My IR-1 TIMELINE!

Old Feb 25th 2019, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

.Tony_UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My IR-1 TIMELINE!

Hi,
American wife and I finally filed my I-R1 (mistake in title) application this month! it's baby steps right now of course but we are both just chuffed to bits that the ball is finally rolling after 2+ years of being married and 5 years of knowing eachother (back when we both felt young at 21 )...we're both just ready to move in together and put a stop to all the travelling back and forth we do 3 or 4 times a year and the late night phone calls

Is there any advice on things I should be doing/preparing for now I'm in a limbo waiting for the Nebraska Service Centre to get in touch? any advice or comments are much appreciated!

February 10th - i-130/a posted to Chicago lockbox
February 13th - notification email fron courier that it had been received
February 24th - I-1797c 'notice of action' letter received in the mail

l'll update as time goes on so anybody else who's been scouring the forums like me has a more recent idea of timeframes.

Last edited by .Tony_UK; Feb 26th 2019 at 12:39 am.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 12:12 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: My IR-1 TIMELINE!

Originally Posted by .Tony_UK
Hi,
American wife and I finally filed my CR1 application this month! it's baby steps right now of course but we are both just chuffed to bits that the ball is finally rolling after 2+ years of being married ....
IR-1
Old Feb 26th 2019, 12:29 am
Just Joined

.Tony_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
IR-1

oops my mistake, does that mean we have filed the wrong form or does it just mean I automatically fall into the category with the unlimited visas available because of the duration of our marriage?

Last edited by .Tony_UK; Feb 26th 2019 at 12:33 am.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 12:35 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by .Tony_UK
oops my mistake, does that mean we have filed the wrong form or does it just mean I automatically fall into the category with the unlimited visas available because of the duration of our marriage?
The process is identical either way, and while I am not certain, the form should be the same form, or at least the contents identical.

In practice if you apply for a CR-1 and are approved for a CR-1, but delay your arrival in the US until your second anniversary or later, the immigration officer at your port of entry will (should) stamp you in as having an IR-1 anyway.