Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

.: MY "DCF" CR-1 JOURNEY // STORY & DOCUMENTS & LINKS :.

Wikiposts

.: MY "DCF" CR-1 JOURNEY // STORY & DOCUMENTS & LINKS :.

Old May 20th 2013, 4:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: .: MY "DCF" CR-1 JOURNEY // STORY & DOCUMENTS & LINKS :.

Originally Posted by courtneyandsam
Thank you for your reply. Just to confirm, we will not need to include the i684 in any of our applications, and we will only need to prove our financial status/savings in our interview?
If you are doing a DCF case, where the I-130 was filed directly to London, then the I-864 and supporting evidence goes with you to your in-person visa interview. So what you said is correct, yes.

Rene
Old May 20th 2013, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

courtneyandsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you are doing a DCF case, where the I-130 was filed directly to London, then the I-864 and supporting evidence goes with you to your in-person visa interview. So what you said is correct, yes.

Rene
Thank you, thank you!
Old May 27th 2013, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelloHello78
Just found this post as my husband and I are going through this process now. It is an ENORMOUS help. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!!
Hi HH,

You're absolutely welcome; it makes it all worthwhile to hear that it's of help to others embarking on the same [or similar] process! Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to help.

Best of luck with the visa process

Rich.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All...

Just to let you know, my wife and I will be entering the States in just a couple of weeks through Minneapolis St Paul International Airport [MSP] on a flight from London Heathrow Airport [LHR]. My wife is a USC and I will be entering on my CR-1 visa which was approved on 07 March 2013 here in London.

I'll return to this post with a comprehensive update on my experience at the point of entry [POE], and subsequently waiting for my green card and Social Security Number to arrive. It's been an interesting journey but the end is in sight and a whole new chapter is set to begin...

Cheers,
Rich.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:55 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I hate MSP. It's the only US airport where I've encountered problems with either immigration or customs, and at MSP I had trouble with both.

Not that I've been through international arrivals at very many US airports, but I do now avoid this one.

Regards, JEff
Old Jun 13th 2013, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I hate MSP. It's the only US airport where I've encountered problems with either immigration or customs, and at MSP I had trouble with both.
I'd love to say that's encouraging JEff, but uh....

What happened there when you entered? Is there anything I can do, prepare, say, or bring to avoid the potential issues you mentioned with MSP?

Cheers,
Rich.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 4:18 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richbogle84
To balance that, Sheila and I have flown into MSP several times over the years and have never had a problem with immigration or customs.

Is there anything I can do, prepare, say, or bring to avoid the potential issues you mentioned with MSP?
You betcha! If you haven't yet seen the movie, watch Fargo. Make sure that after every few words, you intersperse such comments as, "Oh, yah" and "you betcha" and (when talking to your wife) "what now are you thinking?". They'll think you're a local.

Ian
Old Jun 13th 2013, 6:21 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I think we just ran into the wrong people on that particular entry. Ignore my post and trust Ian's.

Regards, JEff

What happened there when you entered? Is there anything I can do, prepare, say, or bring to avoid the potential issues you mentioned with MSP?

Cheers,
Rich.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough

Hi All...

Just to let you know, my wife and I will be entering the States in just a couple of weeks through Minneapolis St Paul International Airport [MSP] on a flight from London Heathrow Airport [LHR]. My wife is a USC and I will be entering on my CR-1 visa which was approved on 07 March 2013 here in London.

I'll return to this post with a comprehensive update on my experience at the point of entry [POE], and subsequently waiting for my green card and Social Security Number to arrive. It's been an interesting journey but the end is in sight and a whole new chapter is set to begin...

Cheers,
Rich.
Are you going to live in Minnesota?

I am in Wisconsin now, I entered through O'Hare. I got here about 7 weeks ago. I said on another post somewhere, but my Social Security card didn't arrive after two weeks (something like that, whatever the guideline time was) so I went to the local office and it was here a few days after that. The Green Card was here a few days after that, I think I'd been here about 3 weeks then.

Good luck, I've never had problems on the odd occasions I entered in MSP (on VWP) either, my wife lived there for a few years.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You betcha! If you haven't yet seen the movie, watch Fargo. Make sure that after every few words, you intersperse such comments as, "Oh, yah" and "you betcha" and (when talking to your wife) "what now are you thinking?". They'll think you're a local.
HaHaa!! I can't quite work out which part would be funniest; me trying to say those things in an american accent, having staff treat me like a local, or seeing the look on my wife's face!! HaHaa!!
Old Jun 13th 2013, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys,

I'm flying into MSP on 03 July, before my CR-1 immigrant visa expires on 21 July 2013. We're going to be visiting some of my wife's relatives near Duluth and taking that time as a holiday vacation before we drive to Colorado, where we hope to settle in the Greater Denver Area

I've only once been through MSP (on VWP) last year. I was connecting there for a flight to Alaska, and have to admit I've never been through US immigration and customs quicker at any other airport. Very efficient, but as JEff is saying, it could've just been that particular day. To be honest, we're so busy wrapping up our affairs here in the UK, we don't have the time or energy to worry about any issues we might encounter. In the meantime I'll just work on my american accent as Ian suggests, and try to hide the irish twang

Cheers,
Rich.

Last edited by richbogle84; Jun 13th 2013 at 8:45 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Carlisle401 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll just work on my american accent as Ian suggests, and try to hide the irish twang

Cheers,
Rich.
Thanks for a wonderful report. It will be helpful for myself and I'm sure many others.

Keep your own accent. North or South?

Good luck
Old Jun 17th 2013, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carlisle401
Keep your own accent. North or South?
Northern Ireland -- Antrim. It would be a hard accent to hide!

Will let you all know how it goes at POE.

Cheers,
Rich.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough

Good luck, I'm sure things will go really well for you.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Carlisle401 is an unknown quantity at this point

Northern Ireland -- Antrim. It would be a hard accent to hide!

Will let you all know how it goes at POE.

Cheers,
Rich.
I am Newtownards, Co Down

Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.