Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My London Embassy Experience + a quick question

Wikiposts

My London Embassy Experience + a quick question

Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:59 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My London Embassy Experience + a quick question

As long as one doesn't have a medical condition affecting the lungs that requires follow-up.

For some people that CD is important, if not for immigration then for their own medical purposes.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by spongechica1
Just for your info the CD that they have given you with your Xray details on is not needed for anything.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

aish84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my husband has his interview very soon at the embassy in London, would like to know if there is a fee he will have to pay for his immigrant visa?
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aish84
Hi my husband has his interview very soon at the embassy in London, would like to know if there is a fee he will have to pay for his immigrant visa?
That information is available either on the London web site, or by reading previous posts. There is a handy search feature at the top right of each page.

Ian
Old Feb 10th 2013, 10:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aish84
It depends. If the I-130 was filed in the USA, the visa fee should have already been paid to NVC. If the I-130 was filed directly to London, then yes, there will be a visa fee due at his intervew.

In addition, he'll have to pay the courier fee on the day of his interview.

There is also a new fee, for the production of the green card. He does not pay this on the day of the interview, but does it onine, after he receives his passport and visa back from the embassy. Just in case the interviewing officer doesn't mention it, or in case there aren't any instructions in the package he receives back from the embassy (because this fee is very new).

Rene
Old Feb 10th 2013, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

aish84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the information!!!
Old Mar 15th 2013, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

The officer advised you will get your passport back in 7 days

How long did it actually take? Need to book my flights
Old Mar 15th 2013, 6:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syed84
The officer advised you will get your passport back in 7 days

How long did it actually take? Need to book my flights
It doesn't matter what other people's experience was. You shouldn't book your flight until you have your visa in hand.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

As I previously worked for an airline part of my package was keeping my staff travel, tickets are flexible.

So once I go across and get married I submit my AOS paperwork to Chicago lockbox. Is there a chance this end up back at Vermont?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:13 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on the state you are living in, yes.