Old Mar 30th 2018, 12:33 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

It might be next year before you hear anything at this point. All the waiting is hard, but don't forget you can still visit using the VWP (if otherwise eligible) during the processing time.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
It might be next year before you hear anything at this point. All the waiting is hard, but don't forget you can still visit using the VWP (if otherwise eligible) during the processing time.

Yeah we have prepared ourselves for a long wait so going to try not to think about it now. I have read some people who are in the process struggle to travel to the states because the TSA think they might not leave, is this correct? I’ve got a letter from my employer stating I am due to form back to my job on a certain date and that they have authorised my holiday and of course I have my returning flight booked
Old Mar 30th 2018, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicola1234
Yeah we have prepared ourselves for a long wait so going to try not to think about it now. I have read some people who are in the process struggle to travel to the states because the TSA think they might not leave, is this correct? I’ve got a letter from my employer stating I am due to form back to my job on a certain date and that they have authorised my holiday and of course I have my returning flight booked
Only USC's are guaranteed entry.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Only USC's are guaranteed entry.
I get that lol just wondering if anyone else has had any issues entering whilst they are in the process - guess I’ll find out in 2 weeks!
Old Mar 30th 2018, 1:48 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I never did in multiple visits. YMMV.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course people have had issues, not many and I would anticipate the only entry you are interested in is yours.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 2:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Nicole

As for problems when visiting, I've seen less than 5 people who have had difficulties when coming to the US under the VWP when they have a petition in the works. And that is with over 20 years on this site marriage-based visa forum. There are always scary posts out there but considering the thousands of people who come to the US weekly, they are only a handful.

Answer any question asked truthfully. Don't embellish. Don't get flustered and don't expect troubles.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Nicole

As for problems when visiting, I've seen less than 5 people who have had difficulties when coming to the US under the VWP when they have a petition in the works. And that is with over 20 years on this site marriage-based visa forum. There are always scary posts out there but considering the thousands of people who come to the US weekly, they are only a handful.

Answer any question asked truthfully. Don't embellish. Don't get flustered and don't expect troubles.

Thank you for that I try not to pay attention to the ‘horror’ stories but it’s good to know. I’m excited to see him again
Old Mar 30th 2018, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Great advice from Rete, I will add just one thing, be patient! Its not a super quick process, but use the time wisely start preparing the paperwork, start sorting your possessions for the move, because believe me it will suddenly fly by, and you will on EBay frantically selling cr4p 2 days before you leave lol.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dj6372
Great advice from Rete, I will add just one thing, be patient! Its not a super quick process, but use the time wisely start preparing the paperwork, start sorting your possessions for the move, because believe me it will suddenly fly by, and you will on EBay frantically selling cr4p 2 days before you leave lol.
Haha yeah good point - we are all set for the long wait but that time will come one day lol. I don’t even want to think about moving all my stuff, I might just sell everything and start again haha. Also using this time to spend with all my friends and family - time will fly! I’m excited
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey!

When we applied for my k-1 visa, it was back in June 2017, I received my Visa in hand the 2nd last week of March this year. It’s a hard process but obviously if you guys want to be with eachother, it’s worth it!

As for visiting, I went over twice when we filed the K-1. The officer asked me a few questions and asked to see a return flight, but that’s about it.

As long as you do everything by the book and don’t lie, it should be an easy process. Especially at the visa interview stage, I went armed with every bit of evidence I could get! But it’s not as stressful as I thought it would be.

Good Luck!

Last edited by JuniorJ194; Apr 1st 2018 at 10:21 am.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
Hey!

When we applied for my k-1 visa, it was back in June 2017, I received my Visa in hand the 2nd last week of March this year. It’s a hard process but obviously if you guys want to be with eachother, it’s worth it!

As for visiting, I went over twice when we filed the K-1. The officer asked me a few questions and asked to see a return flight, but that’s about it.

As long as you do everything by the book and don’t lie, it should be an easy process. Especially at the visa interview stage, I went armed with every bit of evidence I could get! But it’s not as stressful as I thought it would be.

Good Luck!
Hey thanks for your message!

Yeah we have been doing so much research into everything and ensuring we have all that we need. We have been together for 2 years now and have visited each other countless amounts of times so evidence will be easy (I hope!). We have waited this long so another 9-12 months is fine, we are used to this long distance thing now haha.

Can’t wait to see him in 2 weeks!

In the meantime should I look into my vaccination history? My mum says I have them all but I want to make sure - if not should I get any missing vaccines done now or wait until I’ve had NOA2?
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

You can check the vaccination requirements for k-1 in the USCIS website. The main ones I was told are MMR vaccinations and the boosters, fortunately I had all of mine. When it gets to the medical stage I’d get booked in for a flu vaccination (I did this at Tesco and it cost £8) and then take the proof with you to the medical. You can also get a Summary of Health record from your doctors for no fee and you can get it that same day. You can pick that up the same day when you pick your vaccination record up, I’d wait until you can book your medical for that. (Summary of health record is required at the medical and is just a form basically outlining any ongoing medical issues etc. Make sure it has your name and address on it).

I’ve been with my fiancée for 2.5 years, I took all of our photos, plane tickets to the interview and was asked to show absolutely none of it, but this can’t be said for every interview. To be honest the interview was a bit of an anti climax, I left the embassy like “is that it?!”. For the amount of money and stress I put into it, I at least wanted interrogated a little! Haha.

My advice is, don’t read any stories “horror stories” especially on visa journey or rapid visa, most people on there are from high fraud countries. It is stressful, but like you said, use this time effectively to make sure you have everything when it comes down to it.

Also use BE for every step and every bit you are confused about. The knowledge people have on here is most of the time, far better than any advice you’ll get off an immigration lawyer.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
You can check the vaccination requirements for k-1 in the USCIS website. The main ones I was told are MMR vaccinations and the boosters, fortunately I had all of mine. When it gets to the medical stage I’d get booked in for a flu vaccination (I did this at Tesco and it cost £8) and then take the proof with you to the medical. You can also get a Summary of Health record from your doctors for no fee and you can get it that same day. You can pick that up the same day when you pick your vaccination record up, I’d wait until you can book your medical for that. (Summary of health record is required at the medical and is just a form basically outlining any ongoing medical issues etc. Make sure it has your name and address on it).

I’ve been with my fiancée for 2.5 years, I took all of our photos, plane tickets to the interview and was asked to show absolutely none of it, but this can’t be said for every interview. To be honest the interview was a bit of an anti climax, I left the embassy like “is that it?!”. For the amount of money and stress I put into it, I at least wanted interrogated a little! Haha.

My advice is, don’t read any stories “horror stories” especially on visa journey or rapid visa, most people on there are from high fraud countries. It is stressful, but like you said, use this time effectively to make sure you have everything when it comes down to it.

Also use BE for every step and every bit you are confused about. The knowledge people have on here is most of the time, far better than any advice you’ll get off an immigration lawyer.
Thank you so much! Good advice

Yeah I’ve heard the interview is pretty painless lol

We have lots of plans whilst we wait so hopefully time will fly!

This site is great and so helpful, we almost paid RapidVisa but were advised against it on this thread plus my OH is super tight with money so didn’t want to pay for something we didn’t need

I’m excited for this journey

Happy Easter!
Old Apr 1st 2018, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I definitely would not pay for Rapid Visa, the clue is in the name really. They can’t speed up the process, it takes just as long if you did it yourself!

Without BE I would have been lost, I asked so many questions. Check my threads that I’ve posted if you’re ever stuck, just click on my profile, I think I asked every question there was to ask haha. I wanted it to be perfect with no complications! And fortunately I’ve had none.

That’s it! You’ve got a wedding to plan anyway, that should take up some time in itself!

Happy Easter to you too and welcome to BE!

Joshua

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.