Wikiposts

Notary of Public

Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:29 am
Just Joined

sheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nice
Default Notary of Public

Hi all, my fiance and I are finally getting all our package together for him to send off in America.

He has letters from his mom and dad confirming that we have been together and met me etc and have had it notarised at the bank in the usa. Jason told me that i need to write a letter also for his package and I need to get it notarised... but the bank doesnt do it, anyone know where else I can get it done and how much its likely to cost?

I took over all my proof which he will photocopy and send back to me for my package. Although i'm not sure if they need to see my proof when he sends off for it, I thought it was for my package I needed my proof only... is this correct?

Any advice would be appreciated
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notary of Public

Originally Posted by sheralynneandjay
Hi all, my fiance and I are finally getting all our package together for him to send off in America.

He has letters from his mom and dad confirming that we have been together and met me etc and have had it notarised at the bank in the usa. Jason told me that i need to write a letter also for his package and I need to get it notarised... but the bank doesnt do it, anyone know where else I can get it done and how much its likely to cost?

I took over all my proof which he will photocopy and send back to me for my package. Although i'm not sure if they need to see my proof when he sends off for it, I thought it was for my package I needed my proof only... is this correct?

Is this for an I-129F petition package for fiance visa? If so, he doesn't need affidavits from his parents or anyone.

All he needs from you is an original signed statement of intent, that you are legally free to marry and intend to do so within 90 days of your arrival on the K-1 visa. This statement does not need to be notarized.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:39 am
Just Joined

sheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nice

Yes its for a fiance visa, thank you so much, very helpful.

Just one other question as I'm pretty clueless about this, where and how do I get a full medical and anyone know how much this costs?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The proof he needs to send with the I-129F is proof that you've met in person during the past 2 years. He should send photocopies of the proof with the I-129F. He should send you the originals of the proof, to bring to your K-1 interview in the future.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:42 am

Yes its for a fiance visa, thank you so much, very helpful.

Just one other question as I'm pretty clueless about this, where and how do I get a full medical and anyone know how much this costs?
Once the I-129F petition is approved in the USA, it will go to National Visa Center for more processing in the USA. After that, you will receive a package of visa applications (to your address in the UK). I believe once you return a checklist to London saying you have everything ready, they will send you information on how to get your medical done, along with your interview date.

The medical is done at one facility located in London. If I remember correctly, it was around 400. But I don't remember if that was 400 dollars or 400 pounds! LOL

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Hm, is that the one that tells me where I have to get it done on the visa forms when I receive them? Really sorry, I feel stupid lol
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:52 am

Hm, is that the one that tells me where I have to get it done on the visa forms when I receive them? Really sorry, I feel stupid lol
Sorry, I didn't follow your question. You will receive instructions from London later on, after you've received your visa application forms, regarding where to go to get your medical done, and how to make that appointment when the time comes.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Magic words to be put at the end: "I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on [Date] at [Location]" -- to be followed by a signature. The legal equivalent of an affidavit and a whole lot cheaper.

This is an FAQ.

As others have mentioned, why do you need them?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Noorah... thats exactly what I meant lol sorry, didn't quite put anything that made sense in my question lol

Folin.. thank you very much, I will put that at the bottom of my letter although Jason says he is still going to get his notarized and thats pretty much what the bank puts on there anyhow.

Thank you for the information both of you
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have evidence, factual stuff, that shows that the two of you have met in person sometime in the past two years?

Other than the letters from your families.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:06 am
Just Joined

We have lots of photos (although I don't think they're dated) of when we went to strawberry festival, lots of tickets for places like museum and zoo's and pictures of us there... I have telephone bills with his number on them... E-mails, all the tickets of us flying to eachother (all E-tickets so we have the E-mails of them)...

Other than that we have cards for all occassions we sent to eachother, but that doesnt really prove we've met.

Hope thats enough?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:12 am

We have lots of photos (although I don't think they're dated) of when we went to strawberry festival, lots of tickets for places like museum and zoo's and pictures of us there... I have telephone bills with his number on them... E-mails, all the tickets of us flying to eachother (all E-tickets so we have the E-mails of them)...

Other than that we have cards for all occassions we sent to eachother, but that doesnt really prove we've met.

Hope thats enough?
Passport pages showing the entry/exit stamps. Boarding passes.

The tickets for museums and such don't mean much unless your names and dates are on them. They could belong to anyone.

Phone bills and cards should be brought to your interview when the time comes, as proof of ongoing relationship.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Oh good, so we'll be fine! So glad, thank you so much all
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:21 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good, so we'll be fine! So glad, thank you so much all

How did you come to that conclusion after Rene's post?

The items in your list don't show that you were in the same place at the same time and also include dates?

Boarding passes and etickets are different things. I can buy a plane ticket today but never take the flight. The boarding pass shows you were on the flight.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:29 am

I should have been more clear in my response...

Two of the BEST things you can use as proof are: the passport pages from each of your passports showing the entry/exit stamps of the overseas visit; and the boarding passes of the flights you each took to get there.

As meauxna says, e-tickets can be made but not used, itineraries can be booked but not used, reservation can be made but not used.

Photos of the two of you together are the next best thing. Too late for you now, but for others reading, a good idea is to stand together in front of something which shows the obvious date...a big sign or billboard of some sort, or holding an item with the date on it in the picture, such as a newspaper.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.