Reload this Page >

My Driss is here...woooohoooooooo

My Driss is here...woooohoooooooo

Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:33 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Driss is here...woooohoooooooo

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
Hi all. Driss has arrived with no problems Thank God!!!
He arrived at JFK on Friday March 12th 3:30pm
He went through with no problems. He did have to wait a little longer than 3 hours but was all-good. He missed his flight and they set him up with the next flight to Dc. (was the last one of the day) He was able to catch his next flight on the scheduled time. In NY they asked him:
How long you will stay in the USA? His answer; indefinitely
To whom you will go to? Answer was of coarse my wife
You don’t have $10,000? Driss laughed and said, do you think I have 10,000? And they all laugh.
Then he looked at papers and passport and sends him to his next flight.
They actually held the plane up for Driss because he only had 5 min to get to it from immigration. He was running to the plane and when he got in eye view they ask him..Are you Yousfi?? Are you Yousfi?? When he said yes they said….We wait for you . He apologized and they said no problem. He had a very good experience coming into the US. I meet him in Charlotte and was waiting at the wrong place. But I spotted him from across the airport and we “ran� to each other.
All his luggage was lost so his first stop in America was at Wal-Mart. The next day they flew his luggage to our town in Tennessee.
Just want to say Thank you everyone for all your support!! Im sure we will have many more question coming up, as we are about to get started on the SS and Work thingy and whatever else we need to do. Im just now starting to read the next steps.
Thanks again. Alicia and Driss
We are very happy for you.....and are stunned about that EAD stamp....used your info to start a question on a new thread.
Enjoy life together........
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

lulusmom is an unknown quantity at this point

He went through with no problems. He did have to wait a little longer than 3 hours but was all-good. He missed his flight and they set him up with the next flight to Dc. (was the last one of the day) He was able to catch his next flight on the scheduled time. In NY they asked him:
You don’t have $10,000? Driss laughed and said, do you think I have 10,000? And they all laugh.
They actually held the plane up for Driss because he only had 5 min to get to it from immigration. He was running to the plane and when he got in eye view they ask him..Are you Yousfi?? Are you Yousfi?? When he said yes they said….We wait for you . He apologized and they said no problem. He had a very good experience coming into the US. I meet him in Charlotte and was waiting at the wrong place. But I spotted him from across the airport and we “ran� to each other.
All his luggage was lost so his first stop in America was at Wal-Mart. The next day they flew his luggage to our town in Tennessee.
Just want to say Thank you everyone for all your support!! Im sure we will have many more question coming up, as we are about to get started on the SS and Work thingy and whatever else we need to do. Im just now starting to read the next steps.
Congratulations, you guys!
What a wonderful feeling to finally be together again. I wish you the very best in life and hope that you will find every happiness....

Peace,
~kristine
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all!!! Yes we are still in the clouds! Unfortunantly I could not take off work right now. So we only get the evenings together. And im not at a pc during work so I have became somewhat the stranger I said I would not be to here.

As far as his stamp......he has it, not sure if it will do any good or not. I really wasnt aware that it was only for k-1ers. Maybe we will find out it will not do us any good to have it. But we are about to work on things soon.
To be honest I dont care, In just so happy he is finally here. We are having a great time together. And Driss being home all day he is becoming very domesticated.

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hooray!!!! Congratulations Alicia, and Welcome to America, Driss!! I'm so glad his POE experience was a smooth one. OK, I hate to ask....but....I thought K-3 entries didn't get the work auth. stamp at the POE, only K-1's got that? (go ahead Rene, open up a can of worms..LOL)

Congrats again!
Rene
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Khadija
How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted on how you all adjust and have him sign up for the NG!

Patty

Patty ........We are soooooo happy for you and your Hubby!! I see he finally has his visa in hand. This is such great news!!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:10 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Wooo Alicia!! That is so great!! I am so happy to hear you are finally together!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Nassara
Congrats Alicia and Driss from Alicia and Idriss. It must have been a wonderful experience to see your husband . Alicia you said Yousfi ,this is really wierd my husbands name is Yousfu Idriss
that is really bizarre anyway I hope that are 'charma' is working the same and I too will meet my hubby at Charlotte, Im in NC . Enjoy your amazing new life together.
Since its St Patty's I am green with envy

This is so wild about our names!!!! When will you meet your husband??? Yes Driss name is...Driss Yousfi. Where are you both from?? It was so wonderful seeing Driss after 9 months!! We could not sleep for the first 2 days. And still after 5 days we have a hard time closing our eyes, because its still unbeliveable that we are finally together. We are in East Tn next to the NC border. Wishing you both the best!!!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hypertweeky

Thanks so much
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:15 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
Originally posted by Hypertweeky

Thanks so much
Don't need to thank me
Old Mar 18th 2004, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Patty ........We are soooooo happy for you and your Hubby!! I see he finally has his visa in hand. This is such great news!!!!!
I'm a little envious you were able to be reunited so quickly but, in the end, he gets a little extra time with his family and I'll get to see them once more before we get caught up in our lives here. Inshaallah, it what was meant to be.

I'll be really curious about whether that EAD stamp works or not! My guess is, if it does, it's only for 90 days anyway and you'd still have to apply for an EAD.

Cheers and congrats again...

Patty
Old Mar 18th 2004, 4:10 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Alicia and Driss. I'm so happy for you both.
:PARTY: :PARTY:
I also want to compliment you (Alicia) on your positive attitude throughout. What you put out there is what you get back, and you always put really good vibes out there.

Old Mar 19th 2004, 11:46 am
Weary and Still Waiverin'

Nassara is an unknown quantity at this point

This is so wild about our names!!!! When will you meet your husband??? Yes Driss name is...Driss Yousfi. Where are you both from?? It was so wonderful seeing Driss after 9 months!! We could not sleep for the first 2 days. And still after 5 days we have a hard time closing our eyes, because its still unbeliveable that we are finally together. We are in East Tn next to the NC border. Wishing you both the best!!!
Its is wild I am from NC he is from West Africa If God is willing they say this month or next he will come home
I am very excited for you have fun with your Husband!!!!!!! l