Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My family and I got our green cards, accept for my son!

Wikiposts

My family and I got our green cards, accept for my son!

Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My family and I got our green cards, accept for my son!

Originally Posted by debrajulia1966
So wot the heck happened to Elvira's son???

The family all received their green cards but their son's case pending due to security checks. Took several years to get it straightened out.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi peeps,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience as me. My husband, my two children and I have all received our green cards, however my 17 year old son has not. Naturally all the paperwork was filed together, our attorney's got through to the USCIS only to be told to call back in 30 days! Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks.

Debra
My daughter and I received ours on the same day...but my husband's didn't arrive. He gave it a week or so then contacted the USCIS...he was told the three had been sent out together. In the end it was assumed it had got lost in the mail and a new one was re-issued. I think it was received about 2/3 months later.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

debrajulia1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well, I'm not sure, and they aren't either! Relying on the online notification, especially when the whole family's cases have been approved, isn't very... well, reliable. They should check with their lawyer.
It would be a shame to be strung out as long as E's son was, that's for sure.
The first thing we did was to check with our attorney. The attorney contacted the USCIS, they gave them the same information as the website, case is pending. They were told to contact the USCIS in 30 days. So basically that's all that can be done. The attorney is gonna wait the 30 days and contact them again. And so the bat and ball game continues!

In the meantime, if we need to leave the country my son has to reenter on his advanced parole, whilst we'll all have our green cards. However, we aren't planning on any trips, so that really isn't a problem at the moment.

It's all a waiting game, we've waited over 4 years, so I'm guessing a few more months isn't really gonna make much difference, but I'd just like it all wrapped up and not have to worry about it! Four years of worry is ample time for anyone!!!!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

debrajulia1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
The family all received their green cards but their son's case pending due to security checks. Took several years to get it straightened out.
Blimey took several years to sort out! What the heck! How did she know that the delay was due to a security check?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

DebraJulia is a jewel in the roughDebraJulia is a jewel in the roughDebraJulia is a jewel in the roughDebraJulia is a jewel in the roughDebraJulia is a jewel in the rough

Hi peeps,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience as me. My husband, my two children and I have all received our green cards, however my 17 year old son has not. Naturally all the paperwork was filed together, our attorney's got through to the USCIS only to be told to call back in 30 days! Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks.

Debra
Well panic over, my son has received his welcome notice, just waiting for the actual green card now! Yay!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraJulia
Well panic over, my son has received his welcome notice, just waiting for the actual green card now! Yay!
Hurrah...that's encouraging for me as my hubby received his a week after the e-mail approval where as I'm still waiting for mine and the kids (he jokes that he didn't actually put us on the forms....ha bl**dy ha!!)
Glad your son's turned up
Old Feb 13th 2009, 1:47 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
Hurrah...that's encouraging for me as my hubby received his a week after the e-mail approval where as I'm still waiting for mine and the kids (he jokes that he didn't actually put us on the forms....ha bl**dy ha!!)
Glad your son's turned up
hah - my husband cant try that as i have seen the receipts for us all!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
hah - my husband cant try that as i have seen the receipts for us all!
clever girl