Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NOA2 for Adjustment of Status package

NOA2 for Adjustment of Status package

Old Mar 21st 2017, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NOA2 for Adjustment of Status package

Hey all,

Wondering if someone can help me out here - it appears my fiance misplaced the NOA2 approval from the I-129F petition, and we can't find it. I've done a bit of research around this as I was under the impression this is required for the AOS package - but it turns out a fair amount of people have had success without it, and instead screenshotting the USCIS case checker online with the approval notification on there. Anyone got any insight? Kind of a weird thing they'd ask for, as I would assume the actual K-1 visa in of itself is proof you've been approved?
Old Mar 21st 2017, 1:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOA2 for Adjustment of Status package

I agree. Most likely you'll be fine without it.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2017, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I agree. Most likely you'll be fine without it.

Rene
Thanks Rene, would you include alternative documentation or would you just add the photocopy of the passport, which is required anyways?
Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984
I would assume the actual K-1 visa in of itself is proof you've been approved?
Correct. The notice of approval is extraneous.

... would you include alternative documentation...
No.

... would you just add the photocopy of the passport...
Yes. The K-1 visa is proof that the visa was approved.

Ian
Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Correct. The notice of approval is extraneous.

No.

Yes. The K-1 visa is proof that the visa was approved.

Ian
Thanks Ian. It's so weird how many redundant forms they still request!
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

You should also have a copy of the approved I-129F form from when the London Consulate first got in touch with you, but as the others have said, the K1 visa in itself should be enough.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
You should also have a copy of the approved I-129F form from when the London Consulate first got in touch with you, but as the others have said, the K1 visa in itself should be enough.
Yeah I do have that - I pulled it out last night. Has a big 'Approved' DoHS stamp on it. I've also read that other people book InfoPass appointments and get the USCIS field office to print something out - not sure if that's a bit of an overkill though, as the lack of an NOA2 probably won't even be RFE'd.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 9:23 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I've also read...
You need to stop reading. It's doing nothing but contributing to your own self-doubt. If anyone here thought the NOA2 was important, we'd have said so. It's not.

Ian
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

You need to stop reading. It's doing nothing but contributing to your own self-doubt. If anyone here thought the NOA2 was important, we'd have said so. It's not.

Ian
You're right, I have a habit of doing an awful lot of reading.

Just one more question, though, we've established the NOA2 isn't needed - how would you address this in the package? I know earlier you said you wouldn't include alternatives as the K-1 itself is proof, but would you just not make a mention of the NOA2 at all when assembling the AOS package?
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 9:47 am
Account Closed

... how would you address this in the package?
You don't.

... would you just not make a mention of the NOA2 at all when assembling the AOS package?
Correct.

Ian
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

You don't.

Correct.

Ian
Awesome, thanks Ian!