Reload this Page >

My Naturilization Interview is Next Week - Advice Please

Wikiposts

My Naturilization Interview is Next Week - Advice Please

Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:57 am
Just Joined

ju421019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Naturalization Interview is on Thursday - Advice Please

Hi, my N-400 Naturilization Interview is on April 8, 2004, I can barely concentrate on anything else and am just worried about the upcoming interview.

I applied through the 5year step and wanted to ask are the following documents that I should take:

- Green Card
- Passports
- SSN Card
- Selective Service Card
- Past 3 yr Tax Returns
- Interview Letter
- Copy of my application

Secondly, I am memorizing the 100 questions for the exam too from the INS Website.

Lastly, I had a traffic ticket, which I did not know had to be listed on the application and have received mixed responses. I thought Question 16 referred to the Criminal Citiations. Thus, I selected "NO", I did receive one traffic ticket for crossing a red light. I paid and satisfied all requirements. I tried to get a copy of the ticket but my Clerk's Office only keeps the citations for one year, so I went to their website and printed out a status of my ticket which shows it's satifised. I called the Clerk's Office to see if they can send me a letter, they said they can't do that and the website printing should be enough. I then e-mailed them and a lady replied saying that the ticket was satisfied which I have also printed.

So I am going to take those documentations to the office also, should I bring up the ticket when they run through Question 16 or just let it go?

Any input to calm me down would be appreciated. I am educated person who's getting his Masters degree, but yet I am memorizing the 100 questions like a little school girl, because I am so nervous. I can barely eat, go to work, or sleep, in anticipation of the interview.

Any positive input/feedback/suggestions would be appreciated. And lastly, I will go in a suit and tie to the interview.

Thanks.

Last edited by ju421019; Apr 6th 2004 at 3:18 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

TexasAlex is just really niceTexasAlex is just really niceTexasAlex is just really niceTexasAlex is just really niceTexasAlex is just really niceTexasAlex is just really niceTexasAlex is just really niceTexasAlex is just really nice
Default Re: My Naturilization Interview is Next Week - Advice Please

You are going to be just fine. INS/BCIS does these interviews every day and they are just doing their job of checking everything.
As far as your traffice ticket is concerned, I would recommend disclosing it. Having a traffic ticket is not a big deal, but lying/not disclosing it, might very well be. But I am not a lawyer, and it might be worthwhile talking to a good immigration lawyer about it.
Other than that, I wish you good luck.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the support.

My position is if we go through that question I will let them, it's not like I am lying or hiding anything. As far as my understanding from the app it didnt seem like it needed to be listed, plus I think the INS hotline had said the same. So if we run across any questions like those I will tell them oh by the way I wasn't sure if this needed to be listed.....

Also, in regards to the History questions, is that you have to get a certain number right? What if you mess up?

thanks
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

sarina is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with you.. i will probably do the same.... if you actually look at the "guide to natrulization" on the USCIS website.. it lists a whole buncha examples of crime.. no where is it mentioned that traffic tickets should be noted.. i think that would a good reason.. right.. and please please post your experience once you are done
Thanks
Sarina

Originally posted by ju421019
Thanks for the support.

My position is if we go through that question I will let them, it's not like I am lying or hiding anything. As far as my understanding from the app it didnt seem like it needed to be listed, plus I think the INS hotline had said the same. So if we run across any questions like those I will tell them oh by the way I wasn't sure if this needed to be listed.....

Also, in regards to the History questions, is that you have to get a certain number right? What if you mess up?

thanks
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:12 am
Just Joined

How about in regards to the History questions, is that you have to get a certain number right? What if you mess up on one or two?

thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

viva89 is an unknown quantity at this point

How about in regards to the History questions, is that you have to get a certain number right? What if you mess up on one or two?

thanks
Out of ten, you need to get 6 correct. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

When I filled out my N400, I disclosed my 2 speeding tickets, when I had my interview, the examiner said, that disclosing them was the right thing to do, although they don't really worry about minor traffic offences.

If I was you, when they go through the questions, and ask you if you have every been arrested,cited etc, I would reply something like, "No, except for a traffic ticket, back in 199???"

Having had a minor traffic conviction, will not hurt you, but failing to disclose it may !!!

At my Interview,Late 2002, they thing that they were most concerned about was travel out of the US, the examiner printed of a list of all the times I had entered the US since I had been an LPR, and I had to tell her the duration of the trips, so that she could figure out if I was eligible for citizenship, based on my time in and out of the US.

Don't worry, the interview is a breeze and you will be fine
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure that you know your route to get to the building. The district buildings seem to be in or near the heart of downtowns of major cities and so you will want to allow extra time for road construction, the usual traffic jams getting into the city, (especially if your appointment is 8:45am). Even if you get there in time, you may not know where to park or where the building is.

Mine was in Atlanta, a three hour trek (with traffic congestion) + a 1 hour time difference. So I got up at 3am and left around 4:30. I waited in the waiting area for about 90 minutes. After my interview, I then had to fill out another n-400 for another hour. I didn't get out of the building until about 1 in the afternoon. I didn't get back into birmingham until around 3 local time. So, it's a full day. Same thing for the ceremony, except I also got over to the post office to turn in the naturalization certificate (for the passport).

There's nothing to it. Once you've met the requirements, it's just putting the work into it to get it done.

Hi, my N-400 Naturilization Interview is on April 8, 2004, I can barely concentrate on anything else and am just worried about the upcoming interview.

I applied through the 5year step and wanted to ask are the following documents that I should take:

- Green Card
- Passports
- SSN Card
- Selective Service Card
- Past 3 yr Tax Returns
- Interview Letter
- Copy of my application

Secondly, I am memorizing the 100 questions for the exam too from the INS Website.

Lastly, I had a traffic ticket, which I did not know had to be listed on the application and have received mixed responses. I thought Question 16 referred to the Criminal Citiations. Thus, I selected "NO", I did receive one traffic ticket for crossing a red light. I paid and satisfied all requirements. I tried to get a copy of the ticket but my Clerk's Office only keeps the citations for one year, so I went to their website and printed out a status of my ticket which shows it's satifised. I called the Clerk's Office to see if they can send me a letter, they said they can't do that and the website printing should be enough. I then e-mailed them and a lady replied saying that the ticket was satisfied which I have also printed.

So I am going to take those documentations to the office also, should I bring up the ticket when they run through Question 16 or just let it go?

Any input to calm me down would be appreciated. I am educated person who's getting his Masters degree, but yet I am memorizing the 100 questions like a little school girl, because I am so nervous. I can barely eat, go to work, or sleep, in anticipation of the interview.

Any positive input/feedback/suggestions would be appreciated. And lastly, I will go in a suit and tie to the interview.

Thanks.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 2:51 am
John Smith

Why did you have to fill out another n-400? Does everyone need to do that
at the interview?

"jaytee" <member6856@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Make sure that you know your route to get to the building. The district
    > buildings seem to be in or near the heart of downtowns of major cities
    > and so you will want to allow extra time for road construction, the
    > usual traffic jams getting into the city, (especially if your
    > appointment is 8:45am). Even if you get there in time, you may not know
    > where to park or where the building is.
    > Mine was in Atlanta, a three
    > hour trek (with traffic congestion) + a 1 hour time difference. So I got
    > up at 3am and left around 4:30. I waited in the waiting area for about
    > 90 minutes. After my interview, I then had to fill out another n-400
    > for another hour. I didn't get out of the building until about 1 in the
    > afternoon. I didn't get back into birmingham until around 3 local time.
    > So, it's a full day. Same thing for the ceremony, except I also got
    > over to the post office to turn in the naturalization certificate (for
    > the passport).
    > There's nothing to it. Once you've met the
    > requirements, it's just putting the work into it to get it done.
    > Originally posted by ju421019
    > > Hi, my N-400
    > Naturilization Interview is on April 8, 2004, I can barely concentrate
    > on anything else and am just worried about the upcoming interview.
    > >
    > >
    > I applied through the 5year step and wanted to ask are the following
    > documents that I should take:
    > >
    > > - Green Card
    > > - Passports
    > > - SSN
    > Card
    > > - Selective Service Card
    > > - Past 3 yr Tax Returns
    > > - Interview
    > Letter
    > > - Copy of my application
    > >
    > >
    > > Secondly, I am memorizing the
    > 100 questions for the exam too from the INS Website.
    > >
    > > Lastly, I had
    > a traffic ticket, which I did not know had to be listed on the
    > application and have received mixed responses. I thought Question 16
    > referred to the Criminal Citiations. Thus, I selected "NO", I did
    > receive one traffic ticket for crossing a red light. I paid and
    > satisfied all requirements. I tried to get a copy of the ticket but my
    > Clerk's Office only keeps the citations for one year, so I went to their
    > website and printed out a status of my ticket which shows it's
    > satifised. I called the Clerk's Office to see if they can send me a
    > letter, they said they can't do that and the website printing should be
    > enough. I then e-mailed them and a lady replied saying that the ticket
    > was satisfied which I have also printed.
    > >
    > > So I am going to take
    > those documentations to the office also, should I bring up the ticket
    > when they run through Question 16 or just let it go?
    > >
    > > Any input to
    > calm me down would be appreciated. I am educated person who's getting
    > his Masters degree, but yet I am memorizing the 100 questions like a
    > little school girl, because I am so nervous. I can barely eat, go to
    > work, or sleep, in anticipation of the interview.
    > >
    > > Any positive
    > input/feedback/suggestions would be appreciated. And lastly, I will go
    > in a suit and tie to the interview.
    > >
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 6th 2004, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: My Naturalization Interview is Next Week - Advice Please

Tommorrow, Thursday is the day @ 11am.

I have memorized the 100 Questions the best I can.

I have printed the documentation and e-mail regarding my traffic ticket.

I have gathered the interview letter, green card, selective service card, SSN, past 3 yr tax return, old passports, and a copy of my application.

I have printed the directions to the place and will schedule myself to arrive 1 hr in advance, and just wait in the parking lot till half a hour before I enter.

I will go with the flow with the interview, and inform them about the ticket if asked any questions relating to the subject.

Now, I just have to control my nerves and calm down.

Oh yeah, praying a lot that everything goes well.

Any last minute advice?

Thansk.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Also, I was thinking about taking my father with me for support and "just in case", can he enter the INS office with me, even though he doesnt have a appointment letter.

thanks.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Also, I was thinking about taking my father with me for support and "just in case", can he enter the INS office with me, even though he doesnt have a appointment letter.

thanks.
You will be fine. Just relax and everuthing will be ok. Good luck.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

croesx is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks.
Where is your interview being held and good luck. My N-400 interview is on April 20 in Santa Ana
Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:38 am
Just Joined

My interview is in Orlando, FL
Old Apr 8th 2004, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

My interview is in Orlando, FL
Ju421019,
would you share your experience today?
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.