Default And the months get longer... still waiting on SF AOS

Submitted K1 AOS paperwork in August 02. We were told the AOS
interview should be in Feburary 03.

We're still waiting... 9 months now I know there have been some
delays for San Francisco, but this is starting to get long. Is there
anything we can do?

Old Apr 15th 2003, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: And the months get longer... still waiting on SF AOS

Originally posted by Cassoval Aznable
Submitted K1 AOS paperwork in August 02. We were told the AOS

We're still waiting... 9 months now I know there have been some
delays for San Francisco, but this is starting to get long. Is there
anything we can do?

Hi

Can you give us the timeline in regards to the EAD and AP?
Thanks in advance.

Kat and Chris
Old Apr 15th 2003, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

We were told the AOS
Hello,

We are a transfer from Detroit, now in San Francisco. We filed an I-130/I-485 in November 2001, and we were told that we should get our AOS interview in SF in February. However, it didn't happen in February The INS liaison from SF told our congressperson on January 3rd that we should hear from the INS about an interview by early May. That doesn't sound like
it will happen...

If you get any news interview-wise, please let us know!!!

Caroline
Old Apr 16th 2003, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

gardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nice

9 months is way too long a wait. Call the BCIS Call Center at 1-800-375-5283, and press 1, 1, 1 to get a live person.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Call the BCIS Call Center at 1-800-375-5283, and press 1, 1, 1 to get a live person.
This is the national customer service. They can not do anything regarding local BCIS...

Caroline
Old Apr 16th 2003, 4:57 pm
Cassoval Aznable

gardener wrote in message news:...
    > 9 months is way too long a wait. Call the BCIS Call Center at
    > 1-800-375-5283, and press 1, 1, 1 to get a live person.

Thanks, I will call this number. What is BCIS? What info should I
have ready to give during the call?

I'll pass on whatever info I can get from this.

Old Apr 16th 2003, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

gardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nice

Cassoval,

I guess Caroline never tried calling the BCIS Call Center before, but I just got off the phone with them, and the lady told me that the turn around time at the SF office is 8 months, and that if you call them and give them your mailing date of the I-485, your name, address and telephone number, they will do what they can to get your case through the system.

I filed my wife's I-485 in March so I have a LONG way to go. At least she's getting to pick up her EAD tomorrow, so I know her case is not lost in the sysytem

Wish you luck,
Gardener
Old Apr 16th 2003, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Casssoval,

I forgot to answer your question about "What is BCIS?". It has taken over immigration tasks from the now defunct INS. The letters stand for "Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services."

It is under the newly-created Department of Homeland Security. We can thank (or curse) the events of 9-11 for necessitating these changes.

Gardener
Old Apr 16th 2003, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

I guess Caroline never tried calling the BCIS Call Center before
Actually, I have called them too many times... I have started the process in Nov. 2001!

What do you mean by getting your case through the system? To get your case in their database or to get your case processed.

I am desperate to get my correct address into the SF office database and to get my case moving. Last time I called the National customer service, they told me that they couldn't do anything, and that I had to contact my local office.

Caroline
Old Apr 16th 2003, 7:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gardener
Cassoval,

I guess Caroline never tried calling the BCIS Call Center before, but I just got off the phone with them, and the lady told me that the turn around time at the SF office is 8 months, and that if you call them and give them your mailing date of the I-485, your name, address and telephone number, they will do what they can to get your case through the system.

I filed my wife's I-485 in March so I have a LONG way to go. At least she's getting to pick up her EAD tomorrow, so I know her case is not lost in the sysytem

Wish you luck,
Gardener
Gardener

Caroline has called many times as have countless others on this newsgroup. The 1-800 number is a useless piece of %^& and the people manning the lines will tell you whatever comes into their heads just to get rid of you. The telephone operators at the 1-800 number do not have the authority to find out the status of your case at the local level. All that can be done is the filing of the inquiry form. An inquiry form that local BCIS offices never respond to.

Your wife is picking up her EAD in less than 60 days from filing and you are moaning about your long wait for AOS. Try living in Phoenix where you wait for 3 years or NYC where you wait 24 months.

The new head of BCIS is eliminating the phone numbers of inquiry at the service centers and re-routing everything to the 1-800 number. Here's hoping that they will (a) train the operators, (b) revamp the system for efficiency and (c) become consumer oriented.

Oh and for the record. You didn't file for your wife's AOS via form I-485. That form has absolutely nothing to do with you. Your wife completed and filed that form for herself ;-)

Rete
Old Apr 16th 2003, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by gardener
Cassoval,

Wish you luck,
Gardener

Hi Gardener,

Could you post your timeline as to what date your forms were mailed and when you received your notices. My husband and I are also waiting for the SF office. We're still waiting for our EAD letter and receipt.

Thanks in advance.

Kat and Chris
Old Apr 16th 2003, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Comments by others are in double quotes

To Rete:

“Your wife is picking up her EAD in less than 60 days from filing and you are moaning about your long wait for AOS. Try living in Phoenix where you wait for 3 years or NYC where you wait 24 months.�

All I stated was 'I filed my wife's I-485 in March so I have a LONG way to go.' Who’s moaning? Just stating a fact.

“Oh and for the record. You didn't file for your wife's AOS via form I-485. That form has absolutely nothing to do with you. Your wife completed and filed that form for herself ;-)�

Nitpicking. I filled out all the forms for my wife, and she signed it. I mailed it. Is that filing for myself or filing for her? Does anyone else beside you care how I worded it? OF COURSE we all understand that the I-485 has nothing to do with the petitioner. Save your writing for constructive comments.

I’m trying to pass on helpful advice here, and you, as the Moderator, should know better than to post belittling comments.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

To Caroline:

“What do you mean by getting your case through the system? To get your case in their database or to get your case processed.�

I can only assume that the woman meant to ensure the case is being processed and not hung up somewhere. I called the BCIS Call Center only twice, but each time I got through within two or three attempts, and each officer was very helpful. I can only speak from my experience. If others have gotten nowhere by calling their number, then I guess I have been extremely lucky. If there is no other way to get through to the local BCIS office (and I was told by BCIS that there is no direct number to the SF office), then where else can one turn to? Contact your elected officials? I did that when my wife was stuck in limbo last fall, having passed her visa interview and not getting her visa until 4 months later, and that was a pure waste of my time.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

To Kat and Chris:

“Could you post your timeline as to what date your forms were mailed and when you received your notices. My husband and I are also waiting for the SF office. We're still waiting for our EAD letter and receipt.�

3-7-03: Mailed I-485 and I-765 in one packet
4-11-03: Received letter for fingerprinting and picking up the EAD

BTW, ours is a K-3 visa case, and I don’t know if it has higher priority than K-1s. If my wife gets an interview much earlier than the current 8-month lag time, then that may have something to do with it. If that happens, I’ll post.

Gardener
Old Apr 16th 2003, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

If others have gotten nowhere by calling their number, then I guess I have been extremely lucky.
Well, right now, they promised that they would do something, but you have had no confirmation that they have done anything... I am very curious as to what the person on 1-800 number can do, especially when you have filed just 1 month ago and have already received an EAD appointment...

The people are indeed nice, but they have no power whatsoever. The local BCIS has the final word and overrules anything the 1-800 has told you. This is why a lot of people on the NG do not even bother to call the 1-800 number anymore.

The only way to contact your BCIS local office, is to stand in line, get a ticket and speak with an officer. This can also be a big waste of time... but then so is the entire process!

Caroline
Old Apr 16th 2003, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

4-11-03: Received letter for fingerprinting and picking up the EAD
Where do they ask to have your fingerprints taken? Is it the support center in Oakland?

I am interested because I will probably have to get my fingerprints retaken and I might not get another fingerprinting notice before our "interview that will never happen"...

Thanks,
Caroline
Old Apr 16th 2003, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Caroline,

According to the letter, there are four locations to get fingerprinted in the Bay Area: Santa Rosa, Oakland, SF and Modesto. My wife is being instructed to get hers done at Oakland.

I don't know how you can get another fingerprinting done without this letter, because the letter specifically states that this letter must be brought with you when coming in to get fingerprinted.

Gardener

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.