certificate of disposition case #08030036
3....Certificate of disposition case #08030019
4....police incident reports
5....Order of dismissal (restraining order)
6....Order (stay away order)

ILM
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:36 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ILM
I have now rearranged everything and have all copies except for the certified copies of the dispositions, were only $5 each anyways..

I printed off a PDF copy of the I-751 Form which makes 2 separate pages completed on the computer, Is this ok??

I also read the criminal history part again and it reads:- An original or court certified copy of the complete arrest record and/or disposition of each incident.

so I have only enclosed certified copies of the 2 dispositions, instead of the full paperwork.

check out the new list i have filed.

1....I-751 form completed
2....Cheque for $545.00
3....Copy of residency card
4....2 passport photos
5....Addresses in NY

Evidence of relationship

1....Letter to immigration
2....Joint Bank statement HSBC
3....Joint Registration for 06 Aveo car
4....Niagara Falls photos,Dated from attractions.
5....Postmarked envelopes to both of us.
6....Christmas card from parents to us both
7....Birthday card from Laura to me
8....Laura's dedication to me from her journal
9....Insurance ID card
10...Insurance summary
11...Aveo retail certificate of sale to us both
12...Affidavits of support X3 2 notarized
13...TAX RETURNS
1....Complaint filed for Divorce
2....Referee's Report
3....Judgment of Divorce Granted

Criminal History

1...1st page
2....Certificate of disposition case #08030036
3....Certificate of disposition case #08030019
4....police incident reports
5....Order of dismissal (restraining order)
6....Order (stay away order)

ILM

I didn't forget the returns just forgot to put them on this list, anyways guys its all sealed and posted today, wish me luck and thankyou all very much for your help.

ILM xx
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
... wish me luck and thankyou all very much for your help.
Best of luck to you! Now... down to the pub for a pint!

Ian
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:08 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

Best of luck to you! Now... down to the pub for a pint!

Ian
Thanks Ian

Today I received my notice of action, telling me I will soon be receiving my letter for the appointment & biometrics, will know more soon I hope.

ILM
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:02 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ILM
Thanks Ian

Today I received my notice of action, telling me I will soon be receiving my letter for the appointment & biometrics, will know more soon I hope.

ILM

went to immigration today and had my biometrics done, that was it, they said i would have to wait for the post???,

does that mean I still have to wait for another letter , and another appointment somewhere?

ILM
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
went to immigration today and had my biometrics done, that was it, they said i would have to wait for the post???,

does that mean I still have to wait for another letter , and another appointment somewhere?

ILM
Now that you've had your biometrics done, a few different things can happen:

1. You could receive an RFE, request for further evidence.
2. You could be approved for the 10-year green card without an interview.
3. You could receive a letter with an interview date.

Just have to wait and see what happens next.

Rene
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:08 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Now that you've had your biometrics done, a few different things can happen:

1. You could receive an RFE, request for further evidence.
2. You could be approved for the 10-year green card without an interview.
3. You could receive a letter with an interview date.

Just have to wait and see what happens next.

Rene
Thanks Rene, just one more question, should I go for the interview ,

will it be local immigration or embassy NY ?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM

If you need to go to an interview, it will be at your local district office.

Rene
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:26 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by ILM

Thank you for the giggle this morning. Since you are in the US, you won't find a US Consulate/Embassy here.

You will be going to the district office for your interview if you are called for one.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:49 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

HI everyone sorry not been on here for the longest time.
the update is I was approved for my conditions to be lifted, I just have to wait for the card.
thankyou all so much for your help so far.

ILM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.