New K3 EAD Rollcall

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 7:12 pm
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by roi
You mean to say im supose to wait so im in the SAVE system?

I didnt know, once i got my ead, next day applied for social......all went ok, i was given a reciept, n said be ok within 2 weeks......... maybe just lucky?

What is the SAVE System?
Roi,

I'm not sure exactly what the SAVE System is, but my husband applied for his ssn on 05 May and checked with Social Security on 28 May about his ssn. He was able to get the number via printout, but they said it would take another 2 weeks before he actually receives his card by mail.

So perhaps you can do the same thing in about 2 weeks if you haven't received your card. Just walk into the office and ask.
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 7:41 pm
roi
EAD Seeker!

roi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by NKA418
Roi,

I'm not sure exactly what the SAVE System is, but my husband applied for his ssn on 05 May and checked with Social Security on 28 May about his ssn. He was able to get the number via printout, but they said it would take another 2 weeks before he actually receives his card by mail.

So perhaps you can do the same thing in about 2 weeks if you haven't received your card. Just walk into the office and ask.
oh you mean when I apply for social security number, after a few days I should have the number? And in 2 weeks i should get the card right?

So before I get the card say within a week, i can call and ask for my ssn number which should at least be ready?
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 7:51 pm
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by roi
oh you mean when I apply for social security number, after a few days I should have the number? And in 2 weeks i should get the card right?

So before I get the card say within a week, i can call and ask for my ssn number which should at least be ready?
I'm not exactly sure how long it really takes. However if they're saying it's only going to take 2 weeks I'd wait it out and see. My husband was told it would take 1 1/2 months so that's why he waited 3 weeks before checking.

I guess if you have nothing else to do and the office is close by, it wouldn't hurt to go check it out after a week.

Let us know how it goes
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 7:58 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

roi,

SAVE is a USCIS database of information on the status of immigrants.

From the USCIS web site:
Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE).... The SAVE Program is responsible for administering programs involving customer access to information contained in the Verification Information System (VIS) database. This database is a nationally accessible database of selected immigration status information.

The SSA will not issue a SS card to an alien until they can verify through SAVE that the alien qualifies for the card.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by roi
You mean to say im supose to wait so im in the SAVE system?

I didnt know, once i got my ead, next day applied for social......all went ok, i was given a reciept, n said be ok within 2 weeks......... maybe just lucky?

What is the SAVE System?
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

roi,

You don't need a SS card (or an EAD) to apply for adjustment of status.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by roi
ok so today, my wife and i went and applied for social security, so thats all done........

so what next ? when i get it i shall apply for AOS , is that right?

just making sure

cheers,

roi
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:04 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by roi
i think you already know but I just got my ead today in the mail, good huh, pix, finger print n everything

I didn't know!!
Aww CONGRATULATIONS!!
Yipe!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Jun 2nd 2004 at 8:08 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:04 am
roi
EAD Seeker!

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I didn't know!!
Aww CONGRATULATIONS!!
Yipe!!
umm ok not too much congratulations but my date of birth is wrong on the EAD card...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I guess I just re-apply or wot...........?

any one have any idea?

thanks

roi
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 11:37 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
SAVE is a USCIS database of information on the status of immigrants.

The SSA will not issue a SS card to an alien until they can verify through SAVE that the alien qualifies for the card.
So should we ask the SS office to check the SAVE before applying for Simon's SS#? Or is there another way to check?

Last edited by Simon&Vik; Jun 10th 2004 at 7:23 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 3:50 pm

S & V,

The SSA office will check SAVE 'on-the-spot' when Simon hands in his application.

Does Simon have his EAD yet?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
So should we ask the SS office to check the SAVE before applying for Simon's SS#? Or is there another way to check?
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:43 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Does Simon have his EAD yet?
No, we go for his Interum next Thurs (day 92).

And he's got an interview TOMORROW! WOO! And I'm having him take printouts of http://www.ssa.gov/employer/hiring.htm & http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/ead.htm, as well as his NOA1 to show the date on that so they can see why were are confident in knowing when he will be legal to work.

Last edited by Simon&Vik; Jun 4th 2004 at 10:52 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 10:52 pm
roi
EAD Seeker!

There was an error on my ead, dob, and it needs to be sent back for correction, do you think I can get an interim while the other one is being sent for correction?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

sequoia is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to the SSA today, three weeks after getting my interim EAD.
… and here is what happened. I went up to the lady, gave her my passport, EAD and my filled out form for the SSN. She took it all, and spent about 10 min typing up something in her computer. Then when she was finally finished with all that she gave me a printout to sign, and told me that she would need verification from INS (well actually that would be USCIS…. But who cares?) and that that would take about 3 weeks and after that about another 2 weeks for the card to be mailed to me. I asked her if I was still not listed in the SAVE system, but she just replied “ How come that you know about the SAVE system?� …. It was very strange, but I now assume that I was still not listed in the SAVE system, but how can that be after 3 weeks of waiting? She kept my application though, but I didn’t get any kind of receipt…. Is that normal?
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:44 am
roi
EAD Seeker!

Originally posted by sequoia
I went to the SSA today, three weeks after getting my interim EAD.
… and here is what happened. I went up to the lady, gave her my passport, EAD and my filled out form for the SSN. She took it all, and spent about 10 min typing up something in her computer. Then when she was finally finished with all that she gave me a printout to sign, and told me that she would need verification from INS (well actually that would be USCIS…. But who cares?) and that that would take about 3 weeks and after that about another 2 weeks for the card to be mailed to me. I asked her if I was still not listed in the SAVE system, but she just replied “ How come that you know about the SAVE system?� …. It was very strange, but I now assume that I was still not listed in the SAVE system, but how can that be after 3 weeks of waiting? She kept my application though, but I didn’t get any kind of receipt…. Is that normal?
That is very strange and what is even stranger the woman asking you of how do did you know about the save system....man they really take us for dumbs ai? Oh perhaps she was just suprised, hehe, this immigration thing I swear can be a treal test on onces patient, etc, grrrrr id rather lie on the beach back in Fiji and wait for everythign there......
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:22 pm
Together at last!

We got the Interum EAD today in Indy!

Details here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=235644

We were there about an hour, maybe a little less. But we were prepared. The kid had Gameboy + book. I had 3 books (didn't know what I'd be in the mood for ). Simon had 1 book (on the fall of the Roman Empire or something).

Since he's already had a job interview, we're gonna go ahead & apply for the SS# so he can hopefully get something showing that he's got one pending to show to his hopefully potenial employer.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:58 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
We got the Interum EAD today in Indy!

Details here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=235644

We were there about an hour, maybe a little less. But we were prepared. The kid had Gameboy + book. I had 3 books (didn't know what I'd be in the mood for ). Simon had 1 book (on the fall of the Roman Empire or something).

Since he's already had a job interview, we're gonna go ahead & apply for the SS# so he can hopefully get something showing that he's got one pending to show to his hopefully potenial employer.

CONGRATS-BUT remember, it's not the be all end all to have an SSN upon applying for a job. We waited the advised 2 weeks AFTER getting interim to apply for his SSN and that was actually after he had just started work. He got the SSN number after the two weeks and gave it to the employer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.