Wikiposts

Name your State.....

Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name your State.....

Originally Posted by jumping doris
How long have you been away?

Cultural scene....haven't noticed it.
Good restaurants.......Yes, if you like homestyle Italian.
The Steelers....I love football and they won the Superbowl the year we arrived but last season they looked like a bunch of girls.
4 seasons....give you that one
You forgot PNC park...great baseball stadium..sucky team.

Pittsburgh is so stuck in the 70's I feel like I have gone back in time.
It's falling to pieces as well...crumbling buildings, crumbling roads, dirty.

I live just outside the city and it's a nightmare trying to drive in without loosing a wheel in a pothole. That's if you are actually moving...most of the time you are stuck at a red traffic light......why don't they co-ordinate them:curse:.

I have lots of friends who have either never left or who have come back here to live because they love it so much. I think perhaps you have to grow up here to appreciate it.

It's OK...I know I am mean about the place and I'm sure there are many worse places.

Ah, y es, the lovely potholes, tripped in one once and broke my arm in two places. And, yup. the traffic sucks.
I think it is one of those places that you have to grow up in to appreciate, perhaps that's why I have a soft spot for the place.
Which suburb do you live in?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:34 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geeandtee
Ah, y es, the lovely potholes, tripped in one once and broke my arm in two places. And, yup. the traffic sucks.
I think it is one of those places that you have to grow up in to appreciate, perhaps that's why I have a soft spot for the place.
Upper Saint Clair.
Great schools but dull.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:34 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hair back just south of armpit.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:41 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Hair back just south of armpit.
What have you been taking?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Upper Saint Clair.
Great schools but dull.
'nuff said, hence the reference to 'Stepford'
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:47 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

What have you been taking?
Just a bit of a goofy mood I suppose.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:54 am
Who?

Got it in one!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:57 am
Who?

I am all confused now.....I thought you were from the UK?

You see what Pittsburgh has done to me
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:12 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

I have to confess to beng slightly biased, I grew up there.
What I like:
Fall colours
The Steelers
Diverse neighborhoods
Good restaurants
The Steelers
Half decent cultural scene
The Steelers
nearly 4 seasons a year
The Steelers
I had a couple of friends from Pittburgh who loved it. Said it was getting quite sophisticated. but I've never been, so I should shut my gob.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:23 am
Who?

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
I had a couple of friends from Pittburgh who loved it. Said it was getting quite sophisticated. but I've never been, so I should shut my gob.
Depends what you consider sophisticated
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I am all confused now.....I thought you were from the UK?

You see what Pittsburgh has done to me

No, you're right...I am from the UK. Long story short: born in UK, moved to US when I was 8, grew up in Pittsburgh, went back to UK when I was 21 (dumb move), then moved back to US 6 years ago.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:47 am
Who?

No, you're right...I am from the UK. Long story short: born in UK, moved to US when I was 8, grew up in Pittsburgh, went back to UK when I was 21 (dumb move), then moved back to US 6 years ago.
No hope for my youngest then. We moved here when she was 10 so it sounds like she'll be the one who loves Pittsburgh!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

No hope for my youngest then. We moved here when she was 10 so it sounds like she'll be the one who loves Pittsburgh!
Nope, no hope, she'll be hanging the Steelers flag out her window before you know it. and saying "yins"
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of

Massachusetts. Shabby. Or rude. Take your pick!

(This is the part I live in and surrounding area, btw....I do like Boston and the Cape!)
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:53 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phychlone
I was wondering what is the ONE word that you would use to describe the State that you have chosen to live in.

As I live in Bas Vagas (Basildon, Essex) I would use the word CHAV
CA = diverse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.