My N-400 Progress

Old Feb 18th 2019, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default My N-400 Progress

For context I arrived in the US in December 2015 on a K1. I filed AOS in January 2016 and received conditional permanent residency in April 2016. In January 2018 I filed I-751 to remove conditions, and this is still pending.

As USCIS allow you to file and pay for the N-400 online I decided to go that route. It was really easy putting it all together online as it takes you through the forms step by step and you can save your progress and come back to it at anytime, and before you start it asks some questions to make sure you are eligible to apply. It also has separate areas to upload each time of evidence required. Since it was online I don't have a checklist as such of what was included, but it asks for certain proof one by one (Spouses citizenship if using that as basis for application, applicants green card, tax returns etc), then for any explanations and supporting evidence for deviations (extended time outside of the country etc) and evidence of joint life together (again if applying based on marriage to citizen).

Once everything is complete it walks you through reviewing every answer, and then asks for the $725 payment. I received a confirmation email once I submitted it., including a payment receipt and what happens next (Bio-metric appointments). I was also provided an estimated case completion time of January 2020.

All in all it was an easy process to file and I'd recommend doing it online if you're able to do so. I'll keep this thread updated with my progress. I'm excited to become a citizen!

Old Feb 18th 2019, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My N-400 Progress

Sorry I intended to post this in the marriage based visa section, not the general USA forum.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 7:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
Sorry I intended to post this in the marriage based visa section, not the general USA forum.
Moved it for you.

Rene
Old Feb 18th 2019, 7:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Even though you don't have an official checklist, you should make note of what documents were requested, and make sure you have a photocopy and original of each one to take to the N-400 interview.

Rene
Old Feb 18th 2019, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Moved it for you.

Rene
Thanks!
Old Feb 18th 2019, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Even though you don't have an official checklist, you should make note of what documents were requested, and make sure you have a photocopy and original of each one to take to the N-400 interview.

Rene
Good advice. I have a folder with everything that I submitted so I can bring it along to the interview. Thanks.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 10:43 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

How long is the wait at your Field Office? I filed in May last year in Atlanta and am not expecting to hear anything until April or so.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 12:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
How long is the wait at your Field Office? I filed in May last year in Atlanta and am not expecting to hear anything until April or so.
He wrote this in his original post " I received a confirmation email once I submitted it., including a payment receipt and what happens next (Bio-metric appointments). I was also provided an estimated case completion time of January 2020." Does that help?
Old Feb 19th 2019, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep showing as January 2020 right now. I also checked the processing times for that office on USCIS website and it shows 8.5 to 19.5 months - so I guess it could be shorter or longer than the expected completion date. A coworkers husband submitted his last year and it was completed in under 6 months.

Old Feb 19th 2019, 1:13 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the estimated case completions are very 'estimated' so hopefully yours will be shorter than anticipated. The backlogs are just so uneven between field offices that if you happen to be in a high workload area, you're going to be waiting longer.

Good luck!
Old Feb 19th 2019, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah the estimated case completions are very 'estimated' so hopefully yours will be shorter than anticipated. The backlogs are just so uneven between field offices that if you happen to be in a high workload area, you're going to be waiting longer.

Good luck!
Thanks! I just hope it's in time for 2020 elections. Hopefully you'll hear good news very soon!
Old Feb 21st 2019, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome thanks scotty!
I didn't even know this was an option. I'm definitely taking this route when my time comes. It looks like I'm following your schedule just a year later, I just filed my ROC so an entire 12 months to wait until I can apply for the N-400 but excited!
Keep us updated!
Old Feb 21st 2019, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Scotty, great write up.

I'll be applying for ROC in November, so still a while away from being able to file for my N400, but will certainly do it online when the time comes!
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smartyy
Awesome thanks scotty!
I didn't even know this was an option. I'm definitely taking this route when my time comes. It looks like I'm following your schedule just a year later, I just filed my ROC so an entire 12 months to wait until I can apply for the N-400 but excited!
Keep us updated!
Will do!
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BenK91
Thanks Scotty, great write up.

I'll be applying for ROC in November, so still a while away from being able to file for my N400, but will certainly do it online when the time comes!
Thanks! Yes it makes a lot of sense, not sure when they'll do it for other forms too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.