New K3 EAD Rollcall

Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

davewilliams will become famous soon enoughdavewilliams will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just wanted to add mine to the list.

Originally posted by cindyabs
Unfortunately I don't know an answer to that. I sent them a personal check as I had on my previous 129F application and had no problem.
If they've signed for it (keep that paper!!!) that means that they have received it and supposidly their duty is to open the mail the day it is received.
This is that I think may cause a delay:
I dare say they have a bit of a backlog with the holidays-reduced working hours and staff and also it seems they have been "helping out" other service centers, ie TSC. Probably they didn't get back up to snuff until the 5th. If what I think is valid, , then you should be hearing something very soon.

Fingers crossed for you,
This sucks - the USPS won't check on a money order until 90 days after it was sent, then they'll only check whether it was cashed and refund it if not. No protection against it being cashed by the wrong person (not that that could happen here).

Last time I use one of those

Dave
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:41 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by davewilliams
This sucks - the USPS won't check on a money order until 90 days after it was sent, then they'll only check whether it was cashed and refund it if not. No protection against it being cashed by the wrong person (not that that could happen here).

Last time I use one of those

Dave

Ah well Dave, lesson learned, onward and upward. I still think that you hear something soon, certainly before you have to try and see if money order cashed!!!
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:52 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Adding another hopeful to the list:

Black Label 15 July 14 Nov
>
> NYC/Cnda 18 Aug 24 Nov
>
> Maggs 26 Aug 14 Nov
>
> Hung Dao 29 Aug 17 Nov

> Lizzie1977 02 Sep 05/08 Jan 04

> Venkimani 09 Sep 28 Nov
>
> Bree Bree 10 Sep 28 Nov
>
> Cacti 15 Sep 1 Dec
>
> rcoloyan 18 Sep 28 Nov

>jongsoon 23 Sep 06 Nov

> Berga 27 Sep 18 Nov

Speedyvespa 30 Sept 15 Dec

> Linti2002 06 Oct

> Cindyabs 07 Oct

EricL 29 Oct

Sthrnshrte 03 Dec

NKA418 30 Dec

davewilliams ?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:59 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cindy and everyone

Just thought I'd ask how everyone is getting on. Any news on your husbands EAD yet? If not I hope it comes soon and also anyone else waiting.

Maggie
Old Jan 14th 2004, 4:19 pm
Sursum corda

Originally posted by Maggs
Hi Cindy and everyone

Just thought I'd ask how everyone is getting on. Any news on your husbands EAD yet? If not I hope it comes soon and also anyone else waiting.

Maggie

Hey Maggie
Thanks for asking, and no no change yet, . Haven't heard anything from anyone else. Was thinking that with Mark's NOA just a week before mine and him finally being approved (on the other thread) that maybe, just maybe good news soon?
Have run out of things to cross,
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

speedyvespa is on a distinguished road

Hey Maggie
Thanks for asking, and no no change yet, . Haven't heard anything from anyone else. Was thinking that with Mark's NOA just a week before mine and him finally being approved (on the other thread) that maybe, just maybe good news soon?
Have run out of things to cross,
I'm sure you will be, Cindy! I will feel somewhat awful if you aren't - let's hope that the BCIS can at least appear to be fair sometimes!

- Mark
Old Jan 15th 2004, 2:34 am
Sursum corda

Originally posted by speedyvespa
I'm sure you will be, Cindy! I will feel somewhat awful if you aren't - let's hope that the BCIS can at least appear to be fair sometimes!

- Mark

Aw bless Mark! It is what it is, perhaps karma or whatever, after all we did get our K3 in just under two months compared to some of these folks now, so seems fair I guess to run into a stumbling block. After all it can't get too easy now can it-where would be the challenge, the adventure, the anti-acid meds, the lack of grey hairs, !!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

After all it can't get too easy now can it-where would be the challenge, the adventure, the anti-acid meds, the lack of grey hairs, !!!
Too true! Since being here, I've started to develop the 'badger' look myself. I'm only 33!!!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:29 am
Sursum corda

Too true! Since being here, I've started to develop the 'badger' look myself. I'm only 33!!!

Well last night we decided to bite the bullet and get DH a plane ticket to Atlanta to get an EAD from them. It will probably work like the old washing your car scenario-get the car washed and it rains, . Still we are getting down to the wire financially, . Also the grocery here in town is looking for night stockers. Ideally he could get the EAD, SSN and work a job like that as a stopgap and not feel badly about leaving it to (hopefully) get something better. Also he still needs to get his SSN before his driver's license I could chauffeur him for a night job easier then a daytime one without interfering with my working.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

davewilliams will become famous soon enoughdavewilliams will become famous soon enough

Well last night we decided to bite the bullet and get DH a plane ticket to Atlanta to get an EAD from them. It will probably work like the old washing your car scenario-get the car washed and it rains, . Still we are getting down to the wire financially, . Also the grocery here in town is looking for night stockers. Ideally he could get the EAD, SSN and work a job like that as a stopgap and not feel badly about leaving it to (hopefully) get something better. Also he still needs to get his SSN before his driver's license I could chauffeur him for a night job easier then a daytime one without interfering with my working.
Hi Cindy, hope this goes nice and smoothly. I'm sure it will.

Dave
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone know if Chicago have a direct phone number or if I need to go through the National Centre?

Thanks
Dave
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:26 pm
Sursum corda

Originally posted by davewilliams
Does anyone know if Chicago have a direct phone number or if I need to go through the National Centre?

Thanks
Dave

Thanks for the previous post Dave. NO, there is no direct number for NBC which is where Chicago forwards on the EAD apps to. It's kind of hard to figure out just which portion of Chicago opens the mail which is I guess what you want to find out as to IF they got your app and money order. The only thing I can think of is calling the National Center and asking them if they can relay a message to find out for you? That;s what they've done in the past for people trying to get answers out of NBC or MSC.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Got my EAD card in the post today! We're celebrating right now by eating tortilla chips. We know how to party in this house! Hurrah! Now I can go and rejoin the rat race! Hurrah! Toot!

And there was much rejoicing.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

SirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud of

Got my EAD card in the post today! We're celebrating right now by eating tortilla chips. We know how to party in this house! Hurrah! Now I can go and rejoin the rat race! Hurrah! Toot!

And there was much rejoicing.
Mark,
Good, now march down to the local SSA on Tuesday (Monday's a holiday). You are a real wild child! Now I know who to ask for suggestions when it comes time for us to party down, !!!!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the previous post Dave. NO, there is no direct number for NBC which is where Chicago forwards on the EAD apps to. It's kind of hard to figure out just which portion of Chicago opens the mail which is I guess what you want to find out as to IF they got your app and money order. The only thing I can think of is calling the National Center and asking them if they can relay a message to find out for you? That;s what they've done in the past for people trying to get answers out of NBC or MSC.
Finally got the first NOA!!!

This sucks though - Despite signing for the Fedex package on 28th December, the NOA date is January 16th. I was under the impression that the Service Centres were supposed to receipt these immediately, and this adds nearly another three weeks to the time before I can work.

Anyway, another date to add to the rollcall.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.