More proof

Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:12 pm
Peach & Dexy

dexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nice
Default More proof

NVC is asking for proof of my co-sponsors US citizenship, her birth certificate does not have her parents names on so they will not accept this.
Her passport is out of date....but will this be accepted??? or will she need to renew her passport???
Thanks, Dexy (Peach & Dexy)
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More proof

Originally Posted by dexy
NVC is asking for proof of my co-sponsors US citizenship, her birth certificate does not have her parents names on so they will not accept this.
Her passport is out of date....but will this be accepted??? or will she need to renew her passport???
I'd imagine that even an expired passport should suffice....be silly if it doesn't...but what's stopping them from renewing it?
Old Jun 5th 2005, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

Expired passports are usually still acceptable as proof of citizenship.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 1:13 am
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was filling the Fiance petition, on the form it said you could use a birth certificate or a passport that had been issued for at least 5 years. I had recently gotten a new one since my old one had expired and was told by the 800 number that it wasn't sufficient. I guess it depends on who you talk to...
Old Jun 6th 2005, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

This might be a silly question, but I'm just wondering if there are a lot of birth certificates which do not bear either of the parents names on them, (other than children placed for adoption)? And if so, what name do they give to the baby?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 1:22 am
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point

My situation was that I was not born in the USA but Germany when my dad was in the military. So my German birth certificate wouldn't work as proof of citizenship. I had to go through the archives in DC to get a consular birth report which took about 6 weeks.