Reload this Page >

Milwaukee AOS Interview

Milwaukee AOS Interview

Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

blackie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Milwaukee AOS Interview

Hi everyone,

My husband and I had our interview today in Milwaukee (applied in early December), married for less than a year.

I was extremely nervous even though we've been together for four years and the officer was courteous, but really formal. She interviewed my husband and I separately, wrote down all my answers, didn't look at any pictures from our wedding, or others, or old cards, emails, etc. We didn't have joint bank statements (he's really bad with money) but she took our beneficiary info for us both, lease, car insurance, and some affidavits from friends, family, and co-workers. She interviewed my husband for a shorter amount of time and asked him some of the same questions.

She told my husband that we should expect to hear something in the next two or three days. Is this normal? No stamp in passport, no request for more info - just that we'd hear something in two or three days. Did anyone else experience this? What does this mean?

Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2006, 2:43 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milwaukee AOS Interview

Not the norm but not unusual either. If you have a legitimate marriage and had accurate proof (which you appear to have from what you said) and your answers are consistent, then they should be no problem.

Let us know when you hear what the outcome is.

Originally Posted by blackie
Hi everyone,

My husband and I had our interview today in Milwaukee (applied in early December), married for less than a year.

I was extremely nervous even though we've been together for four years and the officer was courteous, but really formal. She interviewed my husband and I separately, wrote down all my answers, didn't look at any pictures from our wedding, or others, or old cards, emails, etc. We didn't have joint bank statements (he's really bad with money) but she took our beneficiary info for us both, lease, car insurance, and some affidavits from friends, family, and co-workers. She interviewed my husband for a shorter amount of time and asked him some of the same questions.

She told my husband that we should expect to hear something in the next two or three days. Is this normal? No stamp in passport, no request for more info - just that we'd hear something in two or three days. Did anyone else experience this? What does this mean?

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Milwaukee AOS Interview

Update: I received an email on Tuesday saying that my case had been approved as of the 16th (our interview was on the 15th) and a welcome letter was in the mail. I received another one on Wednesday saying my green card was on the way.

I received the welcome letter today and the approved petition letter.

My husband and I are over the moon - I was so nervous about not knowing right away. I was mostly nervous because I was under the impression that they would want to see everything they possibly could since my husband and I have a big age gap, interracial and interfaith marriage - but I guess they could tell that we genuinely love each other (mushy gushy, I know, but he is the love of my life).
Old Jun 28th 2006, 7:53 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackie
Update: I received an email on Tuesday saying that my case had been approved as of the 16th (our interview was on the 15th) and a welcome letter was in the mail. I received another one on Wednesday saying my green card was on the way.

I received the welcome letter today and the approved petition letter.

My husband and I are over the moon - I was so nervous about not knowing right away. I was mostly nervous because I was under the impression that they would want to see everything they possibly could since my husband and I have a big age gap, interracial and interfaith marriage - but I guess they could tell that we genuinely love each other (mushy gushy, I know, but he is the love of my life).
Congratulations! Great feeling innit!?
Old Jun 30th 2006, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CarlM
Congratulations! Great feeling innit!?
Yes - it's brilliant! Got my greencard on Monday!