Next steps...

Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

beverlybabs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Next steps...

So...for a little background, I'm a USC and my British fiancee and I have been together 2 years, and I filed for the 1-129F fiancee visa Dec. 10. Well, we are both very happy because our I-129F visa got approved March 11! Yaaayyyyy We are ready for the next steps, but are a bit lost. He already has his police certificate, and I'm still waiting for my second NOA to arrive in the post. Is it too early to say that since the I-129F got approved that we will have no problems with the ongoing visa? Maybe I'm just being naive, but I'm thinking that the hardest bit is over with!! Anyways....from what I've read, you can't really ever set a date for a wedding, but with the I-129F already approved, does anyone have a roundabout idea of when the Brit will have the K1 visa in hand? I know we still have the medical/interview to go yet, but I'm not really sure when that will come about. I'm assuming they will send him information for the medical and then he applies for the interview? Damn visa experience!! But really I'm so very pleased as it's went smoothly so far, I mean only 3 months to get approved, no questions sent through the post...it seems as though my dream is actually finally becoming a reality!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next steps...

Originally Posted by beverlybabs
So...for a little background, I'm a USC and my British fiancee and I have been together 2 years, and I filed for the 1-129F fiancee visa Dec. 10. Well, we are both very happy because our I-129F visa got approved March 11! Yaaayyyyy We are ready for the next steps, but are a bit lost. He already has his police certificate, and I'm still waiting for my second NOA to arrive in the post. Is it too early to say that since the I-129F got approved that we will have no problems with the ongoing visa? Maybe I'm just being naive, but I'm thinking that the hardest bit is over with!! Anyways....from what I've read, you can't really ever set a date for a wedding, but with the I-129F already approved, does anyone have a roundabout idea of when the Brit will have the K1 visa in hand? I know we still have the medical/interview to go yet, but I'm not really sure when that will come about. I'm assuming they will send him information for the medical and then he applies for the interview? Damn visa experience!! But really I'm so very pleased as it's went smoothly so far, I mean only 3 months to get approved, no questions sent through the post...it seems as though my dream is actually finally becoming a reality!
Congratulations! To be more specific, your I-129F *petition* is approved (not visa). From here, the file goes to National Visa Center in New Hampshire, and then on to the US Consulate in London. Once the file gets to London (probably a few weeks from now), they will send your fiance his visa application packet with forms to complete. When he has all the forms complete and items on the checklist in hand, he returns the checklist to London, and they will then send him an interview date and instructions on getting the medical done.

I personally thought the I-129F part was easier than the actual visa application part...but perhaps others feel differently. And no, just because the I-129F got approved, it has little bearing on whether the K-1 visa will get approved, but if you have a straightforward case, you earn enough to meet the affidavit of support qualifications, he has no previous criminal history, medical problems or visa overstays, there's no reason he shouldn't get approved.

Overall, I'd expect the rest of your process now to take around 6 months or so.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hint, the London embassy website should have the visa forms he will need on there. He can print them out and fill them out ahead of time for practice, but should use the actual forms they send him from London at his interview, I think those have a special barcode. But, he can do a practice run with the online forms, so he can fill them out more easily when he gets the real thing in the mail.

Rene
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

newenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hint, the London embassy website should have the visa forms he will need on there. He can print them out and fill them out ahead of time for practice, but should use the actual forms they send him from London at his interview, I think those have a special barcode. But, he can do a practice run with the online forms, so he can fill them out more easily when he gets the real thing in the mail.

Rene
What? I thought the entire process usually took 6 months. It can't be 3 months PLUS size more months..........can it?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by newenglander
What? I thought the entire process usually took 6 months. It can't be 3 months PLUS size more months..........can it?
Yes, it can. The I-129F *can* take around 4 to 6 months to approve. The K-1 visa process itself *can* take around 4 to 6 months to complete.

The entire process from filing I-129F to having K-1 visa in hand can take anywhere from 8 to 10 months. Of course, mileage can vary....some are quicker, i.e. 6 months from start to finish. Some can take longer, i.e. 12 months from start to finish.

Rene
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

sunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the rough

CONGRATS I am too excited to read this since we filed out I29-F on Jan 18th! So here's hoping we hear approved for the first part by end of April!

I also am hoping you guys get through the rest promptly as we are trying to get it done as quick as "possible" as well since we have a tentative Sept 27th wedding in the plans! I even have a place booked but they will let me change date if needed haha....

CONGRATS and onto the next step!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

Hi, glad to hear things going smoothly so far....
Which centre did you apply through? We sent ours off in december as well to the California processing centre but, up to now, only have a receipt number.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

sunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Janet we also sent ours to Cali in Jan and have receipt number and the neverending "case received and pending" message on the online status haha...Good luck!!!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it can. The I-129F *can* take around 4 to 6 months to approve. The K-1 visa process itself *can* take around 4 to 6 months to complete.

The entire process from filing I-129F to having K-1 visa in hand can take anywhere from 8 to 10 months. Of course, mileage can vary....some are quicker, i.e. 6 months from start to finish. Some can take longer, i.e. 12 months from start to finish.

Rene
Well, I know that my (then) fiance had his visa interview about 7 weeks after the I-129f was approved. However this was 4 years ago. I think the process is taking a little longer now. So probably around 8-12 weeks would be a realistic expectation. But you must keep in mind that it could always take longer. "It takes as long as it takes" is a motto to keep in mind.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:01 am
Just Joined

beverlybabs is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent mine to the Cali service center too....so hopefully you both receive your NAO2 soon!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by beverlybabs
I sent mine to the Cali service center too....so hopefully you both receive your NAO2 soon!!
You were right! Got an e-mail today to say they had approved petition on 19th! Should arrive in the post soon.....
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Once the file gets to London (probably a few weeks from now), they will send your fiance his visa application packet with forms to complete. When he has all the forms complete and items on the checklist in hand, he returns the checklist to London,
Hi Rene, Will they send the application packet to my fiances' address in the US or to me in the UK?

Thanks.
Janet
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Oooh CONGRATS Janet!!! Ooh ooh pleaseeee let me hear soon haha! I should be coming up then!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by janet82
Hi Rene, Will they send the application packet to my fiances' address in the US or to me in the UK?

Thanks.
Janet
Oops, sorry...hehehe...they will send the package of visa applications to you, in the UK.

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:26 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janet82

Thanks.
Janet
Hi Janet. They send the packet to your fiancee. My I129 petition took only two months to get approved. It was recieved in Vermont on January 2008 and approved March 2008. I recieved a letter from NVS in New Hampshire in March that they had the info and were forwarding to the consolate in London. My fiancee recieved his first packet a few days ago. We are just waiting to her from my attorney about our affidavit of support. She said to fill out I864 but ithink it's I134. Good luck to you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.