Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My Driss is here...woooohoooooooo

My Driss is here...woooohoooooooo

Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Driss is here...woooohoooooooo

Hi all. Driss has arrived with no problems Thank God!!!
He arrived at JFK on Friday March 12th 3:30pm
He went through with no problems. He did have to wait a little longer than 3 hours but was all-good. He missed his flight and they set him up with the next flight to Dc. (was the last one of the day) He was able to catch his next flight on the scheduled time. In NY they asked him:
How long you will stay in the USA? His answer; indefinitely
To whom you will go to? Answer was of coarse my wife
You don’t have $10,000? Driss laughed and said, do you think I have 10,000? And they all laugh.
Then he looked at papers and passport and sends him to his next flight.
They actually held the plane up for Driss because he only had 5 min to get to it from immigration. He was running to the plane and when he got in eye view they ask him..Are you Yousfi?? Are you Yousfi?? When he said yes they said….We wait for you . He apologized and they said no problem. He had a very good experience coming into the US. I meet him in Charlotte and was waiting at the wrong place. But I spotted him from across the airport and we “ran� to each other.
All his luggage was lost so his first stop in America was at Wal-Mart. The next day they flew his luggage to our town in Tennessee.
Just want to say Thank you everyone for all your support!! Im sure we will have many more question coming up, as we are about to get started on the SS and Work thingy and whatever else we need to do. Im just now starting to read the next steps.
Thanks again. Alicia and Driss
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

masri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Driss is here...woooohoooooooo

Congrats Alicia! It's always reassuring to hear of a smooth POE experience.

One question though, why did he come through JFK versus DC? Wouldn't DC be closer for you?

Mohamed

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
He went through with no problems. He did have to wait a little longer than 3 hours but was all-good. He missed his flight and they set him up with the next flight to Dc. (was the last one of the day) He was able to catch his next flight on the scheduled time. In NY they asked him:
You don’t have $10,000? Driss laughed and said, do you think I have 10,000? And they all laugh.
They actually held the plane up for Driss because he only had 5 min to get to it from immigration. He was running to the plane and when he got in eye view they ask him..Are you Yousfi?? Are you Yousfi?? When he said yes they said….We wait for you . He apologized and they said no problem. He had a very good experience coming into the US. I meet him in Charlotte and was waiting at the wrong place. But I spotted him from across the airport and we “ran� to each other.
All his luggage was lost so his first stop in America was at Wal-Mart. The next day they flew his luggage to our town in Tennessee.
Just want to say Thank you everyone for all your support!! Im sure we will have many more question coming up, as we are about to get started on the SS and Work thingy and whatever else we need to do. Im just now starting to read the next steps.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Mohamed, Yes DC is closer but we wanted to get the stamp that JFK gives. And to make sure that he got this stamp we chose JFK. Sorry I forgot the name of this stamp right now and all the papers are not close, but is has something to do with work. Maybe Temp work stamp

Originally posted by masri
Congrats Alicia! It's always reassuring to hear of a smooth POE experience.

One question though, why did he come through JFK versus DC? Wouldn't DC be closer for you?

Mohamed
Old Mar 17th 2004, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

bluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud of

Congratulations!!! Enjoy...

Old Mar 17th 2004, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 11:27 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Congratski!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 11:34 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congrats!!!!! Now enjoy!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! You must be on cloud 9

Angela
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray!!!! Congratulations Alicia, and Welcome to America, Driss!! I'm so glad his POE experience was a smooth one. OK, I hate to ask....but....I thought K-3 entries didn't get the work auth. stamp at the POE, only K-1's got that? (go ahead Rene, open up a can of worms..LOL)

Congrats again!
Rene
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congrasts
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:36 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Yipeee!!! Congratulations, Alicia! I'm glad to be hearing so many positive experiences with JFK.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

masri is an unknown quantity at this point

Heba,

I noticed that too, that's why I asked Alicia if there was a specific reason for opting for JFK versus DC. I'm worried DC POE officers might be less experienced and therefore give people more of a hassle. So I'm thinking of flying to JFK, then on to DC, if the JFK POE experiences there are always so positive.

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Yipeee!!! Congratulations, Alicia! I'm glad to be hearing so many positive experiences with JFK.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted on how you all adjust and have him sign up for the NG!

Patty
Old Mar 17th 2004, 7:35 pm
Weary and Still Waiverin'

Nassara is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Alicia and Driss from Alicia and Idriss. It must have been a wonderful experience to see your husband . Alicia you said Yousfi ,this is really wierd my husbands name is Yousfu Idriss
that is really bizarre anyway I hope that are 'charma' is working the same and I too will meet my hubby at Charlotte, Im in NC . Enjoy your amazing new life together.
Since its St Patty's I am green with envy
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Glad to hear that Driss is here, had a good POE experience AND managed to pick up the temporary EAD... Full house I'd say!

Congratulations, I hope your lives together now will be everything you've always wished for.

Karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.