mzqadils' DS-230 Questions

mzqadils' DS-230 Questions

Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

mzqadils is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mzqadils' DS-230 Questions

Hi Rob

Congrats and good luck.
Wanted to ask you when did you send the AOS and DS-230?

My wife filed the I-130 from US and wondering if I take the DS-230 with me to the interview or I need to send it to before the interview.

BR

Zak
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigrant Visa (I-130 Filed in USA) - Timeline Only!

Originally Posted by mzqadils
My wife filed the I-130 from US and wondering if I take the DS-230 with me to the interview or I need to send it to before the interview.
NVC will request the DS-230.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rene

So should I sign and send it to my wife now?

She will be filing the AOS from US.

BR

Zak
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

robUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Rob

Congrats and good luck.
Wanted to ask you when did you send the AOS and DS-230?

BR

Zak
I sent the Affidavit of Support with my IV Packet (Includes DS-230). What you are required to do is sign Part I and leave Part II unsigned. Take a copy of both and send the 'Original' with the IV Packet but keep the copy for yourself. You will sign Part II in the presence of the CO at the Embassy.

Rob
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

robUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: mzqadils' DS-230 Questions

What is a IV packet? By the looks of it I (or my wife) didn't get one yet?

Sorry Rene for replying under this forum.
If you look at my timeline you can see when I got it and when you can expect it. If you look at Speedwell's or Civilservant's timeline you will be able to see a similar pattern. The IV packet includes your DS-230 and other documents such as your Police Certificate.

Rob
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

I am just wondering if it will come to my address in UK or to my wife's in US (shes the appointed agent).
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am just wondering if it will come to my address in UK or to my wife's in US (shes the appointed agent).
Isn't everything done by email now? I don't think there is an actual physical packet.

Things should be coming to the appointed "agent".

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Have you not given both your wife's and your email address to the NVC? The only paper copies my wife received were NOA's (Receipt of I-130 & I-130 Approval).
All our other paperwork (Affidavit of Support and IV Packet) were emailed to both our email addresses.

You as the beneficiary are just as entitled to contact the NVC as the applicant (Wife). As long as you have your case number, wife's DOB and full name then you can call and discuss your case. Costly I hear you say! providing you have a microphone, you can call the NVC for free using this link http://gethuman.com/phone-number/National-Visa-Center/
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

The NVC emails us all our forms which we both can check. So, I just have to wait for them to send us AOS request and IV packet. We have paid the fees for AOS ($88) and immigration visa application ($230).

I have my police certificate and already booked the medical check in London.

Thank you Rob
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

The NVC emails us all our forms which we both can check. So, I just have to wait for them to send us AOS request and IV packet. We have paid the fees for AOS ($88) and immigration visa application ($230).

I have my police certificate and already booked the medical check in London.

Thank you Rob
Just bare in mind that your IR1/CR1 Visa is only valid 6 months from the date of your medical and not date it is issued to you.

Rob