My Day at the Embassy

Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

JTJD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Day at the Embassy

Well today was the day, so let me tell you what happened.

First off due to work commitements and other reasons, we decided to drive down, my friend (mark) decided it would be good fun as he had things to do in London as well.

We set off at Midnight, yes midnight (london is only 4 hours away), and with several rests inbetween got to the doctors office at around 6.30am.

We decided to park there, opposite the doctors are coin metres, £3 for one hour, so be warned, however you dont have to feed the metres until 8.30.

8.00 oclock comes and a lot (around 20) are there to see the doctor, the doctor experince took around 3hrs to complete, again there was a lot of people there and more were coming in when we left.

My blood pressure were high, but then again I am OVERWEIGHT.

After being checked and having no VACCANATION records I was told that i need the MMR, but I can get it done at my doctors.

Given my exrays and then told to go to the embassy.

Jump in the car and dropped outside the embassy, mark is going to do some shopping and to give him a call when ready.

When you go to the embassy, look for the small portacabin, and make your way through there.

Hand your mobile phone in to the guy on the desk, and upstairs to the right, hand them your appointment sheet.

After a while, he will call you back and ask for documents.

As he was asking for mine, I give them to him, and I pointed out that I had a CRIMINAL CONVECTION 12 years for threating words and behaviour, he told me that it wasent a problem, and to sit back down.

Desk 6 called and asked me how I met, where Im going to live, and are there any Lancashire people in Oregon, I laughed, he then said that the Blood tests were ok, to sit back down and he will do the VISA as soon as possible.

I must have waited about an hour, then the visa arrived and I left.

So to recap

I am Overweight
I have High blood pressure
I am Diabetic
and 12years ago I did commit a small criminal offence.

So if you have any or all of the following, as long as you tell the truth (it seems to me that the truth was what they wanted) then you should be ok.

America here I come
Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:56 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Day at the Embassy

Congratulations.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:00 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! When will you be flying to the US?
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:07 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations

No more need to worry now, just book the flight and get on with your life
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations...
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

JTJD - Many Congratulations! :-)

Charlie - now you're a fish!? :-)
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:52 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Noorah101
Charlie - now you're a fish!? :-)

Yup. I got bored and started surfing clip-art sites. Besides which, my better half (Sandy) says there is something fishy about me
Old Nov 6th 2003, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 10:40 pm
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by JTJD

First off due to work commitements and other reasons, we decided to drive down, my friend (mark) decided it would be good fun as he had things to do in London as well.

We set off at Midnight, yes midnight (london is only 4 hours away), and with several rests inbetween got to the doctors office at around 6.30am.

We decided to park there, opposite the doctors are coin metres, ?3 for one hour, so be warned, however you dont have to feed the metres until 8.30.

8.00 oclock comes and a lot (around 20) are there to see the doctor, the doctor experince took around 3hrs to complete, again there was a lot of people there and more were coming in when we left.

After being checked and having no VACCANATION records I was told that i need the MMR, but I can get it done at my doctors.

Jump in the car and dropped outside the embassy, mark is going to do some shopping and to give him a call when ready.

When you go to the embassy, look for the small portacabin, and make your way through there.

Hand your mobile phone in to the guy on the desk, and upstairs to the right, hand them your appointment sheet.

As he was asking for mine, I give them to him, and I pointed out that I had a CRIMINAL CONVECTION 12 years for threating words and behaviour, he told me that it wasent a problem, and to sit back down.

Desk 6 called and asked me how I met, where Im going to live, and are there any Lancashire people in Oregon, I laughed, he then said that the Blood tests were ok, to sit back down and he will do the VISA as soon as possible.

So to recap

I am Overweight
I am Diabetic

So if you have any or all of the following, as long as you tell the truth (it seems to me that the truth was what they wanted) then you should be ok.

America here I come
Congrates and have a safe flight to your new home destination!
Cindy
Old Nov 6th 2003, 10:43 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

We decided to park there, opposite the doctors are coin metres, £3 for one hour, so be warned, however you dont have to feed the metres until 8.30.

So to recap

I am Overweight
I am Diabetic

America here I come

CONGRATS!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2003, 5:33 am
Michelle.Moir

That's a great day out in London I'm thrilled for ya Best of Luck on
a nice flight home to your soon to be wife !
Must be the best feeling ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be going through
London so good to hear it was painless

Michelle & Herb
NOA1 21st April 2003
NOA2 ....soon I hope ! day 201 with Nebraska now

"JTJD" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Well today was the day, so let me tell you what happened.
    > First off due to work commitements and other reasons, we decided to
    > drive down, my friend (mark) decided it would be good fun as he had
    > things to do in London as well.
    > We set off at Midnight, yes midnight (london is only 4 hours away), and
    > with several rests inbetween got to the doctors office at around 6.30am.
    > We decided to park there, opposite the doctors are coin metres, £3
    > for one hour, so be warned, however you dont have to feed the metres
    > until 8.30.
    > 8.00 oclock comes and a lot (around 20) are there to see the doctor, the
    > doctor experince took around 3hrs to complete, again there was a lot
    > of people there and more were coming in when we left.
    > My blood pressure were high, but then again I am OVERWEIGHT.
    > After being checked and having no VACCANATION records I was told that i
    > need the MMR, but I can get it done at my doctors.
    > Given my exrays and then told to go to the embassy.
    > Jump in the car and dropped outside the embassy, mark is going to do
    > some shopping and to give him a call when ready.
    > When you go to the embassy, look for the small portacabin, and make your
    > way through there.
    > Hand your mobile phone in to the guy on the desk, and upstairs to the
    > right, hand them your appointment sheet.
    > After a while, he will call you back and ask for documents.
    > As he was asking for mine, I give them to him, and I pointed out that I
    > had a CRIMINAL CONVECTION 12 years for threating words and behaviour, he
    > told me that it wasent a problem, and to sit back down.
    > Desk 6 called and asked me how I met, where Im going to live, and are
    > there any Lancashire people in Oregon, I laughed, he then said that the
    > Blood tests were ok, to sit back down and he will do the VISA as soon
    > as possible.
    > I must have waited about an hour, then the visa arrived and I left.
    > So to recap
    > I am Overweight
    > I have High blood pressure
    > I am Diabetic
    > and 12years ago I did commit a small criminal offence.
    > So if you have any or all of the following, as long as you tell the
    > truth (it seems to me that the truth was what they wanted) then you
    > should be ok.
    > America here I come
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Nov 8th 2003, 4:23 pm
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you so much for posting your experience at the interview. My sweetie's appointment is in just a few weeks, so we're gobbling up every story we can find hehe.
Old Nov 8th 2003, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

So to recap

I am Overweight
I am Diabetic

America here I come
Congratulations. Welcome to America.

Just a little OT: I read David McCullough's fine biography of John Adams last year. He was the second president of the United States and was our first ambassador to the Court of Saint James. [Mr. Adams had previously been on the list of revolutionaries who was not be given amnesty when the colonies when the insurrection was supressed -- he was to be hung].

As the first US Ambassador, Adams was the one who secured the site on Grosvenor Square over 200 years ago. It is the oldest continuously used site for a US Embassy in the world.
Old Nov 8th 2003, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Charlie -

Over 'ere, on this side of the pond, we 'ave something called deodorant. Works wonders and you can buy the stuff 'most anywhere. Maybe Sandy will change her mind about thinkin' there's somethin' fishy 'bout you. It's worth a try, mate. No charge, 'appy to 'elp a feller out.

Richard III

Originally posted by CharlieS
Yup. I got bored and started surfing clip-art sites. Besides which, my better half (Sandy) says there is something fishy about me
Old Nov 8th 2003, 11:40 pm
Charlie Tuna

LOL.
I've been using fish as deodrant. See what happens when i listen to peoples advice

Originally posted by Richard III
Charlie -
Over 'ere, on this side of the pond, we 'ave something called deodorant. Works wonders and you can buy the stuff 'most anywhere. Maybe Sandy will change her mind about thinkin' there's somethin' fishy 'bout you. It's worth a try, mate. No charge, 'appy to 'elp a feller out.
Richard III

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.