Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Old Apr 27th 2010, 3:56 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by flagirl
I'm curious about how long that wait is going to be-hopefully we can have it done locally and not make that 5 hour drive to Jacksonville again! I just booked a hotel for Sunday night which looks like it's only a couple of blocks from the Jacksonville office-appointment is 10:45am Monday morning.
Some offices do it on the same day so I hear!
All the best for Monday we look forward to a detailed report
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Some offices do it on the same day so I hear!
All the best for Monday we look forward to a detailed report
I will let you know as soon as we get home! We've got a lot of driving to do-we're headed to Dalton, GA on Friday as Martin is going to a big garden railway show there. We'll then go from Dalton to Jacksonville on Sunday & then head back home after the interview. It would be wonderful if he can get sworn in ASAP. Then we're going to have to pop back to New Orleans to get his US passport. But I don't mind that trip because New Orleans is always fun
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That was quick , I had mine done last Monday, you're getting me excited now!

I wonder if they can still do your interview on the 9th, as long as you take your oath after the 12th. I think it is the oath that gets postponed until the 3/5 years has passed, but I could be wrong.

Good luck all the same. I'll have to check my case status when I get home today because when I checked over the weekend it was still at the 'sent letter for evidence' i.e. biometrics stage.
From previous posters it seems if you are early for your interview, they will reschedule it for when you hit the 5 years i.e. a week later. Luckily I only have a 30 min drive to the office.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

One general tip I'd have for all of you.. when you are at the interview, don't be shy to ask about the oath ceremony schedule!
My family wanted to come to DH's, but lived out of town, so we needed some advance idea of when it would be. I heard that our office did same-day ceremonies, and since that worked best for us, I even went into the office ahead of time to ask how he could get a same-day oath.

Don't hesitate to ask!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

garfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Zonie
From previous posters it seems if you are early for your interview, they will reschedule it for when you hit the 5 years i.e. a week later. Luckily I only have a 30 min drive to the office.
Starting to panic now!!!
see you have interview date and biometrics was done 2 days later than me, still not received anything. Anyone else?
G
Old Apr 27th 2010, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garfro
Starting to panic now!!!
see you have interview date and biometrics was done 2 days later than me, still not received anything. Anyone else?
G
Don't worry, it really does depend upon your local USCIS office workload and efficiency. My daughter applied the same time as me and is in your situation as she has a different office to me.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 6:59 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
One general tip I'd have for all of you.. when you are at the interview, don't be shy to ask about the oath ceremony schedule!
My family wanted to come to DH's, but lived out of town, so we needed some advance idea of when it would be. I heard that our office did same-day ceremonies, and since that worked best for us, I even went into the office ahead of time to ask how he could get a same-day oath.

Don't hesitate to ask!
Been Googling and can't find out which offices do same day ceremonies!

Got a link young lady
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Been Googling and can't find out which offices do same day ceremonies!

Got a link young lady
No, there is no link.. there is no list, that is why I suggest you ask in person when you (collective you) are there. IF you care.
Some offices have a regular schedule, like once per month. I think our office does them every 6 or 8 weeks. Be persistent, if the officer you speak to doesn't know, find someone who does know about the scheduling.

Many people are perfectly happy to go to the interview and wait for the oath letter and go whenever.
I doubt many of them are on this thread.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by garfro
Starting to panic now!!!
G
Don't panic, this is still a highly individualized process.

Once you have biometrics done, they're running the namechecks on you. Your name might get a hit while mine doesn't.. therefore, my case would go 'faster'.
You're only in a race with yourself, and don't worry, they want you to finish this one. Hardly anyone is left hanging for very long these days.

Then there is the speed and workload of your DO. If you live in a community with a lot of immigrants and I live in one with very few, my office might seem more efficient, and my case would go 'faster'. Again, you can't compare with anyone, only yourself.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:53 pm

No, there is no link.. there is no list, that is why I suggest you ask in person when you (collective you) are there. IF you care.
Some offices have a regular schedule, like once per month. I think our office does them every 6 or 8 weeks. Be persistent, if the officer you speak to doesn't know, find someone who does know about the scheduling.

Many people are perfectly happy to go to the interview and wait for the oath letter and go whenever.
I doubt many of them are on this thread.
Good woman
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

garfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the rough

Don't panic, this is still a highly individualized process.

Once you have biometrics done, they're running the namechecks on you. Your name might get a hit while mine doesn't.. therefore, my case would go 'faster'.
You're only in a race with yourself, and don't worry, they want you to finish this one. Hardly anyone is left hanging for very long these days.

Then there is the speed and workload of your DO. If you live in a community with a lot of immigrants and I live in one with very few, my office might seem more efficient, and my case would go 'faster'. Again, you can't compare with anyone, only yourself.

Great explanation
G
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:52 pm
Longtime Lurker

scotta will become famous soon enoughscotta will become famous soon enough

My timeline, N-400 based on 5 year greencard.

Jan 28 - Mailed N-400
Feb 1 - Received (Phoenix)
Feb 5 - I-797C (Notice of receipt for application)
Feb 18 - I-797C received (Biometrics)
Mar 9 - Biometrics completed
Mar 24 - I-797C (Notice for interview)
April 27 9:15am - Interview in Denver
April 27 1:30pm - Oath Ceremony in Denver

Next up passport, vote and social security.

Scott
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by scotta

Jan 28 - Mailed N-400

Scott
OMG!! Wonderful news Thank you for posting
And you go the Oath ceremony same day
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by scotta

Jan 28 - Mailed N-400

Scott
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:11 pm
Longtime Lurker

scotta will become famous soon enoughscotta will become famous soon enough

Same day - unexpectedly, from everything I read Denver used to only have ceremonies every 6 weeks or so. Today they had one in the morning, while I was in my interview, and another this afternoon. 90 people & 46 countries this afternoon.
Have to notify SS that I am no longer an alien but a citizen. The form came in the package from the ceremony.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.