Reload this Page >

Nebraska DMV Rules K1 to AOS

Nebraska DMV Rules K1 to AOS

Old Oct 15th 2015, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Dally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nebraska DMV Rules K1 to AOS

Just a note of another issue I have come across

I am in Nebraska and the DMV have said the rules have changed that they can only issue a drivers licence where they have 2 forms of documentation from USCIS showing right to live here and they will only issue for the length of time allocated on the documentation.

This has caused a bit of a catch-22 situation while waiting for my AOS to be processed. They accept the I-797 receipt as one form but then require a second "in-date" document. Have been to the DHS to see if they could provide me with anything but the DHS said although they were aware of the catch-22 issue that there was no additional document they could provide until my EAD is processed. This means that I am unable to obtain a NE licence in this period despite the "60 day" limit.

So at the moment I am driving on my UK licence and International Drivers Permit and carrying around a document saying I had been denied due to needing further proof of lawful status.

Has anyone else found a way around this?!