British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   My I-130 DCF for IR-1 experience so far... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/my-i-130-dcf-ir-1-experience-so-far-908931/)

visa_hopper Mar 19th 2018 12:26 am

Re: My I-130 DCF for IR-1 experience so far...

Another Monday, another update, but this one is a bit strange.

On 2018/1/16 they said they were processing 2017/12/4.
On 2018/1/26 they said they were processing 2017/12/6.
On 2018/2/05 they said they were processing 2017/12/7.
On 2018/2/13 they said they were processing 2017/12/7.
On 2018/2/16 they said they were processing 2017/12/8.
On 2018/2/23 they said they were processing 2017/12/14.
On 2018/3/2 they said they were processing 2017/12/21.
On 2018/3/9 they said they were processing 2017/12/21.
On 2018/3/19 they said they were processing 2018/02/01.

Thats right, they've seemingly skipped from late December to early February!
This is somewhat consistent with people who filled mid-January already getting replies, but not sure where it leaves me. Best case scenario is my NOA2 is coming in the mail along with case number, worst case scenario is... ?!. Another option, that'd actually be more consistent, is that they meant to say January 1st, but who knows at this point.

I've sent a submission again into the online form in the hopes they'll just email me something, anything. (Yes Rete still driving myself crazy :D Hopefully this thread will provide comfort to someone in the future though)

visa_hopper Mar 19th 2018 1:15 am

Well they replied, but I think there might be some misunderstanding on my part or theirs or both:

My message:

Dear US Embassy staff,

I am contacting you regarding an I-130 petition I (redacted, the US citizen) filed for my husband redacted (beneficiary).
The petition was sent December 27, 2017, and credit card charged December 29, 2017.
We did not receive an NOA1, and are confident it wasn't in, e.g., spam, or otherwise filtered. The email address should be [email protected] (sometimes misspelt to redacted, easy mistake to make).

The current website update says "As of March 19, 2018, we are processing I-130 petitions filed on February 1, 2018."
We have not received NOA1, NOA2, or our case number yet, and are starting to worry as it is now approaching 90 days since filing. Can you please send the case number or any updated information you may have via email to either the petitioner ([email protected]) or beneficiary ([email protected]) email addresses.

Thank you!
Their reply:

Thank you for your email.

If you are referring to a petition that has been filed, but yet to be approved, any questions are a matter for United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Contact details can be found on their website at www.uscis.gov
Can one actually contact USCIS London?

Noorah101 Mar 19th 2018 1:20 am

Originally Posted by visa_hopper (Post 12465719)

Only by using the "contact us" page on their site, as far as I know.

Rene

Keoman Mar 19th 2018 1:24 am

Originally Posted by visa_hopper (Post 12465719)
Well they replied, but I think there might be some misunderstanding on my part or theirs or both:

My message:

Their reply:

From my limited understanding I think you need to contact them again and explain it was a DCF application and not filed through USCIS. As the USCIS route is for people who file in USA and want to import their spouse, for want of a better phrase :eek:

DCF is for USA citizens living in the UK and are able to apply direct to the embassy in London, which is a far quicker process! But I may be wrong and I’m sure someone with more knowledge on this can point you in the right direction.

visa_hopper Mar 19th 2018 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Keoman (Post 12465731)
From my limited understanding I think you need to contact them again and explain it was a DCF application and not filed through USCIS. As the USCIS route is for people who file in USA and want to import their spouse, for want of a better phrase :eek:

DCF is for USA citizens living in the UK and are able to apply direct to the embassy in London, which is a far quicker process! But I may be wrong and I’m sure someone with more knowledge on this can point you in the right direction.

Yes this was my impression too, that they didn't realize this was a DCF filing - I didn't make it clear enough maybe in my email.

I've actually now sent an email to the USCIS address on their specific contact page. I'll wait to see what they have to say, and give it until end of week as well, before sending any more messages.

Noorah101 Mar 19th 2018 1:32 am

visa-hopper did file to USCIS. London has a USCIS field office which accepts I-130s. It's not a true DCF (Direct Consular Filling).

That being said, I agree that the message seems to indicate they think the I-130 was filed in the USA.

Visa-hopper could explain it was filed to the USCIS field office in London.

Rene

Patzy Mar 19th 2018 2:52 am

Since my previous post where we hadn’t received NOA1, I sent a message using the contact form over the weekend and received a formal reply today stating that 1-130 was properly filed on March 15th (they received it Feb 27th) and processing time is approximately 90 days.

visa_hopper Mar 20th 2018 6:18 am

OK awesome news.
So yesterday (March 19, 2018), I filled the online form on the Embassy website. They referred me to the USCIS website, told me to contact them.
I figured the generic USCIS contact would not work, but found the USCIS London email. I emailed them, explaining the situation.
First thing in the morning today (March 20, 2018), they replied saying they could not answer any of my questions because I am the beneficiary, not the petitioner sponsor!
Fair enough - got my wife to send exact same text around midday, got response back in couple of hours.

Got told my I-130 was approved on March 17, 2018, and Notice of Approval was posted on afternoon of March 19, 2018!

So now waiting for email NOA2, and then I guess another wait now for the case number?
At least I know I can get hold of them now and that is indeed approved - everything else will workout from that.

So to date, I've never received any email from USCIS except this way, and expect I never will - maybe a data entry problem when putting in my wife's email address?

Updated timeline:
2017/12/27: Sent in I-130 packet with tracking.
2017/12/28: Delivery confirmation
2017/12/29: Credit card charged $535.
2018/1/3: ACRO requested.
~NOA1 email never received~
2018/1/15 (roughly): ACRO received.
2018/1/21: On website, inquire about lack of NOA1, no response yet.
2018/3/17: I-130 approved, no notification
2018/3/19: NOA2 physically sent by USCIS. No NOA2 email.
2018/3/20: Emailed USCIS enquiring about I-130, found out about approval that way.

Thanks for all the support so far, emotional and otherwise!

fenbristol Mar 20th 2018 8:22 pm

Congrats!

As far as I'm aware, there is no NOA2 email – that just comes through the post – at least that was the case for me. My letter came on the 14th March, even though the approval date on the letter was 23rd February.

Our LND number arrived 2 days after the first letter – so 3 weeks after the actual approval date.

Also worth noting that there were plenty of interview dates available throughout April when I booked mine yesterday, so you should be able to turn around the last part of the process pretty fast if you need to!

visa_hopper Mar 25th 2018 10:40 am

fenbristol, are those letters from the USA, or are they from the embassy? I wonder why they take so long!

Getting rest of my affairs in order so hopefully will be able to get one of those later April slots.

fenbristol Mar 25th 2018 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by visa_hopper (Post 12469828)
fenbristol, are those letters from the USA, or are they from the embassy? I wonder why they take so long!

Getting rest of my affairs in order so hopefully will be able to get one of those later April slots.

They're both from the Embassy. The NOA2 came in the self-addressed envelope we sent with the I-130, the LND number came from the NVC branch 2 days later.

No idea why it takes so long, but I assume it's not actually mailed until a couple of weeks after the approval.

I booked April 30th, but there was plenty of dates before that. I just wanted to be sure there was plenty of time between my medical (10th) and the interview.

visa_hopper Apr 10th 2018 3:19 am

Just an update, still waiting for a physical NOA2 or NVC letter, roughly 4 weeks after USCIS told us that I-130 was approved.
Not sure whats going on. Have emailed USCIS London and filled in website form but no response yet.

ashton_and_neil Apr 10th 2018 6:32 am

Do you have a link to the website that states the processing times of visas? I have looked on the Embassy website and cannot find it.

Rete Apr 10th 2018 6:42 am

Originally Posted by visa_hopper (Post 12479312)
Just an update, still waiting for a physical NOA2 or NVC letter, roughly 4 weeks after USCIS told us that I-130 was approved.
Not sure whats going on. Have emailed USCIS London and filled in website form but no response yet.

I don't mean to be rude, but why are you posting it on this thread.

This thread is about direct consular filing which is NOT what you are doing and it's processing, until your case is transferred to London.

Hne Apr 10th 2018 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12479408)
I don't mean to be rude, but why are you posting it on this thread.

This thread is about direct consular filing which is NOT what you are doing and it's processing, until your case is transferred to London.

visa_hopper is applying DCF through London... they even started this thread "My I-130 DCF for IR-1 experience so far..."

Following your timeline closely visa_hopper as my application is 2 months behind yours! Hope you get some good news soon.