New local office dates

Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:43 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New local office dates

Here's the new local office dates, posted April 12th. Miami went back from 1st Aug 2001 to Jan 29 2003 for the I-485's. There they go again, can't make up their minds which year they're working on!!

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N#

Kate. xxxxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; Apr 13th 2004 at 11:46 am.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New local office dates

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Here's the new local office dates, posted April 12th. Miami went back from 1st Aug 2001 to Jan 29 2003 for the I-485's. There they go again, can't make up their minds which year they're working on!!

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N#

Kate. xxxxxxx
Unbelievable!!!
Old Apr 13th 2004, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

isannen is an unknown quantity at this point

Atlanta went back from July 09, 2001 to April 1, 2001 for I-485.
There is no telling what they are doing there...
Old Apr 13th 2004, 4:01 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by isannen
It's amazing. If anyone else made as many mistakes in their job as USCIS do with their updates, they'd be fired.

Unless they're working on the odd few strays which needed additional time to process, but if that's what's happening, they really shouldn't base their processing dates on those. The confusion is what makes people even more angry and impatient.

Kate. xxxxxx
Old Apr 13th 2004, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

ISSANEN: What is your notice date, mine is 13 thmar 2002. Anyone around there in ATL???
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:42 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I thought it was July before! *&$#&* ridiculous....we're going BACKWARDS in time in Atlanta! Grrrr.

And speaking of Atlanta sucking, I applied for my AP through Atlanta and my NOA date is February 13th. Along with it I received a letter that said if I don't hear from them within 30 days to contact them. Nothing came after 30 days, I gave them a few more days before I called, only to wait on the phone for half an hour and be told they're processing dates of January 31st...which I could have found out on the website myself without the wait. So I thought alright, give them another 2 weeks since mine's February 13th. Well....nothing! It's been nearly 2 months now and they're processing dates from February 27th and I still haven't heard a thing from them. I think it's most definitely time to go to the office (pay $7 parking for like half an hour, and wait in a line that's who knows how long) and ask what the hell is up!

Should have known things were slow in the South...*&$@#*&(
Old Apr 13th 2004, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Steffi
You know, I thought it was July before! *&$#&* ridiculous....we're going BACKWARDS in time in Atlanta! Grrrr.

And speaking of Atlanta sucking, I applied for my AP through Atlanta and my NOA date is February 13th. Along with it I received a letter that said if I don't hear from them within 30 days to contact them. Nothing came after 30 days, I gave them a few more days before I called, only to wait on the phone for half an hour and be told they're processing dates of January 31st...which I could have found out on the website myself without the wait. So I thought alright, give them another 2 weeks since mine's February 13th. Well....nothing! It's been nearly 2 months now and they're processing dates from February 27th and I still haven't heard a thing from them. I think it's most definitely time to go to the office (pay $7 parking for like half an hour, and wait in a line that's who knows how long) and ask what the hell is up!

Should have known things were slow in the South...*&$@#*&(
Steffi:

That is strange, because I got mine in three weeks. Your Notice Date is 13th Feb, I applied sometime around there and got mine in 3 weeks. Atlanta center sure is wierd.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 9:20 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by waitingforAOS
Steffi:

That is strange, because I got mine in three weeks. Your Notice Date is 13th Feb, I applied sometime around there and got mine in 3 weeks. Atlanta center sure is wierd.
Yeah, I definitely need to check up on it! It must have fallen behind a desk crack or something. At least I know now that yours only took about 3 weeks and you applied around the same time I did. Oh the pain. *sigh*

Anyone have any idea about how bad the lines are when you go to Atlanta? Any suggestions?
Old Apr 13th 2004, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

immatchua is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh well...I am still here but I have been busy....waiting and chewing my nails.

I applied in Jan 2003 and had the interview Feb 26, 2004. Detroit, Michigan shows they are processing April 2003 but I haven't heard anything from them.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

isannen is an unknown quantity at this point

my notice date is february 2003. So I'll be waiting for a while longer than you.... And I'll be moving too, so that's another headache I assume.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 12:48 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband is going thru Minnesota & as far as I can see they havent went backwards. Last month they was at Feb 2003 & now up to March 2003. We applied in August last year so have a bit of a wait yet.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 12:59 pm
K1 via London

my notice date is february 2003. So I'll be waiting for a while longer than you.... And I'll be moving too, so that's another headache I assume.
Believe me...been there, done that! And it WAS a headach. I only moved within the same city, but it took them FOUR months to finally change my address! And that was after 3 letters and two phone calls...
Old Apr 21st 2004, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Tavia is an unknown quantity at this point

Believe me...been there, done that! And it WAS a headach. I only moved within the same city, but it took them FOUR months to finally change my address! And that was after 3 letters and two phone calls...
Hey steffi.
I havent posted here in a while but i am in the same boat as you. It seems like everything that happened to you basically happened to me. Welllll.. at least most of it. Atlanta's processing dates were for July 2001 since last year. I have no idea why it has to take a year to move to another month. Also they moved back this month to April. I believe that they just want to keep their processing dates a secret, and that by itself is causing alot of confusion. I too applied on January 2003 and moved here.

Before I got my papers forwarded it took about four months for them to do that. And they do not write or anything to let you know your papers were forwarded, you just have to keep calling them, and they get mad at you for that. It took them a year to do my EAD and to top that they never called or wrote me. I had to march down there to their office even if it took me almost four hours to drive there and coins and coins of parking money.I feel your pain and the fact that no one knows whats going on with their papers is basically whats causing all the comotion.Those forms are very expensive and sometimes they lose them and you end up having a closed case or a loong drag on your processing. Anyways, if you want to email me, feel free. Email: [email protected] you havent yet gotten your EAD card, go down there and they will be nice enough to give it to you.Its a wait though, but i guess its worth it for one day than the long drag of months upon months. Peace

Last edited by Tavia; Apr 21st 2004 at 5:19 am.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Did you guys jnow that you can go to WWW.USCIS.gov and register for online notification of all your pending cases. Don't know if it works or not bit it is a great idea.

Of course you still need to follow with the snail mail detritus but I do like the idea.

Good Luck!

Old Apr 21st 2004, 12:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katesuiter1
It's amazing. If anyone else made as many mistakes in their job as USCIS do with their updates, they'd be fired.

Unless they're working on the odd few strays which needed additional time to process, but if that's what's happening, they really shouldn't base their processing dates on those. The confusion is what makes people even more angry and impatient.

Kate. xxxxxx

I don't know if it is a mistake, Kate. I agree with your supposition in the last paragraph. They are suppose to list the oldest AOS date they are currently processing. For all we know, they could have found an old AOS form(s) that had not been processed previously and that someone finally is going to be adjudicating. If that is the case, then their dates would reflect this.

I know you guys are anxious and I've been there myself, but I think people place too much importance and emphasis on the reported dates. You (collective you) know that you are in the system and that your AOS petition will be acted upon in due course. Unless your district office is a six to eight month processing office and it is now month twelve and you haven't heard anything, those date reports serve no purpose other than to raise your blood pressure.

My advice would be to forget about checking the monthly date report or at least stop allowing it to make you angry and just continue living your life. You have your spouses, your work authorization and many have the advance parole for traveling.

Rete