Reload this Page >

need help with information about K1

Wikiposts

need help with information about K1

Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by robclews
That’s good but I’m still confused, it appears from your post that your fiancé has never filed his paperwork with London. The I-134 is something he will take to the Embassy as supporting documentation for his interview, and not something that should be sent to the Embassy, there are express instructions about this on their website, you should look it up.

Forget the lawyer, I can’t see how this can be the Embassy fault if your fiancé has never sent in his application for a K1 visa. Ok the Embassy should have sent the forms required upon receipt of the I-129f approval notice from the Service Center, but I really do think you should take the initiative here, obtain the forms and send them by recorded delivery straight away.

Rob
Always send mail to the embassy via registered mail so you know it has arived. It sounds like one of two things have happened:
1. It got lost in the post and you don't know about it, this does happened and happened to me, though I did get registered mail so I knew it was lost. Or
2. Your man never sent the stuff in. In which case it is no fault of the embassy because as a rule they generally can't work on applications they don't recive.

Good luck
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:13 am
Just Joined

megridler is an unknown quantity at this point

im sorry if i sound stupid but what forms are you suggesting?
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi Rob,
If it's been a year since their approval, I believe that that makes the petition null and void and they'd have to refile, doesn't it? Unless you filed for an extension with the consulate (which they obviously didn't), the petition approval is only valid for four months, I think. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (day 138, NSC)
5/29/03 1st NOA
I really can't understand how anyone could let something like this drift by for a year, what makes it harder to understand is that the London Embassy is involved, an embassy that is normally so very efficient and responsive to peoples correspondence.

Somehow I am beginning to have an uneasy feeling about this post, in view of all the Trolls visiting lately I am beginning to have my doubts on this one. Although the story seems to have consistency in some areas, it’s pretty vague in others, I think I will leave it alone now !!

Rob
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:16 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by megridler
im sorry if i sound stupid but what forms are you suggesting?
Take a look at Kate's post earlier in the thread in which she details the contents of packet three and four.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (Day 138, NSC)
5/29/03 1st NOA
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:18 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really can't understand how anyone could let something like this drift by for a year, what makes it harder to understand is that the London Embassy is involved, an embassy that is normally so very efficient and responsive to peoples correspondence.

Somehow I am beginning to have an uneasy feeling about this post, in view of all the Trolls visiting lately I am beginning to have my doubts on this one. Although the story seems to have consistency in some areas, it’s pretty vague in others, I think I will leave it alone now !!

Rob
I too, am getting a whiff of wool. Hate to say that, as everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, but I'm backing off too.

Kate. xxxxxx
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:19 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Rob
At the risk of sounding paranoid, I'm willing to agree with you.....but answered anyway, in the hopes that she's sincere about needing help. Even if "she's" trolling, we've supplied a general outline of the process here which could be helpful to someone.

~SecretGarden
5/29/03 1st NOA
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:19 am
Just Joined

gee thanks..
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:20 am
Just Joined

i am not trolling or whatever that is...i have the papers right in front of me..i am sorry i wasted your time..
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:24 am

i am not trolling or whatever that is...i have the papers right in front of me..i am sorry i wasted your time..
Which forms do you have?

Kate.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your help anyway. Now we know where things were screwed up and can go from there.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:28 am
Just Joined

i have a receipt from INS office of Nebraska. Our case number is LIN-02-184-..... I have an approval notice that was filed for london. and i have copies of the Affidavit of support.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:32 am
The Missus

i have a receipt from INS office of Nebraska. Our case number is LIN-02-184-..... I have an approval notice that was filed for london. and i have copies of the Affidavit of support.
What's the date on your second NOA? The approval for the I129f is only valid for four months from that date if I'm not mistaken. In cases where the embassy takes longer than that to issue the interview date and grant the visa, you can ask for an extension of the approval validity. If it's been a year, my suspicion is that you're going to have to go back into the pool again. Might want to consult a competent immigration attorney on this one.

~SecretGarden
5/29/03 1st NOA
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:36 am
Just Joined

My notice was up 1-3-2003 and we called the London COnsulate about this and the women that answered our call said that there would be an extension as long as we needed it.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:43 am
The Missus

My notice was up 1-3-2003 and we called the London COnsulate about this and the women that answered our call said that there would be an extension as long as we needed it.
But I'm still confused. What do *you* need the extension for? You had a valid approval----what was the hold up in getting the checklist and interview date set up? If it was an issue of background checks, those are done before you even get your petition approved. Time to really start rattling some cages over there. Make sure that when you talk to someone, you get either their name, operator number, or both if they will give it to you. Before you hang up, repeat everything they just told you in order to clarify. You need to start taking some initiative and sorting out what went wrong and how to correct it.

(I realize that this won't work for the 800-misinformation line in the states, but perhaps London is different.......sigh........)

~SecretGarden
5/29/03 1st NOA
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:45 am

I can't imagine anyone waiting a year for security checks to clear, unless their last name was bin Laden. If you're calling London on a regular basis and they're giving you the brush off, it really needs to be dealt with by people higher up.

Kate. xxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.