Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Need suggestion for K1 Interview 16yrs age Diff.

Need suggestion for K1 Interview 16yrs age Diff.

Old Jun 30th 2005, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

helenneyaz will become famous soon enoughhelenneyaz will become famous soon enough
Default Need suggestion for K1 Interview 16yrs age Diff.

Dear Friends ,

My name is Bobby and my Finacee name is Helen( US Citizen). I am 33 yrs( Going to be 34 on 27th August) and helen is 50 yrs . So we have almost 16 yrs age difference. My K1 interview is on 25th July 2005 at US Embassy in Abudhbai, UAE .I am originally from India, but working here in dubai as computer engineer. I saw a few discussion on here for K1- visa denial at interview with case of age difference between older woman and younger man .

Kindly give your suggestion and interview experiences with age difference of older women and younger men .

Is this good idea if Helen also attends interview with me to show how much we care for each other? Will it affect the Consular while issuing the Visa ?

About us:
we met online on July 2003 , being very close freind till July 2004, we fell in love to each other, as we were so used to each other and share lots of emotions .She visited to see me in November 2004 , we filed I-129F petition in February 2005 2nd week, got approval in May 2005 .

PLzzz give your suggestions. I have posted the same in visajourney.com and taking advices from those members there also .
Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need suggestion for K1 Interview 16yrs age Diff.

Hi Bobby,

I know of one other couple with your same age difference, he is from India as well. They married and filed in India, so a different path than you are taking, but other than India giving them a bit of a hassle over the age difference, they didn't have any real problems.

A visa can't be denied on the basis of age, but it can certainly raise more questions for the ConOff to ask, and perheps add more investigation to the case to make sure it's not fraud.

By the way, my husband is 14 years younger than I am. He's Iranian, we did his K-1 visa interview in Turkey, and had no problems at all receiving the visa. When we arrived at JFK, when the Officer opened our sealed Immigration Packet, I saw in big red letters right on the first page, someone had written "14 year age difference" and circled it. It wasn't mentioned at the interview, but it certainly didn't go unnoticed.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:00 am
Just Joined

tomasbo will become famous soon enoughtomasbo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by helenneyaz
Dear Friends ,

My name is Bobby and my Finacee name is Helen( US Citizen). I am 33 yrs( Going to be 34 on 27th August) and helen is 50 yrs . So we have almost 16 yrs age difference. My K1 interview is on 25th July 2005 at US Embassy in Abudhbai, UAE .I am originally from India, but working here in dubai as computer engineer. I saw a few discussion on here for K1- visa denial at interview with case of age difference between older woman and younger man .

Well Bobby your post prompted me to register. I've been lurking here for a while but you hit on a sensitive subject close to my own situation.

You said that it's been discussed here and elsewhere a few times and that others have had difficulty (denials)the cause of which was attributed to age differences and so I did a forum search and only hit on your thread.

Perhaps it's only in your own head that a difference in age would matter at the time of interview.

I for one don't believe that it matters and I'm certain that it cannot be used as a factor against you (given that you're of legal marrying age).
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:26 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomasbo
Well Bobby your post prompted me to register. I've been lurking here for a while but you hit on a sensitive subject close to my own situation.

You said that it's been discussed here and elsewhere a few times and that others have had difficulty (denials)the cause of which was attributed to age differences and so I did a forum search and only hit on your thread.

Perhaps it's only in your own head that a difference in age would matter at the time of interview.

I for one don't believe that it matters and I'm certain that it cannot be used as a factor against you (given that you're of legal marrying age).
Actually it can be a problem. The ConOff has absolute power and can find something to make the approval difficult to obtain. Look at Jaci with her husband in Romania. The ConOff has refused them once for the K-1 and then refused to allow them to direct consular filing after their marriage. While eventually they will be approved, the wait can be years until that day.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
By the way, my husband is 14 years younger than I am.
Cradle robber!

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Cradle robber!

Ian
hehehehe....it's ok, I made sure he was over the cradle age when I nabbed him.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:48 am
Just Joined

karo will become famous soon enoughkaro will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Need suggestion for K1 Interview 16yrs age Diff.

Hi!
My hubby's age and mine differ also greately (not that we care about it, but others do). When I went to my K1 interview in Frankfurt/Germany, the consular employee interviewed me and told me in a very rude way that she did not believe me that I actually know my hubby, although I had presented them with alot of evidence. I was first upset and then shocked when she told me that if we can not submit more eveidence our application would be denied. I bet that our age difference was the reason. So, I called my hubby and asked him to fax all the e-mails that we have ever exchanged and anything he could think of such as cards, notes etc. Next day, he faxed over 100 pages to the US consulate. When he called them up the next day to confirm that they have received the stuff word had spread around about the number of pages and the consular officers were joking with him over the phone. I got my visa a week later. So my advice is: bring everything you have that connects the two of you, even if it seems insignificant. Good luck!!!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 9:37 am
Just Joined

helenneyaz will become famous soon enoughhelenneyaz will become famous soon enough

Rene - I have seen your discussion earlier, and it gave me cofidence to attend the interview . I like suggestions also that will it affect consular if helen also attend the interview with me, and how can I make the sure in advance that embassy people let helen enter inside at the time of interview ?
By requesintg through email ??
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:23 am
Just Joined

business+ is a jewel in the roughbusiness+ is a jewel in the roughbusiness+ is a jewel in the roughbusiness+ is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Need suggestion for K1 Interview 16yrs age Diff.

Very interesting topic. Soon I have to attend interview here in USA with my wife and she is older than me as well. I really don’t care what they going to say, because I think age difference is our own “problem� not theirs. I think we have more than enough prove to show our marriage is real but you never know with them. Honestly I don’t think they can deny someone based on age difference. I‘m guessing, most of the fraud marriages out there are between the people close to their age, so they don’t cause close attention. Anyway, they can ask me anything about my wife I will know the answer, same with her. So you guys, that are in the same situation, I don’t think we should be worried. We enter our marriage in a good faith, and we fall in love with the person, our hart didn’t ID them , so enjoy your life and lets hope that someone out there will not spoil our happiness.
Cao,
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:57 am
Banned

Katikati will become famous soon enoughKatikati will become famous soon enough

I never knew age was a factor. My friend who is blk just married a white lady almost 30 years older than he is (he is 31 and she is like 60). Will this be a problem?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:04 pm
Eric S.

I don't think she'll have a problem getting in because she is a US citizen.
But it would hurt to check with the consulate ahead of time.

- Eric S.

"helenneyaz" <member40685@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> Dear Friends ,
    >> My name is Bobby and my Finacee name is Helen( US Citizen). I am 33
    >> yrs( Going to be 34 on 27th August) and helen is 50 yrs . So we have
    >> almost 16 yrs age difference. My K1 interview is on 25th July 2005 at
    >> US Embassy in Abudhbai, UAE .I am originally from India, but working
    >> here in dubai as computer engineer. I saw a few discussion on here for
    >> K1- visa denial at interview with case of age difference between
    >> older woman and younger man .
    >> Kindly give your suggestion and interview experiences with age
    >> difference of older women and younger men .
    >> Is this good idea if Helen also attends interview with me to show how
    >> much we care for each other? Will it affect the Consular while
    >> issuing the Visa ?
    >> About us:
    >> we met online on July 2003 , being very close freind till July
    >> 2004, we fell in love to each other, as we were so used to each
    >> other and share lots of emotions .She visited to see me in November
    >> 2004 , we filed I-129F petition in February 2005 2nd week, got
    >> approval in May 2005 .
    >> PLzzz give your suggestions. I have posted the same in visajourney.com
    >> and taking advices from those members there also .
    > Rene - I have seen your discussion earlier, and it gave me cofidence to
    > attend the interview . I like suggestions also that will it affect
    > consular if helen also attend the interview with me, and how can I make
    > the sure in advance that embassy people let helen enter inside at the
    > time of interview ?
    > By requesintg through email ??
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

tomasbo will become famous soon enoughtomasbo will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: Need suggestion for K1 Interview 16yrs age Diff.

Originally Posted by Katikati
I never knew age was a factor. My friend who is blk just married a white lady almost 30 years older than he is (he is 31 and she is like 60). Will this be a problem?
Well, it shouldn't be but apparently it is....If I'm reading all this correctly there are some CON OFFS that will make moral judgements concerning the relationship you have with your significant other. The rationale they apply is to prevent immigration fraud, I suppose?

Jeeze loooweeze, don't we have enough to worry about without this kind of crap?

BTW, this is not my first marriage to a foreign born bride. My first wife, now in heaven, got her visa in *three* weeks at the Manila Consulate!!!

There was NO B.S. back then (over 20 years ago).....

What in the world happened to this process? We now have "Service Centers" in 4 or 5 places in the US and it now takes *months/years* to get a visa?

SAD, very SAD.... Is this what we pay our government for?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:30 pm
Banned

Katikati will become famous soon enoughKatikati will become famous soon enough

so is it different when people are in the US or does it just apply to Consulates abroad?

This is a very weird way for them to view people. They may need to lay out such policies in writing instead of ambushing people with stereotypes that have no basis. What has age got to do with anything?

Can someone please explain how age would be a factor in how genuine a marriage is?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenneyaz
Rene - I have seen your discussion earlier, and it gave me cofidence to attend the interview . I like suggestions also that will it affect consular if helen also attend the interview with me, and how can I make the sure in advance that embassy people let helen enter inside at the time of interview ?
By requesintg through email ??

You can request it and she can attempt on the day of the interview to enter with you. Most times there is no problem. However, there are some that will not allow the US Citizen into the Consulate to attend the interview. After all, you have to realize that it is the foreign fiancee being interviewed and they need to ascertain whether or not there is fraud on your part in this relationship. Much harder to discover this if the USC is with you. This is perhaps one reason why in Lagos the USC cannot attend.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomasbo
Is this what we pay our government for?
I've heard that USCIS is specifically funded by a off-shore multiconglomerate bent on demoralizing US citizens with inefficient methods and rude employees. The goal, from what I understand, is to eliminate immigration to the US in favor of immigration to so-called "third world" countries that could genuinely benefit from having a greater tax-paying population.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.