Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Apr 5th 2011, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Originally Posted by Scotz
Congrats Mick!

I hope to be following in your footsteps through the Orlando office door sooner rather than later ...

Have a memorable oath ceremony... But remember, no scouse oaths... Don't want to be scaring them at this stage
Thanks Jock,

Just looked at my Icon for study, no more looking that up every day, served me in good stead.

Naturalization Self Test USCIS. Under resources.

I did not get a question wrong after going through it, day in day out. If you are asked who lived here first, it is Native Indians, not just Indians, in fact I quoted names. Cree/Navaho/Apache my Ex Marine liked that. It is like a dream still!

I asked a friend if he would care to attend the ceremony, he said he would be proud to be there for me. Americans love to hear you are becoming an American.

Are you going to wear a Kilt?
Old Apr 5th 2011, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

Below, great site! For about to be, or just now new Citizens.

I just downloaded my Form SS 5, to update records at the Social Security Office.
newcitizen.us

Scouse.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 12:33 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotz
I-797 on the way!!
I'm about 24 hours behind you. Posted off the paperwork to Texas a day after you and have now received the text and email notification. Was somewhat surprised that the text came through at 01:12 this morning!
Old Apr 5th 2011, 3:54 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick1935
Below, great site! For about to be, or just now new Citizens.

I just downloaded my Form SS 5, to update records at the Social Security Office.
I'm going to offer some general caution about giving your personal information to a commercial site like that one. They may be fine, I have no idea, but you can get your Social Security form at www.ssa.gov

You'll also register to vote, and apply for a US passport. Those are the big 3 to do after your oath ceremony.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
I'm going to offer some general caution about giving your personal information to a commercial site like that one. They may be fine, I have no idea, but you can get your Social Security form at www.ssa.gov

You'll also register to vote, and apply for a US passport. Those are the big 3 to do after your oath ceremony.
Thank you for that advice, did not give any info out, and I know you can not be to carful.

Got the passport sorted, but where do you register to vote?

The good news about a 8AM time (if there is such a thing about getting up at 4-30AM, that's good) leaves lots of time to do the SS Office, Passport and Register to vote. I still am real excited. Mind you I am only 75, not like I was old or anything.

My LapTop is feeling neglected, no constant running of questions, but it paid off. I hope all other Brits in line have the nice kind of chap I had.

Two days and a wake up, early one!
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Usually at the ceremony they have someone to help you with those 3 items; you can ask someone there about where to register to vote if they don't bring it up.

Tip: make a photocopy of your natz certificate you'll get, and keep the original in a safe deposit box or other safe place.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:05 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Usually at the ceremony they have someone to help you with those 3 items; you can ask someone there about where to register to vote if they don't bring it up.

Tip: make a photocopy of your natz certificate you'll get, and keep the original in a safe deposit box or other safe place.
At the ceremony they give you an envelope with a bunch of information in it - one of those things is a form you can send off to register to vote. As far as I know that takes care of it but I can't be 100% sure because I was bad and I haven't sent it off yet . . .
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
At the ceremony they give you an envelope with a bunch of information in it - one of those things is a form you can send off to register to vote. As far as I know that takes care of it but I can't be 100% sure because I was bad and I haven't sent it off yet . . .
That is naughty, get on it!

Each ceremony is different.. some have a table set up with people from the relevent agencies there, others hand stuff out, some don't do anything. Sounds like you got the deluxe package.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

That is naughty, get on it!

Each ceremony is different.. some have a table set up with people from the relevent agencies there, others hand stuff out, some don't do anything. Sounds like you got the deluxe package.
I'll get it in before too long, I'm going to be want to be registered for the big one next year

We did get quite a bit of stuff right enough, a few handbooks and various other bits of information but I suppose Chicago is probably one of the bigger offices as well so it makes sense.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I'll get it in before too long, I'm going to be want to be registered for the big one next year

We did get quite a bit of stuff right enough, a few handbooks and various other bits of information but I suppose Chicago is probably one of the bigger offices as well so it makes sense.
Check if you state has vote by mail since that is normally much easier. In California I get all the information on the propositions and candidates about a month before the election and two weeks before the election I get the ballot which I fill it out and drop in the mail.

In California I only have to fill out a form once to be placed on the permanent vote by mail list and then every year after that I will receive the ballots in the mail.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:39 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Michael
Check if you state has vote by mail since that is normally much easier. In California I get all the information on the propositions and candidates about a month before the election and two weeks before the election I get the ballot which I fill it out and drop in the mail.

In California I only have to fill out a form once to be placed on the permanent vote by mail list and then every year after that I will receive the ballots in the mail.
Good idea - I will look into that, cheers.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 9:47 pm
Your Fellow American

Scotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to allScotz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by celticgrid
I'm about 24 hours behind you. Posted off the paperwork to Texas a day after you and have now received the text and email notification. Was somewhat surprised that the text came through at 01:12 this morning!
LOL... Yes my cellphone woke us up with a text beep the night before at the same time. My wife was so happy!

Good luck to you CG.. Let's hope for a smooth ride
Old Apr 5th 2011, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

mykiddiewinks is an unknown quantity at this point

So we both passed, only asked the first 6 questions We were told we will get a letter in a couple of weeks about the Oath Ceremony so not bad time wise as we only sent the documents off the end of November.

Has any one with children been through this, what happens now as to getting them their passports, I was under the impression that we had to pay for their Naturalization certificates and then their passports but the officer today told me I didn't have to get them certificates unless we wanted to. Any insight into what to do next would be helpful, thanks.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 11:02 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mykiddiewinks
So we both passed, only asked the first 6 questions We were told we will get a letter in a couple of weeks about the Oath Ceremony so not bad time wise as we only sent the documents off the end of November.

Has any one with children been through this, what happens now as to getting them their passports, I was under the impression that we had to pay for their Naturalization certificates and then their passports but the officer today told me I didn't have to get them certificates unless we wanted to. Any insight into what to do next would be helpful, thanks.
For the childrens US passport all you need is your naturlization cert. their green card and birth certificate. 2 pics and pay the fee..
Old Apr 5th 2011, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

mykiddiewinks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by candy wy.
For the childrens US passport all you need is your naturlization cert. their green card and birth certificate. 2 pics and pay the fee..
Thank you - really didnt want to write another check for $600 each for a certificate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.