British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   A New Wiki Addition ... Please Read (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/new-wiki-addition-please-read-644559/)

PepsiChic Dec 13th 2009 11:57 pm

Re: A New Wiki Addition ... Please Read

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 8169647)
Pepsichic ... thank you, thank you, thank you.

My apologies for giving your honors away. I'm so sorry. Forgive me? I'll give ya lots of karma.

lol its perfectly ok! I wasnt going to say anything as well YWFWT deserves a bunch of credit for all the helpful posts shes made too so im quite happy to share the limelight :)

Im really glad its a wiki entry now though, hopefully it will save some time with peoples questions! (probably not)

:thumbsup:

meauxna Dec 14th 2009 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 8168348)
Looks good, but I think it needs clarifying that this is aimed at AOS from K1, rather than AOS from a different visa, as it's a little different.

Does anyone know how to edit the title of the article in the wiki? I can't figure it out, but it would be good to note that those instructions are for K-1s only.

Bob Dec 14th 2009 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8172372)
Does anyone know how to edit the title of the article in the wiki? I can't figure it out, but it would be good to note that those instructions are for K-1s only.

you can't....create a new page with the right title and then copy paste the stuff in this to it and get Sue to delete this entry.

PepsiChic Dec 14th 2009 10:35 pm

How about just putting in a note at the top saying "This is an AOS guide for K1 visa applicants"

or something to that effect, in bold/italic.

Rete Dec 14th 2009 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8172372)

Actually I don't believe the header has to be changed as it is AOS but what needs to be done is that a short paragraph at the beginning stating that this is AOS for K-1 visaholders after marriage. And that to AOS from any other type of visa entry after marriage, Form I-130 must be included with the I-485 and accompanying documents sorted below.

Bob Dec 14th 2009 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 8172877)
Actually I don't believe the header has to be changed as it is AOS but what needs to be done is that a short paragraph at the beginning stating that this is AOS for K-1 visaholders after marriage. And that to AOS from any other type of visa entry after marriage, Form I-130 must be included with the I-485 and accompanying documents sorted below.

but what about those through employment?

Rete Dec 14th 2009 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 8172900)

Employment visaholders still need to include an I-130. The only exemptions are K-3's because they already have an I-130 pending and/or approved and the K-1.

meauxna Dec 14th 2009 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 8172900)

The company lawyer should be guiding them. :)

meauxna Dec 14th 2009 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 8172933)
Employment visaholders still need to include an I-130. The only exemptions are K-3's because they already have an I-130 pending and/or approved and the K-1.

I-140.

I-130 is the petition for an Immediate Relative.

Rete Dec 14th 2009 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8172943)
I-140.

I-130 is the petition for an Immediate Relative.

That's what we were talking about ... adjusting based on marriage to a USC not AOS based on sponsorship of an employer.

meauxna Dec 14th 2009 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 8172969)
That's what we were talking about ... adjusting based on marriage to a USC not AOS based on sponsorship of an employer.

Bob's Q was vague. :)

Bob Dec 14th 2009 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8172937)
The company lawyer should be guiding them. :)

company lawyer is working for the company not the recipient, who may want to under stand the whole process though, so they can question and prod the company lawyers about any delaying tactics...

Bob Dec 14th 2009 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8172974)
Bob's Q was vague. :)

it was, but this wiki entry doesn't differentiate between AOS through marriage or employment, it's fairly obvious that it's K1 biased, but if it is about AOS in general it should state the differences for those going through it from other reasons.

meauxna Dec 14th 2009 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 8172991)
it was, but this wiki entry doesn't differentiate between AOS through marriage or employment, it's fairly obvious that it's K1 biased, but if it is about AOS in general it should state the differences for those going through it from other reasons.

Hence my suggestion of a title change in the first place? :blink:

Rete Dec 14th 2009 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 8172991)

Why should it? It is part of the marriage-based visa forum's wiki.

Those who utilize the US Immigration Visa forum are the ones who should be responsible for doing up a wiki inclusion for adjustment based on employment as it is much different in many aspects. For one is there is no need for an I-130 or G-325A's from the USC spouse or even that one of the spouses MUST be a USC. It talks about the social security card which again has nothing to do with employment adjustment since they are here on a H-1B or L visa, etc.

Also there are issues with employment based aos and dependents which would not be includeable in an AOS for marriage-based as it would only confuse things.