Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Notification of readiness form - when best to submit?

Notification of readiness form - when best to submit?

Old Mar 15th 2015, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

dotsas has a spectacular aura aboutdotsas has a spectacular aura aboutdotsas has a spectacular aura about
Default Notification of readiness form - when best to submit?

The obvious answer is of course, when you're ready to move... Hubby does a fair bit of traveling for work and we have a couple of long weekends booked (abroad - we have to many friends in too many countries...) so struggling to time when best to submit the readiness form as ideally we'd like to avoid having to cancel those trips. What's a realistic timeframe to ensure one is available once the form has been submitted? 2 months? 3 months? I've had a look at the DCF filing timeline and from what I can see folks generally get an interview date within two months of submitting the readiness form.

Thoughts? (though guessing the answer is probably 'how long is a piece of string'!)

Thanks!
Old Mar 15th 2015, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notification of readiness form - when best to submit?

Originally Posted by dotsas
The obvious answer is of course, when you're ready to move...
The obvious answer, I would think, is when you're ready to interview - which may or may not be when you're ready to move.

What's a realistic timeframe to ensure one is available once the form has been submitted? 2 months? 3 months?
Generally, 1-2 months... however, if you're going to be gallivanting around the country, then simply delay filing the notice until you're ready to interview.

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2015, 11:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had the medical exam yet?

Rene
Old Mar 16th 2015, 11:56 am
Just Joined

MrsRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

You submit when you've got all your paperwork ie Affidavit of support and have booked your medical (although not necessarily had it). I submitted mine about 2 weeks before my medical, my interview letter came a month after that, about 2 weeks after my medical and I had my interview about 6 weeks after submitting.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 12:15 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsRyan
You submit when you've got all your paperwork ie Affidavit of support and have booked your medical (although not necessarily had it). I submitted mine about 2 weeks before my medical, my interview letter came a month after that, about 2 weeks after my medical and I had my interview about 6 weeks after submitting.
What she said

I received my interview letter just a week after my medical (for an interview just a week after that) so don't submit your readiness form until you actually are ready...
Old Mar 16th 2015, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

dotsas has a spectacular aura aboutdotsas has a spectacular aura aboutdotsas has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for all the replies - Sounds like we will have to wait until after all the random travels. I was hoping for hubby to do his medical early April and have the interview by the end of May but he now needs to be in the US (of all places....) for two weeks from mid May. Unhelpful!

I'm just impatient and was hoping to get a visa into his passport sooner rather than later... plus the sooner we have the visa, the sooner we can get (cheaper) fights. Oh well, will just have to finalise the pile of paperwork ready for the interview instead!