Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Need to know timelines!!!! Urgent!

Need to know timelines!!!! Urgent!

Old May 13th 2003, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

lesres is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need to know timelines!!!! Urgent!

Please tell me what your exactly time lines were from date petition filed to date petition approved and date you got visa. Especially if you are filing in the Texas office!
Old May 13th 2003, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need to know timelines!!!! Urgent!

Originally posted by lesres
Please tell me what your exactly time lines were from date petition filed to date petition approved and date you got visa. Especially if you are filing in the Texas office!
Here's my timeline below. Note that this is not normal processing time for Texas.

Kari
Old May 13th 2003, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why is this urgent? And what visa are you talking about? The timeline varies from visa to visa and US Consulate to US Consulate. Someone else's timeline is not going to be yours and can only be used as a guideline not an absolute.

Rete
Old May 13th 2003, 12:48 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Also depends on if it's fiance(e) or spouse.
Old May 13th 2003, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Reason urgency is that when we original filed the fiancee visa petition in January we received a letter from the Texas office stating 60-90 days processing time back Feb 6th then a month ago they change the processing time to 150-180 days. We had already booked our wedding by this stage and as it stands the visa won't come through in time.

I'm upset, I'm fed up, I hate the INS or whatever they've changed their name to these days.

I'm a British citizen who doesn't really care about being a citizen. All I want is to marry my fiance in two months time and live with him peacefully as his wife.

*APOLOGIES!* Comment removed!

Now that my rant is over I just need to find out if the Texas office knows what it's talking about and if anyone can share their experience. So for the rant!

Last edited by lesres; May 13th 2003 at 1:44 pm.
Old May 13th 2003, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

This attitude really sickens me. You are supposed to get some special treatment since you are British and Britian supported our 'war' this time around? Ok, by that account you would be accepting if Belgium, France, or Germany make it harder for you to travel or work there? Please wait in line like everyone else.

Immigration in this country is (thankfully) not judged on transient international relationships.

Immigrants should be judged on their own merits, period.

What sickens me the most is that my fiance is an American Veteran of the last Gulf war and Britain has been American's only ally this time around. Seems that doesn't count for anything.
Old May 13th 2003, 1:23 pm
Life is good!

Tbone is an unknown quantity at this point

What sickens me the most is that my fiance is an American Veteran of the last Gulf war and Britain has been American's only ally this time around. Seems that doesn't count for anything.
Sorry, I know we're getting off the topic, but I just have to say this: Britain wasn't America's *only* ally in the war. Australian troops were there dodging bullets alongside the US and British guys. I know there weren't as many of them, and thankfully not one of them was killed, but I'm still proud of them and proud to be Australian.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Anthony
Old May 13th 2003, 1:29 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tbone
Sorry, I know we're getting off the topic, but I just have to say this: Britain wasn't America's *only* ally in the war. Australian troops were there dodging bullets alongside the US and British guys. I know there weren't as many of them, and thankfully not one of them was killed, but I'm still proud of them and proud to be Australian.

Anthony
Good on ya mate! Thanks for the support!
Old May 13th 2003, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

UK Isabelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Reason urgency is that when we original filed the fiancee visa petition in January we received a letter from the Texas office stating 60-90 days processing time back Feb 6th then a month ago they change the processing time to 150-180 days. We had already booked our wedding by this stage and as it stands the visa won't come through in time.

I'm upset, I'm fed up, I hate the INS or whatever they've changed their name to these days.

I'm a British citizen who doesn't really care about being a citizen. All I want is to marry my fiance in two months time and live with him peacefully as his wife.

Now that my rant is over I just need to find out if the Texas office knows what it's talking about and if anyone can share their experience. So for the rant!
I agree with DCMark that there shouldn't be preferential treatment for anyone just because their country happened to support the USA at a given moment in time.

However on a practical level, if your 1st NOA says 60-90 days on the letter received from the TSC, then that is the timeline that applies to your case, whatever appears now on the BCIS website. If you haven't been approved within that timeframe, your fiancé is perfectly entitled to call on his representatives, go and protest at the TSC etc. to get them to do their job within the timeframe they had orgininally told you. For further information, I would refer you to Stephen Palik's website or the TSC Complaint Group website.

Good Luck.

Isabelle
Old May 13th 2003, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Or Poland for that matter.

They are 'administering' N. Iraq now too.

Didn't we fight a few wars with England anyway. I mean, yeah they helped us on this imperialitic jaunt, but didn't they once try to own us? I saw throw those birts out!

joking of course.

Originally posted by Tbone

Anthony
Old May 13th 2003, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

I would check this group out
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ourcomplaints_tsc/

Kari
Old May 13th 2003, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Default Apologises!

I apologise for my comment and I have removed it. I know that no one should be given priority. I'm just very frustrated and shouldn't be saying things out of frustration. Please accept my apologise if I've offended anyone.

I'm at my wits end and no one seems to tell us anything. I appreciate your help and advise! I've spent the morning in tears!I know it's no excuse! Please excuse the comment!
Old May 13th 2003, 1:59 pm
Sursum corda

Originally posted by UK Isabelle
I agree with DCMark that there shouldn't be preferential treatment for anyone just because their country happened to support the USA at a given moment in time.

However on a practical level, if your 1st NOA says 60-90 days on the letter received from the TSC, then that is the timeline that applies to your case, whatever appears now on the BCIS website. If you haven't been approved within that timeframe, your fiancé is perfectly entitled to call on his representatives, go and protest at the TSC etc. to get them to do their job within the timeframe they had orgininally told you. For further information, I would refer you to Stephen Palik's website or the TSC Complaint Group website.

Good Luck.

Isabelle
When is the wedding date?
Old May 13th 2003, 2:02 pm
Life is good!

Tbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Apologises!

Apology accepted. I know just how frustrating this must be for you. Unfortunately, in this forum, you're "preaching to the choir". However, you don't have to just sit there and take it. Although I don't have first-hand experience of this, many people here have had success by contacting their local congressperson (is that a word?). I don't know if it applies to K1 petitions, and your fiance would have to do it, but it might still make you feel better.

Just a thought...

Anthony

I apologise for my comment and I have removed it.
Old May 13th 2003, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Cindy - Wedding is July 11th. I wish the visa would come together the way the wedding has. It's going to be beautiful! It's at an old plantation house in Louisiana.

Anthony thank you for your encouragement. My finance contacted his congress man yesterday that's the main reason I wanted other people's timelines, if there's a really problem here then this may benefit future applicates. The more information we have the better!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.