Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My fiance's Warsaw interview details, Aug 14

My fiance's Warsaw interview details, Aug 14

Old Aug 16th 2001, 1:49 am
Hotman54

Jim and Tanya from Belarus, NOA 1: April 5; NOA 2: July 17 Plane lands in Atlanta:
7:15, on Aug 27

I couldn't sleep last night on the train, I was so excited, and after Polish customs
woke me up, I didn't manage to fall asleep again, so I wrote you this letter. Now, I
came to type and send it, cause I have been sleeping all day long )

I told you already about these girls I met in Warsaw, and you probably know this guy
from the newsgroup. His name is Dallas and his fiancé is Odessa, Ukraine. And the
other girl was from Kharkov, also Ukraine. These girls are of the same age as me, 35
and both have daughters of the same age as mine, 9.

About the interview. Only a few questions like:

1. What is your fiancé name? Like I could forget it, especially after I filled out
all these forms.

2. How did we meet, although it's written in your papers already and he seemed to
read them.

3. What does your fiancé do for living? Do they really think that fiancés do not know
such simple things about each other?

4. When did your fiancé make a proposal? Just do not want to comment, it's a nice
question as itself, and I liked to answer it.

But for me, it's a bit strange to ask about things that were already stated in
different papers he had. I'd find it reasonable if he asked for example, when we were
going to marry, if I was going to work, what relationship was between you and
Marinna, between me and Lauren, and so on. U think?

Anyway, it took 1 minute. After it, he took the whole packet of papers, stuck it to
the window with the filled OF-156 in front, starred at me and asked very threatening:
"Is it true???". At the first moment I even got scared like I had written "Jack
Nicholson" instead of you, and he found it out ) In a few seconds I realized that
he just wanted me to confirm it and sign in front of him. I smiled and said -
absolutely, he also smiled and told me to come back at 3.30 to get my visa.

I even asked, "That's all ???", he said - yes. They didn't give me back my original
police certificate in my married name, I mean the original in Russian without
translation and notarization. (as for the check for maiden name, they didn't even
look at it). I thought he probably forgot, and I asked when I was getting visa, but
the lady said they needed this original although they also got translated and
notarized copy.

Well, now it's done !!!

Now I wanted to ask you to find complete information about the next step, I mean how
I should act at the airport in Atlanta when I arrive. Like you did about the
interview in Warsaw, maybe on some sights, maybe from people who already passed it.
It's very helpful and important.

In Warsaw I felt more confident knowing every time something about the next step,
although everything was more or less different from the information you sent me. No
number 12 on the gates because of repairment, I think.

And, the most important, do you remember this remark next to the picture of the
entrance? "Make sure you bi-pass the crowd" - it's not so, you should stay in the
same line with all other people who came there on this day, no matter for what sort
of visa you applied for. I tried to bi-pass the crowd and showed my papers to the
guard, but he said to go to the end of the line and move together with the others.
So, it's better to come earlier, although they state they start to work from 8, this
guard had been working for quite a while when I arrived there at 7, cause there were
a lot of people inside already.

He looks at the document and determines the line where you should go then. There are
4 different colors: blue, yellow, red and green. As I could understand, blue line is
for American, yellow is for fiancé's visas, red is for visitor's visas cause most of
the people stand there and green is probably for immigrant visas. I am not sure in
red and green, but yellow is for fiancé's for certain.

I was 6th in the line, but then after the security check (and it's not only
security, this guard also looks at the document and may send someone away if they
are not in order) 2 guys were sent back and the other 3 were not ready to go
immediately to the window 10, so I happened to be the first among the people who
applied for K-visas. The rest was like it was described at this web-sight you sent
me. I paid and started to wait. It's not boring cause these guys from your news
group arrived and we started to talk.

Well, it's too late, and I have to finish now. I will continue tomorrow.

I wanted so much to talk to you after all was finished, so this letter got so big.

Love U so very much, and miss you..........

Me

Old Aug 16th 2001, 8:20 pm
Hotman54

This is the same URL I have, and it just never seems to load! Anyone else having
this problem?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alvena Ferreira" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
alt.visa.us.marriage-based Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 7:00 AM Subject: Re: What
happened to the TSC complaint board?

>
[usenetquote2]> > I have not been able to access it for 2 days! Is the server down, or did someone[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > from TSC begin to maintain it![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >