MSC *EAD* Roll Call

Old Apr 21st 2003, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

xiomi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lucymoody
Xiomi,
In Providence, for example, the ASC (Applicant Support Office) is open on Saturday. I think it all depends on which office you are going to.
For me (and for others, as far as I can tell) the process was surprisingly painless - took about 20 minutes. So hopefully, it won't be a huge time sink. Also, your husband could go without you. It's not like for an AOS interview where they need to see the spouse.

Thanks!! I've set up the appointment for Saturday the 26th.
Unfortunantely, my hubby and I are sharing the car so we'll have to go together. Thanks everyone! Hopefully our EAD cards get processed soon.

Is anyone thinking about filing for AOS already??
We're thinking the next couple of weeks we'll be sending out our I-485.

Xiomi

PS - We are so overwhelmed with joy with my husband here. I don't it to end EVER!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

pitani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS FILING?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xiomi

We are contemplating it since our I-130 application has reached the 250 day mark. If you apply for AOS now, will you have to do it again before the 2 year mark? This is all so confusing.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS FILING?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pitani
Originally posted by xiomi

We are contemplating it since our I-130 application has reached the 250 day mark. If you apply for AOS now, will you have to do it again before the 2 year mark? This is all so confusing.

Pitani:

My husband and I are facing the same dilema. Either to wait for the I-130 to be approved at VSC or sending the AOS papers now with the pendiing I-130 application ???!!!

We are so confused at this point. I havent seen any I-130 approvals from VSC posted on this NG, our 1st NOA is 10-8-02 and nothing yet. I am also so afraid of getting an RFE, we all know how that works !!

~Claudia
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

dailyn is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the latest INS processing times on April 15, 2003, MSC was processing I-765s with receipt dates of Feb 25, 2003.

That's not too bad right!? Hopefully, we'll be all set around our 1st anniversary on June 15th

I can't wait until he can get a job you guys!
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 2:35 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by claudia13839
Pitani:

My husband and I are facing the same dilema. Either to wait for the I-130 to be approved at VSC or sending the AOS papers now with the pendiing I-130 application ???!!!

We are so confused at this point. I havent seen any I-130 approvals from VSC posted on this NG, our 1st NOA is 10-8-02 and nothing yet. I am also so afraid of getting an RFE, we all know how that works !!

~Claudia

Remember how Mr F mentioned about filing for a new 130 locally concurrent with the AOS? With TSC's processing date STILL at 08 June 01 (has been there since Dec 02) that is something that we're going to have to seriously consider.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

pitani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cindyabs
Remember how Mr F mentioned about filing for a new 130 locally concurrent with the AOS? With TSC's processing date STILL at 08 June 01 (has been there since Dec 02) that is something that we're going to have to seriously consider.
Cindy,

Wasn't it mentioned that if you filed another I-130, it would be sent back because you already have one on file? I thought I read that somewhere.

On another note, I am glad to see that the date for processing I-765s has moved up to 2/25/03. It looks like we are looking at another month for our approval since our 1st NOA is dated 3/20/03.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:19 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Can't speak for every office but my local office won't accept a I-130/I-485 filing with an I-130 already pending at the service center as they consider it to be dupliclative filing.
I tried it last December and I spoke to the Congressional Liason's there - not just the desk IIO's.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:33 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pitani
Cindy,

Wasn't it mentioned that if you filed another I-130, it would be sent back because you already have one on file? I thought I read that somewhere.

On another note, I am glad to see that the date for processing I-765s has moved up to 2/25/03. It looks like we are looking at another month for our approval since our 1st NOA is dated 3/20/03.
I can't remember, will have to do some digging. I don't see why that should be a problem, especially if due to the backlog then you are caught between a rock and a hard place.
Old Apr 27th 2003, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Default Biometrics update

My husband had his picture and fingerprints taken this morning. It was a breeze........no wait at all. The entire procedure took about five minutes.

Any other EAD timelines on how long it will take for some of us on this forum to get our EAD cards??

We'll be filing for AOS in the next couple of weeks........I haven't heard much about not filing without approval of I-130.

Thanks all and keep us posted!!

Xiomi
Old Apr 27th 2003, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad it went well. I hope that when y'all start on AOS (presumably without the I-130) you keep us posted! I'd love to know how it works out.....haven't seen many EAD timelines recently, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone gets approved soon!
Old Apr 29th 2003, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hello fellow EAD waiters.....
I just have a question for any of you who have filled out the I-765. When it comes to question 10 (A number or I-94 number) I didn't think I had an alien number so I put the I-94 number But on this forum it seems that K3ers do have an alien number (I did just now find an a number starting with A on my 2nd NOA for I-129F, but not on the visa itself). What did you guys do? Do you think it matters? It seems they should be able to access my alien number (if they need it) from a database using my name or I-9 number. Gulp. I really don't want an RFE or any slowdown!!
Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, anyone hear of any recent EAD approvals from MSC?
Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:54 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Hey - here's an actual K-3 er who filed for AOS whilst I-130 was pending with a copy of the first NOA of the I-130.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...111#post758111

So it is possible. Certainly at some offices
Old May 2nd 2003, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

FlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to all

You pretty much can't talk to anyone at the local offices, they do everything they can to prevent this even if you could find number for a local office instead of the national number. And you have to file based on where you live, no way around it or all of us all over the country would file in Boston

-fr

Bless your dear heart! That is such a weight off my shoulders!!
It was thoughtful of you to go and look that up. I'm not surprised that so far most attorneys have continued to give misinformation as far as K3. It's very hard to know who to trust unless there is hard evidence in front of your eyes (ie: the Official Federal Register). I feel so lucky to have found the answers to so many questions in this forum.

My final concern is that I would love to file at the Boston office - because the EAD is same day. I will actually be living in Rhode Island though. I know that the Providence office is only a sub-office of the Boston one, but can I just go to Boston and file? How can I find this out? I haven't yet found contact numbers where I can speak to a human being at a BCIS office.
Old May 2nd 2003, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the input, FlightRisk. I had just been *hoping* that I could, as Providence has quite a small office, and I wasn't sure if they offered everything. I thought if they didn't, they might send me to Boston (as it's less than an hour away). Wishful thinking, clearly. And in any case, it's not even clear that AOS can be filed without a 2nd NOA for the I-130.
I wish someone's EAD would get approved!
Old May 2nd 2003, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the input, FlightRisk. I had just been *hoping* that I could, as Providence has quite a small office, and I wasn't sure if they offered everything. I thought if they didn't, they might send me to Boston (as it's less than an hour away). Wishful thinking, clearly. And in any case, it's not even clear that AOS can be filed without a 2nd NOA for the I-130.
I wish someone's EAD would get approved!
Did you notice someone's EAD got approved yesterday in less than 40 days??

Pitani should be hearing something soon as well.

Xiomi...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.