Moving from UK To USA

Old Mar 28th 2017, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from UK To USA

Once you are married YOU, the US citizen will have to sponsor your husband for a spouse visa.

Read the following carefully to see how you get started:

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-...nent-residents

There is a financial requirement to sponsor which you need to fulfill - it's around 20K to sponsor a spouse. Plenty of information on the above web site.

You need to complete an I-130 to get things moving.

The whole process takes between 8 to 10 months. During that time you can visit one another.

Budget for around 1K USD for visa fees, medicals, documentation etc.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Amethystmoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Once you are married YOU, the US citizen will have to sponsor your husband for a spouse visa.

Read the following carefully to see how you get started:

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-...nent-residents

There is a financial requirement to sponsor which you need to fulfill - it's around 20K to sponsor a spouse. Plenty of information on the above web site.

You need to complete an I-130 to get things moving.

The whole process takes between 8 to 10 months. During that time you can visit one another.

Budget for around 1K USD for visa fees, medicals, documentation etc.
Thank you!
Old Mar 29th 2017, 2:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I think Nutek has you both beat - going back to around 1995-96.
Never thought about members outside of the marriage-based visa forums. Those are the only members that I know such information about. Sorry, Nutek.