need help with information about K1

Wikiposts

need help with information about K1

Old Oct 13th 2003, 2:35 am
Just Joined

megridler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help with information about K1

hello all,
My fiancee and I filed for the K1 finacee visa march 13, 2002. My side has gone through since sept 13, 2002. I am a US citizen and Steve is British. We are still waiting for the British embassy in London to contact Steve about his heath check and such. It will be two years in which we have waited on the March 13 anniversary. STeve has no criminal backround , is educated, and has a good job, why is it taking so long? We are about at our wits end. He has been here (ohio) twice and i just got back from a stay in England. Has anyone else had to wait so long? And i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i could get a work permit for england so i could stay there until we get the marriage visa. Would it be possible to marry while i am over there and then come back to the US? WHy is it so easy for everyone else?
im desperate for any help>>
thanks, megan
Old Oct 13th 2003, 2:42 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need help with information about K1

Originally posted by megridler
hello all,
My fiancee and I filed for the K1 finacee visa march 13, 2002. My side has gone through since sept 13, 2002. I am a US citizen and Steve is British. We are still waiting for the British embassy in London to contact Steve about his heath check and such. It will be two years in which we have waited on the March 13 anniversary. STeve has no criminal backround , is educated, and has a good job, why is it taking so long? We are about at our wits end. He has been here (ohio) twice and i just got back from a stay in England. Has anyone else had to wait so long? And i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i could get a work permit for england so i could stay there until we get the marriage visa. Would it be possible to marry while i am over there and then come back to the US? WHy is it so easy for everyone else?
thanks, megan
WOW!! That sounds like an awful long time for London to contact him. By the looks of it, he needs to contact the London Embassy right away and find out if they have anything there for him.

The fastest way is via email:

[email protected]

You might also want to contact the freephone number for USCIS and ask if the Service Center forwarded your case to London. It may have gotten lost along the way.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Oct 13th 2003, 2:54 am
Just Joined

i sent them an email. We have contacted the LOndon Embassy more than 5 times over the course of the year and all they can tell us , is that it is "in process". Whatever that means
Old Oct 13th 2003, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds weird to me, i can't believe for one minute that London would leave someone hanging around for that long.

Phone them again and again until you get an answer..........in progress is not a satisfactory answer.

Rob
Old Oct 13th 2003, 3:41 am
Just Joined

i dont know what to do i am out of ideas. I wish now i would have known to get a lawyer. I should just live in Britain.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 3:48 am

Have you thought about contacting your Congress rep? They might be able to help. Tell them the situation, and if they're anything like Corey's rep, they'll get onto it right away.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

hello all,
thanks, megan
You say your side has been approved but have you had an approval notice from the service center that handled your application?

Once the London Embassy has been notified of your approval by the service center, he will be sent his packet 4, included in that is an interview date. Has he sent his forms into London yet ? The health checks are carried out on the day of the interview so there is nothing he has to do before that.

If he hasn't sent anything into London yet then he won't get called for his interview.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:07 am
Just Joined

which packet is packet 4
Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

which packet is packet 4
Interview date, medical questionnaire.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:47 am

which packet is packet 4
Packet 4 is the one with the interview appointment letter, which Rob has already stated. It also includes a paystub for the fee payable at Barclays bank.

Packet 3 is the set of forms your fiance should've received first from the Embassy. This is the packet with the DS-156, the DS-156K etc, etc. It doesn't sound like he's filled anything out from London, though.

You really do need to contact someone higher up, like your rep. They can find out more than us a lot of the time, and at least you'll have the knowledge that it's being dealt with by people who can really help.

Kate. xxxxxx
Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I think it would help if you mentioned exactly what you have done up to now. You don't mention the service centre you went through, what your fiancé has sent to London if anything and with those omissions it's difficult for anyone here to understand where the problem lies. If you give us more background we might be able to offer more help.

Rob
Old Oct 14th 2003, 2:56 am
Just Joined

ok here goes...
We filed for the K1 fiancee visa May 13, 2002 I have a receipt here that says it went through Sept 13, 2002. Then we had to file Affidavit of Support I-134 in October, I sent it to him in Gloucester and he sent it to london. They sent us a receipt and said they would get back to us. In the meantime, i called The INS service center for my jurisdiction (ohio) which is Nebraska, they said that all the necessary paperwork was filed and there was nothing we could do on this end all would have to be filed with London. That was about a year ago. We have called the embassy a dozen times for information about our case and steve went there once and could get no help. We were told we would have to wait our turn. We have been waiting for a criminal backround check and a call for the medical. I was never told about any packet 3 or 4 and they never sent us anything about it. I was just surfing the net for some answers and found this place. I called a lawyer and he said since it was the embassy's fault for not sending us paperwork, they could fix it. Steve is calling this week to find out what we are supposed to do. My dad said he will lend me the money to go back over and make a trip to london ourselves. If they cant do anything about it, I have all the receipts and copies of the paperwork filed. Steve is going to ask them about filing for a K3. We dont want to live in the UK, because my parents are here. Is this what you wanted?
Old Oct 14th 2003, 2:58 am
Just Joined

oh i emailed my state representive Ted strickland like you said and am waiting for a reply.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

ok here goes...
We filed for the K1 fiancee visa May 13, 2002 I have a receipt here that says it went through Sept 13, 2002. Then we had to file Affidavit of Support I-134 in October, I sent it to him in Gloucester and he sent it to london. They sent us a receipt and said they would get back to us. In the meantime, i called The INS service center for my jurisdiction (ohio) which is Nebraska, they said that all the necessary paperwork was filed and there was nothing we could do on this end all would have to be filed with London. That was about a year ago. We have called the embassy a dozen times for information about our case and steve went there once and could get no help. We were told we would have to wait our turn. We have been waiting for a criminal backround check and a call for the medical. I was never told about any packet 3 or 4 and they never sent us anything about it. I was just surfing the net for some answers and found this place. I called a lawyer and he said since it was the embassy's fault for not sending us paperwork, they could fix it. Steve is calling this week to find out what we are supposed to do. My dad said he will lend me the money to go back over and make a trip to london ourselves. If they cant do anything about it, I have all the receipts and copies of the paperwork filed. Steve is going to ask them about filing for a K3. We dont want to live in the UK, because my parents are here. Is this what you wanted?
That’s good but I’m still confused, it appears from your post that your fiancé has never filed his paperwork with London. The I-134 is something he will take to the Embassy as supporting documentation for his interview, and not something that should be sent to the Embassy, there are express instructions about this on their website, you should look it up.

Forget the lawyer, I can’t see how this can be the Embassy fault if your fiancé has never sent in his application for a K1 visa. Ok the Embassy should have sent the forms required upon receipt of the I-129f approval notice from the Service Center, but I really do think you should take the initiative here, obtain the forms and send them by recorded delivery straight away.

Rob
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:08 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robclews

Forget the lawyer, I can’t see how this can be the Embassy fault if your fiancé has never sent in his application for a K1 visa. Ok the Embassy should have sent the forms required upon receipt of the I-129f approval notice from the Service Center, but I really do think you should take the initiative here, obtain the forms and send them by recorded delivery straight away.

Rob
Hi Rob,
If it's been a year since their approval, I believe that that makes the petition null and void and they'd have to refile, doesn't it? Unless you filed for an extension with the consulate (which they obviously didn't), the petition approval is only valid for four months, I think. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (day 138, NSC)
5/29/03 1st NOA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.