Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

MSC/NBC where are the approvals

MSC/NBC where are the approvals

Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MSC/NBC where are the approvals

My date is 8/6 and I had my lawyer, my congressman and my assemblyman all write letters and still nothing. NBC wrote back that I would be receive my decision (approval) within the time frame. I wonder what time frame that is because the people on the phone say 60 days and on the internet it says 60 to 90 days. Well today is 90 days and nothing. It's sad that our lives are in these people's hands. Absolute joke in my opinion.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MSC/NBC where are the approvals

Originally posted by tmushen
My date is 8/6 and I had my lawyer, my congressman and my assemblyman all write letters and still nothing. NBC wrote back that I would be receive my decision (approval) within the time frame. I wonder what time frame that is because the people on the phone say 60 days and on the internet it says 60 to 90 days. Well today is 90 days and nothing. It's sad that our lives are in these people's hands. Absolute joke in my opinion.
Hang in there and TRY to not let it embitter you. OK I'm pissed off too but what can we do but wait.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

saadq17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lpdiver
Hang in there and TRY to not let it embitter you. OK I'm pissed off too but what can we do but wait.
just wanted to add my name to the list of pissed off ppl. :lecture:
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:20 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Dosn't your attorney know about the NBC reports given to AILA, and how to use those reports to determine if your case is likely with an officer yet (IBIS wrinkle) and if so, its overdue date? You can't use the numbers quoted on the receipt notice or on the online or phone system to determine this. Using the faulty data on the receipt notice or on the online or phone system is a sure fire way to have "unrealistic" expectations.

Look for the NBC (Former MSC) reports at, http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:44 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

What options are available to us once we do pass the overdue date? When I called the misinformation line this week, I was that my case was overdue because more than 12 days had passed since MSC acknowledged receipt of my reply to the RFE. They are going to make an inquiry, plus I contacted my congressman about it, but aside from that, do we really have any choice other to just be patient?

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Dosn't your attorney know about the NBC reports given to AILA, and how to use those reports to determine if your case is likely with an officer yet (IBIS wrinkle) and if so, its overdue date?
Old Nov 7th 2003, 5:01 am
Bill Murphy

saadq17 <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by lpdiver
    >
    > > Hang in there and TRY to not let it embitter you. OK I'm pissed off
    > > too but what can we do but wait.
    >
    >
    >
    > just wanted to add my name to the list of pissed off ppl. :lecture:

You have plenty of company believe me. Most Americans think that when
you marry someone from another country, they can just come here with
you. Everyone I have encountered expresses surprise that my wife
cannot come to be with me for another 4 or 5 months. I think if the
situation with the BCIS was more well known or affected more US
citizens, something would change. Personally I think EVERY American
who gets married should not be allowed to live with their spouse until
BCIS "approves" their marriage. Allow every American to see their tax
dollars at work - or should I say - NOT at work!

Old Nov 7th 2003, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Chaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine not approval but still a Replay so urs is not far away =)
Old Nov 9th 2003, 4:43 pm
Michelle.Moir

I fully agree with your opinion ! Shocking that people have to put their
lives on hold for toooooooooooo Long !
We are on day 202 with Nebraska 1-129F ! Wake up Nebraska Corn Season
must be over now ! LOL

Michelle & Herb
NOA1 21st April
NOA2 ....who knows ???????

"Chaz" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by tmushen
    > > My date is 8/6 and I had my lawyer, my congressman and my assemblyman
    > > all write letters and still nothing. NBC wrote back that I would be
    > > receive my decision (approval) within the time frame. I wonder what
    > > time frame that is because the people on the phone say 60 days and on
    > > the internet it says 60 to 90 days. Well today is 90 days and
    > > nothing. It's sad that our lives are in these people's hands.
    > > Absolute joke in my opinion.
    > I got mine not approval but still a Replay so urs is not far away =)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Nov 10th 2003, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point

Our NOA1 date is 8/4. We haven't been approved yet, but they contacted us saying that they didn't have our 325 forms. They must have lost them. These forms will be sent in on Monday, and hopefully an approval will quickly follow.

If you are 8/6, I bet you see something any day now.

Michael
Old Nov 10th 2003, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

saadq17 is an unknown quantity at this point

glasgowm!

they lost your 325 forms !! :scared: :scared:

that's sooo crazy!

--saadq17

Originally posted by glasgowm
Our NOA1 date is 8/4. We haven't been approved yet, but they contacted us saying that they didn't have our 325 forms. They must have lost them. These forms will be sent in on Monday, and hopefully an approval will quickly follow.

Michael
Old Nov 10th 2003, 6:32 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

So what was the verdict on that Michael? Was it considered a real RFE??

Leslie

Michael
Old Nov 10th 2003, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Leslie66
So what was the verdict on that Michael? Was it considered a real RFE??

Leslie

Yes, this is very crazy. How could they lose 8 pages of signed documents from our file.

I just got an email from my lawyer. He said that this is an RFE. He's going to FAX me the letter for me to see. He said that we should get approved within 30 days of receipt of the new documents. We should have them on their way tomorrow. Still waiting on a FedEx from Panama. I'll post the RFE info on the timelines once I get it.

I hope that once they get the forms, they approve it quickly.

Michael
Old Nov 10th 2003, 6:59 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Incredible!! Not completely unheard of, but what in God's name happened? I know you included them in your original paperwork, (as detail oriented as you are). That is absolutely crazy.

Leslie

Yes, this is very crazy. How could they lose 8 pages of signed documents from our file.

I just got an email from my lawyer. He said that this is an RFE. He's going to FAX me the letter for me to see. He said that we should get approved within 30 days of receipt of the new documents. We should have them on their way tomorrow. Still waiting on a FedEx from Panama. I'll post the RFE info on the timelines once I get it.

I hope that once they get the forms, they approve it quickly.

Michael
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Leslie66
Incredible!! Not completely unheard of, but what in God's name happened? I know you included them in your original paperwork, (as detail oriented as you are). That is absolutely crazy.

Leslie
I have not a clue as to what could have happened. They were definitely in the package we sent in. I hired a lawyer to handle on this for me and he definitely sent them in. I am anxious to see the RFE date from the form. I wonder if the fact that my congressman's aid called about our case 2 weeks ago. Maybe they don't like scutiny and when they get pressured, forms disappear, or more evidence is required.

I'm trying to look on the bright side of this. This should mean that as soon as they receive the forms, we should get approved. I wonder how long it takes for them to find their way from receiving to the inspector who is working on our case.

Michael
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:09 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

I wonder how long it takes for them to find their way from receiving to the inspector who is working on our case.

Michael
Take a look at my timeline. I'm getting very bitter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.