Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Aug 17th 2011, 5:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Originally Posted by milan79
An update.

Guys I got an email this morning!!!!

Oath Ceremony

On August 17, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.
Nice one! We told you you had nothing to worry about
Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

An update.

Guys I got an email this morning!!!!

Oath Ceremony

On August 17, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.
Many thanks to you all. You guys were and are absolutely wonderful, always been there for me. I have another question. How long it usualy takes to get the Oath app letter after that email? My special thanks goes to: Rene, Rete, Poppygirl, Ian, Mickey1935, Sultan... Meauxna, lostlove and to ALL OF YOU! Will keep you posted when is my Oath.Can I apply foa US passpor the same da I get my cerificate? Thak you!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:51 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks to you all. You guys were and are absolutely wonderful, always been there for me. I have another question. How long it usualy takes to get the Oath app letter after that email? My special thanks goes to: Rene, Rete, Poppygirl, Ian, Mickey1935, Sultan... Meauxna, lostlove and to ALL OF YOU! Will keep you posted when is my Oath.Can I apply foa US passpor the same da I get my cerificate? Thak you!
I can't answer your first question, because I didn't get an email, I just got an Oath appointment letter about a week after my interview (but this was at Chicago were they probably do one or two ceremonies a week - your mileage may vary).

As to the 2nd - yes you can apply for your passport the same day, but make a copy first because I think they need the original certificate to process your application. Also, get over to the SS office and update your social as well.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:49 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Never got an email the IO gave me the date on the actual day I was interviewed..

Told ya so
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Well, if anyone cares to know. I sent in a short letter, the appointment letter and a print out of my flight itinerary. Mailed on Fri Aug 5 (same day I received the appointment), confirmed delivery on Mon Aug 8.

I had said to myself I will give them a week (rather unrealistically). So yesterday Fri Aug 12 I call up the "help" line they can't see if anything has happened. I grab an Infopass appointment for the distant future just before I fly out (only two days available).

A few hours later I realize I hadn't checked the mail. Lo and behold a letter from the Phx USCIS office sent on Wed Aug 10 saying they received my request, it will delay processing, we will reschedule for after the date you get back.

This seems like almost shocking government efficiency. I think I will hang on to the Infopass appointment for now just in case.
Why send one notice when three will do?

Today I received a notice canceling previously scheduled interview and informing me there will be a further letter to let me know when the new one will be scheduled.

Still got that Infopass appointment but I think they are actually do their jobs.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

Had a call yesterday from a Buddy (Mr. Fixit) just had his Interview, Wed. He is going for his Oath Ceremony on Friday! Orlando is quick.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick1935
Had a call yesterday from a Buddy (Mr. Fixit) just had his Interview, Wed. He is going for his Oath Ceremony on Friday! Orlando is quick.
Mick1935 stop teasing me about those super-duper quick oaths in Orlando LOL I wish I lived there Lol. Congrats to your friend. :-)
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:10 pm
Your Fellow American

Scotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to all

Hey Milan, Do you think you might be able to get added to the Orlando oath ceremony rather than Jax.. It would take you no time to drive down and they look like they do it every Friday.

Not sure if that's possible but you could call and ask.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:11 pm
Your Fellow American

Scotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to all

Did the final bits today.. All details are updated in their databases now.

Yay..
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scotz
Hey Milan, Do you think you might be able to get added to the Orlando oath ceremony rather than Jax.. It would take you no time to drive down and they look like they do it every Friday.

Yes every Friday, more than one!
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick1935
Yes every Friday, more than one!
Friday seems to be a popular day.

Phoenix is twice every Friday, though Tuscon is twice every other Friday.

http://www.azd.uscourts.gov/azd/cour...ceremonies.pdf

You should be able to find a similar schedule for your local US District court.

Last edited by sir_eccles; Aug 18th 2011 at 10:01 pm. Reason: fixing the link
Old Aug 19th 2011, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scotz

Hi Scotz. Not a bad idea and you are right it will take me only 2 hours to get to Orlando. But not sure if they can actually do that. What number I should call? You think the 1800-? One more question, since they put me in a que for an oath does that mean my certificate is already prepared? Thank you. :-)
Old Aug 19th 2011, 2:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Scotz. Not a bad idea and you are right it will take me only 2 hours to get to Orlando. But not sure if they can actually do that. What number I should call? You think the 1800-? One more question, since they put me in a que for an oath does that mean my certificate is already prepared? Thank you. :-)
Congratulations, Milan. All good things, including immigration, must come to an end, eh? LOL

I wouldn't bother trying to transfer your oath at this point. You've probably only got another few weeks to go at most. Here in Phoenix, we didn't receive an email, but received the appointment letter about 2 weeks after the interview. The oath appointment was for 4 weeks later. So time between interview and oath was only 6 weeks.

Yes, you can apply for your passport the same day you receive the certificate. You'll have to send off your original naturalization certificate with the passport application.

Rene
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations, Milan. All good things, including immigration, must come to an end, eh? LOL

I wouldn't bother trying to transfer your oath at this point. You've probably only got another few weeks to go at most. Here in Phoenix, we didn't receive an email, but received the appointment letter about 2 weeks after the interview. The oath appointment was for 4 weeks later. So time between interview and oath was only 6 weeks.

Yes, you can apply for your passport the same day you receive the certificate. You'll have to send off your original naturalization certificate with the passport application.

Rene
Dear Rene. Thank you so much for providing me with all this info. I will not try to call the 1-800 number and ask them for Orlando ceremony. Again Rene thank you for all your help I will never forget those days when you never let me down, always been there for me whatever question I had. Remember those days I would be counting down to get my EAD, my conditional GC, my 10 year green card and it is hard to believe it went so fast all the way to my N-400. I have one last semester to get my BA in Criminal Justice and my next thing is to start my career with USCIS. Will keep you all posted when my Oath app will be scheduled. :-)
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guys!

Very confused update. Today I opened my mailbox and got letter from USCIS. I was so sure it was my scheduled Oath ceremony. When I opened it I was in shock!! My heart was beating so fast.
Here is what the letter says:

Interview Descheduled by USCIS

This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview regarding your N-400 application on Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 10:50 am for the above applicant.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

We will advise you of any further action on this case. including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice.

BUT GUYS, I went to my interview on August 11th and like I mentioned before IO at the end of my N-400 interview stamped it APPROVED. and 6 days later I got an automatic update on my case that they put my File on scheduling que for an Oath. I looked at the postal stamp of this letter and it was mailed on August 23d 2011 and today August 23rd I just got it. Should I just ignore the letter or should I just make an INFOPASS.

Any answer from you guys will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.