Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Missing the AP appointment

Missing the AP appointment

Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Missing the AP appointment

I'm going on holiday to South America for three weeks in October (lucky me!!)

My AP application has been pending at NYC for over 90 days now. I'm currently in L-1 status so I'm not too worried about travelling without AP (see my earlier posts on that).

However, I'm a bit concerned that while I'm away, the letter informing me of my AP appointment will come. My question is -what happens if I miss the appointment? Will my AP application be considered abandoned?

As always, any thoughts would be most welcome.

Cheers
Peter
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas anyone? I'd hate to miss out!

Cheers
Peter
Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

kjdrga is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the AP is mailed to you.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

JH's cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kjdrga

Don't worry about it, go to SA and do us all a favor and don't come back!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kjdrga
It won't be emailed to you if they ask you to come pick it up. Personnaly, I would go see them before the date of the appointment and try to reschedule the appointment at a later date, or try to get the AP before leaving.

Caroline
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:36 pm
Jesse

Default Re: Missing the AP appointment

Peter Newton <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Any ideas anyone? I'd hate to miss out!
    >
    >
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Peter

Peter,

While I would not recommend missing your appointment letter if you can
help it, I will share with you the experience I had in NYC:

Last year I missed my AP appointment because they mailed the letter to
the wrong address, and it was not forwarded to me until shortly after
the appointment date. I took the letter and got in line at 26 Fed.
Plaza at my first opportunity, and despite much waiting I had no
problem getting the AP.

Jesse

Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Missing the AP appointment

Originally posted by Peter Newton
I'm going on holiday to South America for three weeks in October (lucky me!!)

My AP application has been pending at NYC for over 90 days now. I'm currently in L-1 status so I'm not too worried about travelling without AP (see my earlier posts on that).

However, I'm a bit concerned that while I'm away, the letter informing me of my AP appointment will come. My question is -what happens if I miss the appointment? Will my AP application be considered abandoned?

As always, any thoughts would be most welcome.

Cheers
Peter
In SF, the notice to pick up the AP usually specifies a certain day, for example Thursday, and a date so that it reads something like "Pick up on any Thursday after xx/xx/xx." It's usually good for 45 days after xx/xx/xx, after which your application for AP will be deemed abandoned.

Not sure if the same thing applies in NY.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys - appreciate it! If I get time to go down there to get the AP, I'll post what happened.

Cheers
Peter