Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Old Jul 30th 2008, 9:43 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice
Default Re: Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Hi Guys , I was just going through the instructions on the I-751 form and I need to know if I have to supply the ORIGINALS in this case....

Part 3. Additional information about you.

Criminal History. If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and no charges were filed, submit:

If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and charges were filed, or if charges were filed against you without an arrest, submit:

2. An original or court-certified copy of the complete arrest record and/or disposition for each incident, (e.g. dismissal order, conviction record or acquittal order).

I was arrested and charged then dissmissed.

also , do i have to write my name on all the evidence copies along with my Alien # , sign each 1 and date etc????

thanks Ian

Last edited by ILM; Jul 30th 2008 at 10:31 pm. Reason: added more info
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
2. An original or court-certified copy...
Seems pretty obvious, doesn't it?

do i have to write my name on all the evidence copies along with my Alien # , sign each 1 and date etc?
Do you have to? No. Should you? Probably a good idea, yes.

Ian
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:09 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Original or court certified copy. This is probably obvious advice, but take the time and get the court certified copy, things do sometimes get lost!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:16 am
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice

Originally Posted by ILM

also , do i have to write my name on all the evidence copies along with my Alien # , sign each 1 and date etc????

thanks Ian
?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
?
??

You responded to your own post with a question mark... what is it you want?

Ian
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:52 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
??

You responded to your own post with a question mark... what is it you want?

Ian
I used my own quote to re ask the question, sorry if it didn't make sense.

Originally Posted by ILM

thanks Ian
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
I used my own quote to re ask the question, sorry if it didn't make sense.

Originally Posted by ILM

thanks Ian
The answer is here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=47

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 4:08 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101

OOPs I'm bad lol Thanks. Ian x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:13 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ILM
I have a lot of paperwork gathered together now re the I-751

sorry I havent been on for a while guys, been very busy.

got all I need for the I-751 form gathered except the decree, which I'm assured will only be another 3 weeks at the outside.

when I get chance and put it all in order I will post here the list of things I have, so you guys can give it the once over before I send it in.

Thanks again for now ILM
My list so far guys please look, tell me if I need anything more or less.

all pages are enclosed in a clear sheet protector type envelope, this makes it easy as there are holes in the protectors not the originals.

total so far approx 60 pages.

list re I-751 form

1... I-751 form & Cheque (not written yet)
2 ...copy of Residency Card front & Back
3 ...list of other addresses used since becoming a resident (part3#9)
4 ...Restraining order/summons/dismissal(7pages)
5 ...Stay away order/summons/order(5pages)
5 ...Incident reports from local police(2pages)
6 ...Arrest warrant(3pages)
7 ...Temp order of protection(2pages)
8 ...certificates of Disposition(2 charges)charges disposed(2pages)
9 ...papers filed for divorce(6pages)
10 .DIVORCE DECREE (STILL WAITING)
Evidence re together
1 ...joint bank account statement
2 ...2 tourist dated photos together at niagra falls
3 ...retail cert of sale for car,in joint names
4 ...copy of registration
5 ...Insurance in both names
6 ...insurance ID card
7 ...Loving birthday card from her to me
8 ...christmas card from family to both of us
9 ...envelopes posted to both of us
10 .Affidavits of support 3 people(2notarized)
11 .Tax returns(13pages)

Thanks ILM
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Make sure the "papers filed for divorce" include the final divorce decree, not just papers filed. It has to be the proof that you are actually divorced now.

2. My advice is to take them out of the sheet protectors, and just turn everything in held together with bulldog clips. USCIS will just throw away the sheet protectors and notebook anyway, and they'll be cursing YOU for making them take the time to do that.

Rene
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:30 am
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
1. Make sure the "papers filed for divorce" include the final divorce decree, not just papers filed. It has to be the proof that you are actually divorced now.

Rene
Hi I just today received my papers for divorce, I would like to make sure I send the correct papers with my I-751 form.

There are no words on the paper that say DECREE, just the GRANTED stamp, I tried looking this up and my impression is ,that this IS THE DECREE.

Am I correct?

ILM
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ILM
There are no words on the paper that say DECREE, just the GRANTED stamp.
A decree is a court order. If the paper says you are divorced and there is an official stamp, then that's what it is.

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:39 am
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
A decree is a court order. If the paper says you are divorced and there is an official stamp, then that's what it is.

Ian
Thanks Ian yes its a judgment of divorce and has a GRANTED stamp on it with a signature from the court clerk, also signed by the justice presiding.

sounds like i'm now able to file my I-751 ASAP

Thanks for the quick reply

ILM
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I understand where you are coming from. NYS does not have a waiting period between the issuance of the divorce decree and its finalization, i.e. Decree Absolute.

So, you are good to go with the paperwork you have.

Originally Posted by ILM
Thanks Ian yes its a judgment of divorce and has a GRANTED stamp on it with a signature from the court clerk, also signed by the justice presiding.

sounds like i'm now able to file my I-751 ASAP

Thanks for the quick reply

ILM
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:09 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
I understand where you are coming from. NYS does not have a waiting period between the issuance of the divorce decree and its finalization, i.e. Decree Absolute.

So, you are good to go with the paperwork you have.
Thanks again.
I just now have to type a letter explaining why I couldnt resolve the marriage then I will be all set.
Should be about thursday or friday I will send it all off.

Just a quick question , how do I send it?, does it have to be sent recorded/signed for etc? as it will contain alot of original documents and which postal service do you recommend?

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.