Wikiposts

Nikkah in the US..

Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Ramna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nikkah in the US..

Originally Posted by meauxna
Why is it important to withhold? Different age = different category of immigration.
What does it mean? Different age groups will be influential for the purpose of obtaining a spousal visa?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ramna
What does it mean? Different age groups will be influential for the purpose of obtaining a spousal visa?
No. I think we are wondering whether his marital status / age might affect his ability to immigrate on his parents' petition.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:26 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

HE is not getting a spousal visa, is he? Or are you just thinking about yourself?

When the parent petitions their child, the child's age and marital status is important.
You asked for help here. Why do you think we would ask questions that have no bearing?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
HE is not getting a spousal visa, is he? Or are you just thinking about yourself?

When the parent petitions their child, the child's age and marital status is important.
You asked for help here. Why do you think we would ask questions that have no bearing?
Sorry! By asking that silly question of mine, I simply didn't get your reply about the importance of the age in these things, and I purely asked you back to better understand its connection with my issue!
Sure, I asked for help for something and the age topic just came somewhere in the discussion and took us out of the track! But I wasn't meant to ask questions that have no bearing!

Ok! My post is officially over now by me!

Thank you all.

Last edited by Ramna; Mar 19th 2009 at 5:52 am. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:07 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, I asked for help for something and the age topic just came somewhere in the discussion and took us out of the track! But I wasn't meant to ask questions that have no bearing!
The future life of Muslim Man and Italian Lady in the US is based upon that very foundation stone. Without a solid base, the rest is really pretty moot.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The future life of Muslim Man and Italian Lady in the US is based upon that very foundation stone. Without a solid base, the rest is really pretty moot.
Good to know. Thank you.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:20 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know. Thank you.
So is the base solid or not? I have no idea. But you've written enough in you confusing third-person style to suggest that it might not be. It's a bit like worrying about whether you'll have enough money to put gas in the car when you don't even have a driver license.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You've written enough in you confusing third-person style to suggest that it might not be. It's a bit like worrying about whether you'll have enough money to put gas in the car when you don't even have a driver license.
I honestly don't get you, guys, for having to fire such a bitter answer.

What was the subject of this thread? "Nikkah in the US.."
Well, I got the information I needed. Thanks, once again!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Ramna, we weren't being bitter. Just trying to help point out something that might be another issue in your case. Sometimes if we see other things that might be issues, we tend to point them out, just in case you weren't aware of them. Maybe we are just too thorough and don't take things at face value.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Sorry Ramna, we weren't being bitter. Just trying to help point out something that might be another issue in your case. Sometimes if we see other things that might be issues, we tend to point them out, just in case you weren't aware of them. Maybe we are just too thorough and don't take things at face value.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thank you. I got that and definitely if I need advice I'll come back to you.

All the best to you too!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You keep writing as if you are not going to write any more.. but then you do!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:23 am
Septicity

I think you meant helpful. I certainly do do bitter, as others will surely testify. But to you I've only done my best to be helpful.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:27 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. I got that and definitely if I need advice I'll come back to you.

All the best to you too!
You might want to read all those answers again.

Because I very much doubt that you know what you and your spouse-to-be are doing, immigration-wise.

(And I'm being helpful......... not bitter............... and neither is Fatbrit..)
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Sir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to beholdSir Denis Eaton-Hogg is a splendid one to behold

Ok People calm down

In the interests of the BE Nice campaign lets all remember that the OP is Italian, so English is not her first language. To question her writing style is mean. I know I would not last 5 minutes in any Italian forums.

Despite some sideways movement and a lit bit of friendly banter from the gang here She does have the answers she came for in her OP. She also knows she needs to take further advice from people outside of BE.

Her questions were very specific concerning the Nikkah, her Boyfriend's immigration status is not really relevant to those questions as she clearly states he WILL have completed immigration to the USA at that point. By what means we do not know, and do not really need to know to answer the initial questions.

However, Ramna, many of the people here know that any immigration process is a long series of interconnected events and are trying to look beyond any immediate plans to the next steps or problems which may arise years from now based on decisions you make today. These go far beyond your initial questions and should be considered.

Based on the info we have, and to recap; If you enter the US using VWP and take part in a non-formal Nikkah ceremony as a stand alone ceremony which is for show only, one that is not part of any actual wedding ceremony you should have no issues as this would in legal terms be the same as an Engagement party with a Christian marriage and engagement has no legal affect on status. What follows after that would be a completely different matter.

You should note that a strict adherent family would probably consider such a thing a sham, and no Imam would officiate over such a ceremony. Nor would they allow such a ceremony to take place until the Groom had completed all his Iddah obligations.

You also do not mention if you yourself are a Muslim? Technically.... and this is a debate for Muslim scholars... only a Muslim woman can undertake Nikkah.

Good luck!!

For those who are interested: In most cases the Nikkah is part of the marriage ceremony itself. You sign a contract in front of witnesses and both parties say similar words to 'I do'. In most non-Muslim countries (inlcuding UK, USA and most of the EU) at the end of the Nikkah ceremony, if it was conducted by an Imam licensed to perform 'marriages' and the correct paperwork and licenses etc have been dealt with the bride and groom are considered legally married. However Islamic tradition dictates that any union is not formally considered complete until the Rukhsati/Dukhal ceremonies (literally consummation) have been completed.

Many Muslim marriage traditions are not unlike traditional/historic Christian and Jewish ones. Between engagement (Khitbah) and the actual marriage ceremony (Nikkah) the couple are not permitted to be left alone without a chaperone and sexual relations are forbidden etc. This was traditionally a time for the two families and the bride and groom to get to know one another.