Missing page in i-130a

Old Aug 7th 2017, 9:14 am
Just Joined

voltaire4933 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing page in i-130a

Hi all,

I'm a UKC and wife is USC, we're living together in France and are planning to move to the USA.

We sent the i-130 application a couple of days ago. Unfortunately I have just noticed that I somehow failed to include page 3 of the i-130a form.

I read on the i130 instructions:

Initial Processing. Once USCIS accepts your petition we will check it for completeness. If you do not completely fill out this petition, you will not establish a basis for your eligibility and USCIS may reject or deny your petition.
I'm not 100% sure what this means. Will the packet be returned or will they issue an RFE for the missing page? Any idea on the time-line?

Thanks in advance,

Voltaire
Old Aug 7th 2017, 9:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing page in i-130a

Yes, either of those 2 things will probably happen.

Was the I-130 sent to the USA?

Rene
Old Aug 7th 2017, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it was sent to Chicago lockbox.

Do you know how long the Initial Processing takes, typically?

I haven't seen much on here about missing pages - usually it's about missing supporting info, which seems to trigger an RFE. I hope (!) it's an RFE.

Man I feel like such a dunce, I double checked and photocopied the i130 and other docs, but somehow just scooped the i130a from the printer without checking.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by voltaire4933
Do you know how long the Initial Processing takes, typically?
You're probably looking at 2-3 weeks minimum. If they issue an RFE, they'll keep your fee and your petition will be put on hold until such time as the missing information is provided and then processing will continue. Processing the I-130 typically takes 4-5 months. If they return your petition, they'll also return the fee and you'll then need to resubmit the paperwork.

Keep an eye on the payment... if payment is accepted, then your case will generate either an RFE or it'll move forward without requiring the omitted page.

Man I feel like such a dunce...
Don't be too hard on yourself... people have done far worse than omit a page - and things usually work out just fine.

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2017, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Curious if you and the Mrs. looked to see if you were able to do direct consular filing at the US Consulate/Embassy in France? We don't deal with France all that often so not 100% sure that is even doable or if your USC spouse has the right to remain in France and is eligible to use such a streamlined version of obtaining an immediate relative visa if it were available.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Unfortunately the French embassy in Paris says it is "emergency only" for consulate filing. I'm jealous of UK dwellers right now with the 30 day turnaround.

On a different topic: the i-130 asked for proof of bona fide marriage. We had our rental contract translated and sent that. Certain other items were seemed optional but now reading other posts here I'm worried I should've included affidavits and joint bank statements too. Stress.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 3:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, copies of joint bank accounts would have been good but since you didn't use them, don't worry. You can and should bring them to the US Consulate interview to prove the validity of your marriage. You will need them anyway when your wife completes the I-864 affidavit of support. That is really the next hurdle you will have to face. She will have to complete one regardless of whether or not she is financially capable of being sole financial supporter. She can always get someone who lives in the US and is a US Citizen or a legal permanent resident to be the joint sponsor. If you have assets that are 3x the amount required those can be used instead.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 3:59 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Curious if you and the Mrs. looked to see if you were able to do direct consular filing at the US Consulate/Embassy in France? We don't deal with France all that often so not 100% sure that is even doable or if your USC spouse has the right to remain in France and is eligible to use such a streamlined version of obtaining an immediate relative visa if it were available.
As we have discussed previously, it used to be possible file the I-130 directly with the consulate and they had authority to approve clean cases. The exception was in countries in which there was an overseas (former) INS office. Although consulates have been stripped of authority over I-130's, the overseas DHS office still have that authority.

So, there are DHS offices in London, Frankfurt, Rome and Athens. Paris does not have a DHS office.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 4:03 pm
Concierge

Thank you for your response. I was not asking for your advice and have not discussed this with you in the past.

I'm sure that others will find your information of interest.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 4:10 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Thank you for your response. I was not asking for your advice and have not discussed this with you in the past.

I'm sure that others will find your information of interest.
Your question was a good one and I just wanted to expand on that. The "we" was a reference to the BE community.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

OP here, a small update.

Today they deposited my check! So I'm in the system, which is good news.

When I get official confirmation by mail, with some kind of reference number, I'm wondering if I should send in the complete I-131a form with a cover letter to explain. Is there any mechanism to amend a submission like this?
Old Aug 17th 2017, 4:15 pm
Concierge

I would send nothing. Wait until they come to you for additional information/sheets.

There is absolutely no guarantee that even with a LDN # that the paperwork will meet up.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by voltaire4933
I'm wondering if I should send in the complete I-131a form with a cover letter to explain.
As counterintuitive as it might seem, Rete is right. Do nothing! Send nothing until such time as they send a request.

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2017, 3:31 pm
BE Commentator

I concur with Rete and Ian. Wait for a "Request For Evidence" aka "RFE."
Old Jul 13th 2018, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

This is the OP again just to give some closure on this issue.

Result: my I-130 was accepted and granted without an RFE despite the missing page and fairly scant evidence. I also realized I had used the UK version of dates of birth (day/month) for my wife. We sent a correction request that they did not acknowledge... it seemed none of that mattered in our case. There's a new online system for amending your forms so I guess some of this will be easier (or at least less mysterious) in the future.

Bon courage a tout le monde!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.